New Staff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amen.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
How about adding 5-10 more mods to try and ensure there is always 2-3 mods online at any given time to deal with the bs that comes along, make sure u find mods in different time zones, be organized about it, try and have some type of schedual setup, hell add 20 more mods if u have to, give them limited powers or something, bottom line, css.net needs more mods, plain and simple, so start lookin at ppl who are always on here at specific times of the day and get them setup as moderators.
that wouldnt change the fact the intelligence level has seemingly plummeted. you know, like those guys that want to organize drift meets in their cobalts over the site?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:52 PM

This is true as well..
Old 10-29-2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
It doesn't matter if we add/subtract/change/move the moderation staff, at the end of the day it's there job to enforce the rules which makes them "the bad guys".
Not trying to talk **** or whatever so this is just my opinion. The mods are like cops. Ill never buy the whole "I dont make the rules I just enforce them". Once again this is just like the pigs, since they decided to make it their life to **** people over 90% of the time and solve real crime the other 10%. With that being said cops
(pigs) definately wholeheartedly believe in the rules, support them, and would vote the rules in if it was to save their job. Its like being the parking meter person, how does it feel to know that its your job to **** people over allll day long? Not saying we dont need people like that, just saying those people will never EVER get my respect. This is not directed towards you Reign, Im just voicing my opinion, which is what public forums are all about. We all know that banning a certain person would have saved this thread from its technical information demise, even though that person did nothing wrong. Sometimes you just have to give a little good to get a LOT of great back in return if you catch my drift.....

Once again if people cant handle my opinion, please leave this free speech, public, open forum.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
that wouldnt change the fact the intelligence level has seemingly plummeted. you know, like those guys that want to organize drift meets in their cobalts over the site?
awww isn't that sweet, a lil flame for me........i didn't say make me a mod wtf do u think i'd do? I'd become power hungry and ppl like u would be my 1st target for being an ******* welcome to the real world ppl..........thus why the "War/Flame" section is a good idea, but none of u seem to be able to wrap your head around the psychological part of it
Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 PM

a flame/war section will turn into nothing but a ***** thread. and will eventually get carried over into other, meaningful threads...
Old 10-29-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by RedEcotecSS
a flame/war section will turn into nothing but a ***** thread. and will eventually get carried over into other, meaningful threads...
wat are u talking about? it's already being carried over EVERYWHERE into tons of meaningful threads..........let them flame but ONLY in that section.........one site i was on had a rule, anything moved to the flame/war section from meaningful threads got each party involved a 24hour temp ban which allows everyone else to see how stupid they were and flame them for it........the ppl come back from their temp ban after reading wat ppl wrote about them in the flame/war section and i'm sure they won't be as tempted to pull **** in the reg forums........simply deleting it everytime isn't enough, a temp ban isn't even enough, u have to embaress the person for being retarded infront of the entire forum to give them a little more encouragement to not be a tool.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nutsandboldts05

You have no room to speak, at all! Just my 2. cents... You have had your fair share of being an asshat as well. In fact, your post pretty much is whining about said "douchebag mod." You feel the need to curse once or twice in every sentance. Cursing is fine by me, but many people here go way over the limit, to the point its just ridiculous. And i've also seen you get mad over stuff online and sit there and argue with the member.
apparently you took nothing from what i said.

grain of salt please...add it.

sorry dr.phil jr but i you dont need to be a hypocrit and go around judging everyone by how the contribuite themselfs on the interwebs.

you dont know me, so dont act like you do...people who know me know i am joking a very high precentage of the time.

and who are you? because all i ever see you do is troll posts, bringing not awhole lot to the table.

leave your petty remarks towards other memebers off of here, we dont need this locked kpleasethanks.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by lewisb13
Not trying to talk **** or whatever so this is just my opinion. The mods are like cops. Ill never buy the whole "I dont make the rules I just enforce them". Once again this is just like the pigs, since they decided to make it their life to **** people over 90% of the time and solve real crime the other 10%. With that being said cops
(pigs) definately wholeheartedly believe in the rules, support them, and would vote the rules in if it was to save their job. Its like being the parking meter person, how does it feel to know that its your job to **** people over allll day long? Not saying we dont need people like that, just saying those people will never EVER get my respect. This is not directed towards you Reign, Im just voicing my opinion, which is what public forums are all about. We all know that banning a certain person would have saved this thread from its technical information demise, even though that person did nothing wrong. Sometimes you just have to give a little good to get a LOT of great back in return if you catch my drift.....

Once again if people cant handle my opinion, please leave this free speech, public, open forum.
Are you complaining about cops or internet moderators?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Projekt
apparently you took nothing from what i said.

grain of salt please...add it.

sorry dr.phil jr but i you dont need to be a hypocrit and go around judging everyone by how the contribuite themselfs on the interwebs.

you dont know me, so dont act like you do...people who know me know i am joking a very high precentage of the time.

and who are you? because all i ever see you do is troll posts, bringing not awhole lot to the table.

leave your petty remarks towards other memebers off of here, we dont need this locked kpleasethanks.

Exactly what I'm talking about. You have a cocky remark to everything someone says. I haven't said one bad thing to you yet since i've been around, just what i said in my post that you just quoted, and yet you come back with your cocky remark. I only pointed out the obvious, so yes; grain of salt please...add it. Try not to cry to long guy.

I'm not trying to be a hypocrit by any means. There were just a few people that said "Hey I think I'd make a good admin," and i disagreed. Big deal, don't lose any sleep over it.

I never once claimed or acted like I know you. I know the difference between a joke and some of the things I've seen you post.

I am who I am, that is not of any importance to you. If we ever get the chance to meet, then we will worry about that. Hopefully we will have forgotten this disagreement if we ever do. Its no fun argueing with someone because of a minor issue online.

I only made 2 remarks towards other members in my post. Those are the only remarks you can be reffering to as petty. <y other remarks were towards becoming accepted as an admin, and how I have seen it at numerous other forums that I participate in.

The reason you may only see me "trolling" in a post is because that's what you tend to do my friend. If you were reading the informative forums you would see a different side of me. I'll admit I read and troll some topics, but they should be far and few. BUT I also read way more informative forums then you'd think. I'm constantly reading these things trying to learn what i'm gonna do next to my car. If I'm in the lounge its usually constructive and helpful where I post. In the technical forums, I'm usually sharing the knowledge that I have gained or I'm trying to learn what I don't know. Your call out on me trolling is way off and called out in anger.

Not trying to talk **** or whatever so this is just my opinion. The mods are like cops.....

There are good cops you know. I'm sure there are a few on this site as well. I have had cop friends, some people just like the job. Being a cop ain't easy, cause sometimes you get involved with crazy people that may take something personally and go a little to far. Cops have their fair share of consequences that come with the job.

Last edited by nutsandboldts05; 10-30-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM

Gees...........tell us how you really feel.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member

its an interesting problem. i see some people that say that the site needs more mods to handle problems. then i see other people that say the mods get involved in things that they shouldn't and ban people and close threads for little to no reason.

am i the only who thinks those are mutually exclusive goals?

the point i am trying to make is that no matter what happens there are people that are going to be unhappy, all the mods can do is to enforce the rules as they have been explained to them and try to make the greatest percentage of members happy as possible.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:52 PM

The only complaint that I have is RULE #1 not being enforced...at all that I have seen!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 PM

what is trolling? i was under the impression that a troll was someone who never posts, but uses the forums often. im thinking that here a troll is someone who only posts to start an argument?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:19 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mcphatty
what is trolling? i was under the impression that a troll was someone who never posts, but uses the forums often. im thinking that here a troll is someone who only posts to start an argument?
I believe they refer to the people that look around in forums and find threads to just start/talk **** to people.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RBC
I believe they refer to the people that look around in forums and find threads to just start/talk **** to people.
Correct.

People that are part of the forum that only read and don't post are generally referred to as lurkers.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
Correct.

People that are part of the forum that only read and don't post are generally referred to as lurkers.
lurker or troll..........i like the name troll better, make the person sound like more of a tool
Old 10-31-2008, 09:18 AM

I like the term "lurker"..makes me want to play Starcraft again.

"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory or irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)