Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

css.net going downhill??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I post alot of bs threads...but is that not what the seperation of the forum is for....You goto certain area for certain content.....If you wish to avoid the bs stay out of the lounge just look in the other areas.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alleycat58
SS/SCs are a dime a dozen here, but I do miss his car and I know he does too, but honestly I like the potential of the delSol a LOT more than the SS, but I'm not impressed with dyno or 1/4 mile numbers either.

sidebar: Anyone else find it ironic that a thread about the lack of Cobalt discussion on the site has been threadjacked by a Cobalt (and minorly del sol) discussion?
hondas are taking over the interweb

Originally Posted by sick06cobalt
WEll what do you suggest this site due in order to get things back on track? I mean there are still alot of members on here who do know alot about our cars (reign, Area, M dub, me (2.2 only though), hack, ect... ) you just have to know who to find and talk to... plus most of the members who are the more educated ones will most of the time post something then have someone else come and bash them *(mostly newer members who think that they know all, sometimes not.....) but then those help threads come back and bite the OP in the butt because it becomes a flame war...

so what do you suggest this site do?
honestly i dont really know.. and even reign ss is on ecotecforum now, i have a lot of respect for him but all he really does on here is lock up immature threads... and theres so many others that have been here for so long who have moved from this site to another. And yes theres still are some well-educated members still here but its just a matter of time before they get fed up with it too

SS/SCs are a dime a dozen here, but I do miss his car and I know he does too, but honestly I like the potential of the delSol a LOT more than the SS, but I'm not impressed with dyno or 1/4 mile numbers either.

sidebar: Anyone else find it ironic that a thread about the lack of Cobalt discussion on the site has been threadjacked by a Cobalt (and minorly del sol) discussion?
thats because were the educated ones on this forum...so we can talk about whatever we want until someone asks us a question haha
Old 03-11-2008, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by JRANGER
I post alot of bs threads...but is that not what the seperation of the forum is for....You goto certain area for certain content.....If you wish to avoid the bs stay out of the lounge just look in the other areas.
that's all it is anymore... i'm tired of just goin back to the tech threads(what this site is supposed to be all about and look) when i already know what is there.. No one on here wants to talk about the cars it seems like

Originally Posted by Raven SS
thats because were the educated ones on this forum...so we can talk about whatever we want until someone asks us a question haha
yea im used to ingnorin that though

Last edited by blk ss/sc 1; 03-11-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2008, 12:54 PM

If you are griping about this forum getting new members, having old members leave, and changing then you have very little experience with online message boards. This is the natural cycle EVERY board takes. I am 100% sure if you went to a damn knitting message board you would find the same thing.

If you don't like the BS threads don't go to the BS area. If people you like are visiting another site, make a name on that site to talk to them. It's not like if you are a member of two sites some cobaltss.net task force is sent out to assault you.

More new members = more people driving the car = more companies take notice of the car = more companies develop products for the car. So you take the good with the bad. Yeah theres a lot of noobs who come on and say "how do i niteshade my tail lights, pls respond!!!!" but hell, we were all there once.

As for the "my girlfriend did this, waaaaah" threads just ignore them. If the only people you have to turn to when your significant other does something are people online you need to unplug your damn computer and go outside
Old 03-11-2008, 12:55 PM

If I couldn't just chat on here too I would be gone! I don't know everything about everything, but I feel that I help out when and where I can. The chatting is what makes me want to log on. Otherwise I would only pop in when I need answers!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 PM

THat is ironic
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 PM

LOL this is true.

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
that's all it is anymore... i'm tired of just goin back to the tech threads(what this site is supposed to be all about and look) when i already know what is there.. No one on here wants to talk about the cars it seems like
Don't take this the wrong way, but, it IS an economy car. It's not like it's a rare, exotic, or highly valuable car. People aren't going to talk about it like it's their pet Ferrari or anything.

I have one. It sits at home while I go to work. I just, I dunno. If there's a topic that piques my interest, I'll meander in. If not....oh well.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by TheDaves413
If you are griping about this forum getting new members, having old members leave, and changing then you have very little experience with online message boards. This is the natural cycle EVERY board takes. I am 100% sure if you went to a damn knitting message board you would find the same thing.

If you don't like the BS threads don't go to the BS area. If people you like are visiting another site, make a name on that site to talk to them. It's not like if you are a member of two sites some cobaltss.net task force is sent out to assault you.

More new members = more people driving the car = more companies take notice of the car = more companies develop products for the car. So you take the good with the bad. Yeah theres a lot of noobs who come on and say "how do i niteshade my tail lights, pls respond!!!!" but hell, we were all there once.

As for the "my girlfriend did this, waaaaah" threads just ignore them. If the only people you have to turn to when your significant other does something are people online you need to unplug your damn computer and go outside

no no no.. see i'm tryin to give my suggestion to the admin so this site can be saved from tuning into a bunch of BS like it is. I dont tihnk you realize all there is anymore are BS threads.. Thats all.. you have to go back and look at threads 5 months old to get any info, it's ridiculous. I dont mind at all about the new ones on here askin questions about there cars, like you said we've all been there once.. but i say 9 out of 10 threads are lounge threads anymore
Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM

I agree,I bouht my car back in 05(the car is an 06), and when I first signed on, the forum was small, and pretty much a one stop shop forall my tech questions...Hell, I learned 90% of what I know about the cobalt from my first year and a ahalf on the boards, after that, it was the same thing over and over again. I saw the decline start with the absence of new ideas, just reposts about headlights and mounts, then it got bad....It's a cycle though, I'm confident that here in a bit we will start to see things pick back up again.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM

LOL this is true.

Don't take this the wrong way, but, it IS an economy car. It's not like it's a rare, exotic, or highly valuable car. People aren't going to talk about it like it's their pet Ferrari or anything.

I have one. It sits at home while I go to work. I just, I dunno. If there's a topic that piques my interest, I'll meander in. If not....oh well.
not only this but its been around for awhile..and new **** doesnt come out everyday...if u keep it all about tech discussion this forum would die
Old 03-11-2008, 01:00 PM

I hate how when a new guy asks a certain question that has been posted b4 and everyone jumps down there throat about "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON" Has anyone actually tried using the search button? it is a pain in the ass when u search for something specific and a million threads pull up from just 1 word that u put in there that has nothing to do with what ur looking for. I try and help these guys out as much as I can with out being some smart ass hole to them.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:03 PM

not only this but its been around for awhile..and new **** doesnt come out everyday...if u keep it all about tech discussion this forum would die
I agree with that statemtent and that the majority of discuccions are anything but cobalt related

no no no.. see i'm tryin to give my suggestion to the admin so this site can be saved from tuning into a bunch of BS like it is. I dont tihnk you realize all there is anymore are BS threads.. Thats all.. you have to go back and look at threads 5 months old to get any info, it's ridiculous. I dont mind at all about the one new on here askin questions about there cars, like you said we've all been there once.. but i say 9 out of 10 threads are lounge threads anymore
So whats the admin gonna do, force everyone to only discuss the technical aspects of the car? Seriously I don't get your complaint. Its a car thats now a good 3 years old. Whats there left to discuss? The threads are 5 months old because everyone gets the car and does the same things to it, because theres not much out there to do.

Until theres more products available, more people going out on a limb and doing massive customization, theres nothing more to discuss man....

Troof. You have a project car here and there that everyone wants updated on, but even now so many turbo swaps have been done it's like 2 years ago when the hot topics were "OMG INTENSE STAGE WTF..sooo awesome". I'm sure there'll be some pick up when people start taking delivery of their SS/TCs.

Most of the posts that could be posted have been posted and it gets old reading the SoS. Not to mention those of us who have met up with a local group usually talk at great length about our cars regularly, so we don't post up on here as much.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Troof. You have a project car here and there that everyone wants updated on, but even now so many turbo swaps have been done it's like 2 years ago when the hot topics were "OMG INTENSE STAGE WTF..sooo awesome". I'm sure there'll be some pick up when people start taking delivery of their SS/TCs.

Most of the posts that could be posted have been posted and it gets old reading the SoS. Not to mention those of us who have met up with a local group usually talk at great length about our cars regularly, so we don't post up on here as much.
hey hey dont forget us ss/htv people...
Old 03-11-2008, 01:06 PM

it's a car forum though.. not mygirlfriend forum.. seriously look.. 9 out of 10 threads are in the lounge, explain that to me,, if we eliminated half of them we would get rid of a bunch of immature ones and then this site would be back to what it was made for = cobalt info... And yes it's nice to have a little BS here and there but my god,, EVERY THREAD?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:08 PM

hey hey dont forget us ss/htv people...
Believe me, I haven't. I get daily updates from Al about his. If I had the cash to throw around, I'd do that. But I have aspirations of being a homeowner first, LOL. My income + Wes' income doesn't leave enough space for me to be comfortable with huge car mods. I need to beef up the steering knuckles before anything or else I'm not going to have a racing season at all this year
Old 03-11-2008, 01:11 PM

its everythread because as said before..unless someone does a major build..or has a problem where there car breaks down..theres nothing to talk about...even with all the bullshit threads look how many are tech discussion? no ones stopping them from posting tech ****...just nothing comes out man..i agree i hate the girlfriend post but it happens..and some are funny..
Old 03-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
you can't get away from it.

those of us who need to discuss technical stuff have our means of communication, and means of sharing it with people who will help out.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:16 PM

it's a car forum though.. not mygirlfriend forum.. seriously look.. 9 out of 10 threads are in the lounge, explain that to me,, if we eliminated half of them we would get rid of a bunch of immature ones and then this site would be back to what it was made for = cobalt info... And yes it's nice to have a little BS here and there but my god,, EVERY THREAD?
Well think about it this way alot of these people that post about girlfriends and what not feel that they are a part of a community of fellow cobalt owners that they can bs with. guess you could go as far as saying internet friends. yes there is alot of bs and somepeople like to talk on forums. Yes there is not much else to talk about a car that everyone has basiclly modded the same way but to answer questions that have been answered many times b4
Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 PM

i think the problem with the search is you type in intake how many people have posted the what intake to get thread so you have 10k threads like that because that many people didnt search and that caused that many threads in the first place....i think we should have a n00b section that has a bunch of stickys and you ask those kinds of questions in and you cant get out of the n00b zone til you have so many posts
Old 03-11-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
you can't get away from it.

those of us who need to discuss technical stuff have our means of communication, and means of sharing it with people who will help out.
speaking of this..u have a pm my friend
Old 03-11-2008, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by redlineblueline
i think the problem with the search is you type in intake how many people have posted the what intake to get thread so you have 10k threads like that because that many people didnt search and that caused that many threads in the first place....i think we should have a n00b section that has a bunch of stickys and you ask those kinds of questions in and you cant get out of the n00b zone til you have so many posts
ha thats an awesome idea.. i dont even tell anyone to search anymore because to find what your actually lookin for could take hours..

Quick Reply: css.net going downhill??