Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

Hatrickstu's Detailing How-To

Old 05-18-2009, 12:15 AM
  #101  
Member
 
Sceptre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-09
Location: Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Posts: 390
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where ya at in arkansas, i might definitely have to hit ya up for a detail
Sceptre is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 12:17 AM
  #102  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-03-05
Location: Ar-kan-sas
Posts: 15,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
conway/cabot
hatrickstu is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 12:18 AM
  #103  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
EatonTVS07's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: KCMO
Posts: 14,675
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
click
EatonTVS07 is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
  #104  
Senior Member
 
cobalt_ss187's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-08
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 2,262
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
click
cobalt_ss187 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:01 AM
  #105  
Banned
 
Join Date: 11-08-07
Location: Huntington, Texas
Posts: 6,041
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont see how i never saw this thread, this is a good how to Stu

subscribed
dman090 is offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 04:22 PM
  #106  
Senior Member
 
Tazman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-07-09
Location: chicago
Posts: 1,811
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wanna do mine for me! lol
Tazman89 is offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 04:29 PM
  #107  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-03-05
Location: Ar-kan-sas
Posts: 15,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for enough money sure.

parts of this need to be updated. i no longer use anything but air to dry cars. air dry, instant detail done.
hatrickstu is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 AM
  #108  
New Member
 
Join Date: 03-09-09
Location: Idaho
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hatrickstu View Post
for enough money sure.

parts of this need to be updated. i no longer use anything but air to dry cars. air dry, instant detail done.
Haha. Beautiful cars man...your guide has been a big help.

What kind of results can I expect if I follow, but without a polisher? I have a few very light scratches I would like to take care of...I purchased a kit from Mequier that includes clay bars and a quick detailing spray and a couple compounds for scratches and swirls. Going to wax after all that and a few washes...not quite ready to purchase a polisher but I don't need mirror-like results just yet.

Also, where would you fit any touch up to the paint into this regiment? How well would touched up areas hold up to a polisher if I do get one?
Telexen is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
  #109  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-03-05
Location: Ar-kan-sas
Posts: 15,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Telexen View Post
Haha. Beautiful cars man...your guide has been a big help.

What kind of results can I expect if I follow, but without a polisher? I have a few very light scratches I would like to take care of...I purchased a kit from Mequier that includes clay bars and a quick detailing spray and a couple compounds for scratches and swirls. Going to wax after all that and a few washes...not quite ready to purchase a polisher but I don't need mirror-like results just yet.

Also, where would you fit any touch up to the paint into this regiment? How well would touched up areas hold up to a polisher if I do get one?
i have never messed with touch up paint. so i cant say. you may get decent results with your kit, but you need heat to break down most compounds
hatrickstu is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 12:48 PM
  #110  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-22-08
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 23,677
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey punk ass are u home yet?
reign1 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 12:50 PM
  #111  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-03-05
Location: Ar-kan-sas
Posts: 15,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes sir i r
hatrickstu is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
  #112  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-22-08
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 23,677
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok for sure mna. het let me know how much deionized water u need. my pops said hell go business partners with u on it.
reign1 is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 03:58 PM
  #113  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-04-08
Location: Mo Val, CA
Posts: 3,672
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dam stu i never seen this..nice write up man..im def. using this..haha..wont be as good as u tho..
MarqueDo7BabyBalt is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
  #114  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Location: MO
Posts: 11,667
Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by reign1 View Post
ok for sure mna. het let me know how much deionized water u need. my pops said hell go business partners with u on it.
Question. Would running water through something like a Pur/Brita filter system help a lot with water spots.

Water spots are my arch rival and I need it clean and clear.
umrdyldo is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 PM
  #115  
Senior Member
 
arkkornkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-08
Location: TNARMS
Posts: 2,385
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after you finish washing, for a final rinse take your nozzle off the hose and "flood" your car, meaning: use regular flow water pressure and start at the top and work your way down. The surface tension of the water will pull most of the beads off your car...that is if it's got a good wax job on it.

less beads of water = less water spots .....and the quick detail that you use to clay bar is easy to use between waxings to remove waterspots. just spray on an applicator, wipe a section down and wipe off. Should become part of the washing routine.

after you finish washing, for a final rinse take your nozzle off the hose and "flood" your car, meaning: use regular flow water pressure and start at the top and work your way down. The surface tension of the water will pull most of the beads off your car...that is if it's got a good wax job on it. less beads of water = less water spots

.....and the quick detail that you use to clay bar is great for between waxings to remove waterspots. just spray on an applicator, wipe a section down and wipe off. Should become part of the washing routine.

Last edited by arkkornkid; 07-13-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
arkkornkid is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 04:19 PM
  #116  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-22-08
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 23,677
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tech to try and get rid of water spots is either clean water. or softened water. water softeners work decently for water spots.

im not too sure about brita water purifiers. that would take forever tho. just park ur car under shade and dry it off.
reign1 is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
  #117  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Location: MO
Posts: 11,667
Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by reign1 View Post
tech to try and get rid of water spots is either clean water. or softened water. water softeners work decently for water spots.

im not too sure about brita water purifiers. that would take forever tho. just park ur car under shade and dry it off.
I was thinking something like this. Fill it up and walk away. Wouldn't take too long to flow 5 gallons through to the bottom bucket.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1
umrdyldo is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:27 AM
  #118  
New Member
 
Join Date: 03-09-09
Location: Idaho
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently the Mr. Clean autodry system works pretty well. Purifies the water so you don't have the minerals in the water causing spots.

I've worked out a system of washing my car in sections rather than the entire thing and trying to dry really fast. It takes a while and you have to overlap if you spray too hard, but I get very good results with it.
Telexen is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:37 AM
  #119  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-03-08
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 3,482
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is a great how too! those cars look like f***'n glass
09turbo is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:03 PM
  #120  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-03-05
Location: Ar-kan-sas
Posts: 15,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Telexen View Post
Apparently the Mr. Clean autodry system works pretty well. Purifies the water so you don't have the minerals in the water causing spots.

I've worked out a system of washing my car in sections rather than the entire thing and trying to dry really fast. It takes a while and you have to overlap if you spray too hard, but I get very good results with it.
i hear its a pretty shitty product, but i havent used one. how do you wash yoru car in segments?
hatrickstu is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 12:47 AM
  #121  
New Member
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Marion
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt see anything about a grit guard.



Its a must for washing a car to keep down on swirls.
Fischer is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 AM
  #122  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-21-09
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 2,846
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ i like ur bucket
dunit121 is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 12:53 AM
  #123  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-03-05
Location: Ar-kan-sas
Posts: 15,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fischer View Post
I didnt see anything about a grit guard.



Its a must for washing a car to keep down on swirls.
yea ive never had access to one, but my two bucket method hasnt let me down yet
hatrickstu is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 12:56 AM
  #124  
New Member
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Marion
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can get them at autogeek or any other large online car detailing place for about $10.

Its just another way to prevent swirls from being made and destroying our sanity.
Fischer is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 01:23 AM
  #125  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 05-03-05
Location: Ar-kan-sas
Posts: 15,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh im well aware where i can get them!

what state are you from?
hatrickstu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hatrickstu's Detailing How-To


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.