Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Show & Shine (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show-shine-140/)
-   -   That time of year, what are you using (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show-shine-140/time-year-what-you-using-317290/)

ss88 05-07-2015 05:59 PM

That time of year, what are you using

Well boys and girls its that time of year again in the north east. What are you guys using to clean and shine the your rides. I've always hovered around Maguire's product, I'm thinking of trying out some of Chemical Guys product this year

Superbolt 05-07-2015 07:33 PM

Mothers wash n wax carnauba ...what I use after I did the nu finish polish, the first time it was took out of storage.

LNFTX 05-07-2015 11:19 PM

Rain
It basically hasnt stopped for a month straight its killin me

riceburner 05-07-2015 11:38 PM

Just purchased a bunch of chemguys stuff, their grape soap with wax, a drying assistant spray, some wheel and bug/tar cleaners, pads, cant remember the rest but im excited because its usually really good stuff.

ss88 05-08-2015 01:00 AM

There is some research involved with chemical guys, they have what seems to be a million products. I was just checking out Griots products anyone ever use them?

axmonkey 05-09-2015 01:43 PM

I'm pretty happy with clay bar and then Turbo Wax. I don't have a good tire shine, or anything decent for the black plastic/rubber bits.

Last tire shine I used was armorall extreme, but it would throw off on to the paint....so no.

I've been using clay on the headlights/tail lights etc. and windows with decent results. The turbo wax(not the cleaner) is safe on the plastics too, so I use it on the tail lights & side marker lights in the back. They look pretty good.

bluesrocker137 05-11-2015 10:11 PM

Meguiars Deep Crystal wash, Meguiars Liquid Wax, Meguiars Quick Detailer, Meguiars Hot Shine, and Black Magic Aluminum wheel cleaner

As you can tell I like Meguiars... lol. It's not the absolute best, but it's cheap and does everything I need it to do to make my car look just as good as anything else on the road.

chris88z24 05-11-2015 10:13 PM

I use pollen to wax my car. Works great

yellowsupercharged06 05-11-2015 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Superbolt (Post 7529140)
Mothers wash n wax carnauba ...what I use after I did the nu finish polish, the first time it was took out of storage.

I use mothers wash and wax carnauba too. Got it the first time cuz it matched the color of my car lol.

I also use armorall butter smooth wax

The pollen is killing me though it wont stay clean

ss88 05-11-2015 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by yellowsupercharged06 (Post 7530218)
I use mothers wash and wax carnauba too. Got it the first time cuz it matched the color of my car lol.

I also use armorall butter smooth wax

The pollen is killing me though it wont stay clean

Same problem here with pollen, I purchased the California Duster works great. Start up the car in the am quick dusting then off I go pollen free until its lunch time then all the pollen is back lol.

bluesrocker137 05-12-2015 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ss88 (Post 7530238)
Same problem here with pollen, I purchased the California Duster works great. Start up the car in the am quick dusting then off I go pollen free until its lunch time then all the pollen is back lol.

Have you ever had problems with the California Duster leaving a weird oily residue on your car? I purchased one a few weeks ago and it left residue all over my car, it's been sitting on newspaper since then trying to get the oil out and still no better.

Mr Mall Cop 05-12-2015 09:05 AM

Turtle Wax

ECaulk 05-12-2015 09:15 AM

I use Adam's Polishes (wash, clay bar, detail spray, waterless wash, the list goes on :lol:), love their stuff. But it costs a bit so def look out for when they do 15% off and flat rate shipping.

Originally Posted by ss88 (Post 7530238)

Must be you like scratching your paint....

yellowsupercharged06 05-12-2015 09:30 AM

yeah i would never use a duster unless the car sits inside and your just dusting the DUST off of the highly waxed surface. Any other time its just putting hair line scratches in the paint.

just hose the car off if your looking to get the pollen off.

best part of having a yellow car is you only see the pollen on the windows :lol:

bmartz1991 05-12-2015 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by yellowsupercharged06 (Post 7530311)
yeah i would never use a duster unless the car sits inside and your just dusting the DUST off of the highly waxed surface. Any other time its just putting hair line scratches in the paint.

just hose the car off if your looking to get the pollen off.

best part of having a yellow car is you only see the pollen on the windows :lol:

You lucky bastard lol pollen shows up on black like a sore thumb.

yellowsupercharged06 05-12-2015 10:48 PM

Hahaha yeah which is why i would never own a dark color car... Im anal lol

riceburner 05-13-2015 12:38 PM

^I'm adam! :lol:

To properly use a california duster is tricky. a) car needs to be COMPLETELY clean and you literally use the duster to ever so lightly go over the surface, you gotta hold it so the ends of the bristles or whatever are just barely touching the paint to remove the dust. when not in use, hang up in the closet to keep the fibers nice and not dusty. gotta dust off the duster too lol.

i personally wouldn't use one but if used properly it works without scratching paint. good for shows i suppose.

anyway i got my order of chemguys stuff yesterday and can't wait to use it!

as always, check out my car washing thread! :) cheers

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/how-...-heavy-301154/

Staged07SS 05-13-2015 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by ss88 (Post 7529124)
Well boys and girls its that time of year again in the north east. What are you guys using to clean and shine the your rides. I've always hovered around Maguire's product, I'm thinking of trying out some of Chemical Guys product this year

This is all I use, and love it.

I run a small detail business, and all my customers love the look of their cars after I'm finished with them.

Originally Posted by yellowsupercharged06 (Post 7530589)
Hahaha yeah which is why i would never own a dark color car... Im anal lol

This is my last dark colored car....

My wifes white equinox always looks clean.

My car is dirty the second I pull it out of the garage after detailing it, lol.

but damn does she look sharp when all waxed up nice.

ECaulk 05-13-2015 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by riceburner (Post 7530758)
^I'm adam! :lol:

To properly use a california duster is tricky. a) car needs to be COMPLETELY clean and you literally use the duster to ever so lightly go over the surface, you gotta hold it so the ends of the bristles or whatever are just barely touching the paint to remove the dust. when not in use, hang up in the closet to keep the fibers nice and not dusty. gotta dust off the duster too lol.

i personally wouldn't use one but if used properly it works without scratching paint. good for shows i suppose.

This part they never seem to actually show in any commercials its just some dude just dusting away.

ECaulk 05-13-2015 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS (Post 7530760)
This is all I use, and love it.

I run a small detail business, and all my customers love the look of their cars after I'm finished with them.

They def are a good product, but you have to get a polisher to get results. I like Adams better mostly due to being local to me and they try to only use products from the USA or countries with similar labor laws and standards.

Staged07SS 05-13-2015 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk (Post 7530766)
They def are a good product, but you have to get a polisher to get results. I like Adams better mostly due to being local to me and they try to only use products from the USA or countries with similar labor laws and standards.

Yep, I use a polisher.

ECaulk 05-13-2015 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS (Post 7530793)
Yep, I use a polisher.

I knew you did. It was more for the OP or other readers, don't fall for the swirl correction by hand because your hand will fall off by the time you get done and 4 seasons will have passed.

Staged07SS 05-13-2015 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk (Post 7530794)
I knew you did. It was more for the OP or other readers, don't fall for the swirl correction by hand because your hand will fall off by the time you get done and 4 seasons will have passed.

:lol:

riceburner 05-13-2015 07:01 PM

Way too true lol :lol:

yellowsupercharged06 05-14-2015 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS (Post 7530793)
Yep, I use a polisher.

whats the going rate on a detail ? I have some swirl marks that could disappear.

.... head install & detail combo lmao :poke: