South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

*** FAYETTEVILLE, NC (and surrounding areas) ****

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We should do something like Weds night.. that is when Twisted and I have off from being Stellar Jr. Birdman
Old 07-15-2006, 01:18 PM

apparentlly somone ina yellow Cavalier/Cobalt was making quite the rucuss considering i got stopped at the gate cause the cops called it in. I dont like it when that happens.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by drizunkpenguin
We should do something like Weds night.. that is when Twisted and I have off from being Stellar Jr. Birdman

I'm ok with anytime really. it's just hard to get everyone on the same page when it comes to when and where.
I usually like to meet up and eat some food. then mayeb go for a drive or somthing. it's all in the planning. i've been in too many car groups where i had to make all the decisions i'm going to leave it up to somone else this time.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by uthinkimodd
just wonderin' anyone around have a pulley puller i could borrow some time.
If you can see your way down to Camp Lejuene our auto hobby shop has pullers and a press. I put a 3" SCPH on mine there. We can only do it if the A/C guy is there, he's the only one cool enough to press on the new pulley. The guy with the s4 with biturbo plates works in my building, I'm going to ask him about his Cobalt race, who ever it was that raced him.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by uthinkimodd
i'm not sure i know there is one guy with a black SS that is always at the mall i dont know if he works there or what but it has a bragg sticker on it. I tried talking to him once and he didn't really seem all that interested about cars or anythign like that. or maybe it wa cause i'm a guy who knows.

yeah i was thinking 3.0" but didn't really want to be pushing the limit of the injectors

i know i probally shouldn't have but i pulled pretty hard on the red s4 with the "biturbo" plates. he did jump on me pretty hard on take off but i pulled at about a gain of 7 mph on him after that.

so um yeah nobody has a pulley puller???
I have the BiTurbo guy right beside me and he's wondering if you want to head to the track in about 2 weeks to race on a weekend? He claims the race ended a little differently than described above. I know the car, I dont think you pulled much on him, unless he wasn't paying attention. I'm heading that way with him in 2 week ends to run the 1/4 at the track if anyones interested in cruising. Oh yeah, the Audi driver wants to know what gear your pulled on him in?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

My Body kit was shipped out Friday, should be here no later than the 19th... WOOO!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
I have the BiTurbo guy right beside me and he's wondering if you want to head to the track in about 2 weeks to race on a weekend? He claims the race ended a little differently than described above. I know the car, I dont think you pulled much on him, unless he wasn't paying attention. I'm heading that way with him in 2 week ends to run the 1/4 at the track if anyones interested in cruising. Oh yeah, the Audi driver wants to know what gear your pulled on him in?
well for starters i know it's a fast car i just figured something was wrong with it. but let's see i believe when we were on all american i guess he jumped on me in second then by the time i was in third his front bumper was right next to my window.

on that little road going from raeford to all american i was behind you at the light then you jumped up to get over. to race i suppose (paying attention) then we both took off at teh same time. maybe you didn't start out well or you underestimated the cobalt ( it was running well that night) but i'm pretty sure i beat you to the corner to my suprise. at least i beat you bad enough to make you follow me on to all american. you should win on the track i hope. my cars bes is a 14.6 it just goes to show how different things go down on the street.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:08 PM

He was in 5th gear on all American, when I get to work tomorrow I'll show him your post. He was a little suprised when I knew about his little run in. Any how we'll both be up there in two weekends to hit the track. I'm bringing my blue SS S/C, and he will of course have the S4. I'll try and get my other friend with a black SS S/C to head up, do you think you could assemble the Fayetville crew?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:11 PM

If you still want to yank that pulley give me a holler, it's a pain in the dick if you don't have the tools or have done it before. Don't you guys have an Auto Hobby shop in the Army?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
He was in 5th gear on all American, when I get to work tomorrow I'll show him your post. He was a little suprised when I knew about his little run in. Any how we'll both be up there in two weekends to hit the track. I'm bringing my blue SS S/C, and he will of course have the S4. I'll try and get my other friend with a black SS S/C to head up, do you think you could assemble the Fayetville crew?
i can give it a shot. i dont want to argue or call anyone out but he jumped pretty hard to be in 5th gear he may have took off in third or second then shifted to 5th. but eh who knows. i know i shouldn't have beat him.

let's see does the fayettville group want to go to the track??? apparrently my springs are lost in the mail somwhere.

yeah we have a few shops here but i'm pretty sure someone around has the pulley puller that intense or zzp sells. if not mayeb I'll go ahead and buy it it's just much easier than conventional pully puller and press. one tool does both.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:24 PM

Just a forwarning I noticed that it got a little sluggish when I changed the pulley until I changed the plugs and the plug gap. you could probably keep your stock plugs, I would at least gap them smaller though. And mine runs as rich as a Hilton. I can't wait to get the Maf-t and high flow injectors.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 PM

thanks for the warning. i already have plugs and i keep a spark plug gapping tool on my keychain. lol but i dont know if i'm going to be getting it from intense now. i was going to because they have that buy $100 worth of **** get free transaxle mounts. but the mps is $99.99 and thats not more than 100 so it wont work. pretty gay! maybe i'll get CAB instead. i care more about handling then going fast anyhow.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:26 PM

No worries, just get a 2.8 " pulley for when you want to start hammering the boost. That would put you over $100. Or you could buy an Intense sticker.....though I wouldn't. I wish I would have seen intenses web site before I bought and pressed on my SCPH. The smallest I can go is 2.8 without machining the snout. My neighbor with a black SS S/C is driving to Intense to have them install the stage 3 kit. He just has to get it back to from the dealer though, someone bashed his quarter panel and he has to get a brand new one. Just out of curiosity, how are your tires hooking up? Mine are terrible, I can't keep the damn things from spinning.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:39 PM

yeha the stock tires are pretty pathetic. they spin pretty much all the time not even dumping the clutch. they do have their days though it's pretty wierd. i'll get some new ones eventually but right now my car isn't really at that part of needing new tires.

where is intense anyway? he should be able to install stage 3 by himself. from the look so far these things aren't really that hard to work on.

i guess i'm just gonna buy some CABs those my free tranaxle mounts, a new motor mount, my sportlines (if they ever show up), the strut tower bar, and the progress RSB that i have already installed should make for a cornering SOB at least untill someone decides to make some struts then i'll be happy.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:44 PM

They are in Ohio. He's from Pittsburg and he says they're only 2 hours from his house. I don't have the kind of dollars he does. Apparently daddy bought him some microsoft stocks that he sold. The hardest thing I've dealt with so far is the damn pulley, but that's because I didn't want to spend $100 on the puller. I did it for $10 at the hobby shop. How's the track at Fayetville? I've never seen it, is there places to get chow and drinks? I'm not exactly sure when I'll roll out, next Friday or Saturday some time.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:36 PM

well if you're going to eat at the track it's expensive. they have teh normal hotdogs and ****. other than that it's a little bit of a drive to go get somthign to eat. if i was you i'd bring a cooler for drinks. the track in generall is not bad. a lot of people say it's pretty bumpy but it has it's days of being fast and slow just like any other track.

yeah it just seems like a waste to spend $100 on a pully puller you're probally only going to have to use once or twice.

well i gotta go to work gotta hate the night shift.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:39 AM

Where's the rest of the Fayetville faithful? You guys gonna make it or what? It would be the heat if we could roll to the track with at least 4 or 5 Cobalts. And then we could roll somewheres else, wherever the spot is at in Fayetville.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Banned

i drive an LT.. so i wont be doing anything a the track except look pretty after i put the body kit on
Old 07-18-2006, 08:49 AM

Not gonna be up for the track(mostly I'll be out of town for 2 weeks)...i went to that track back in May, it was hot then and it pretty much sucked...I had so much melted rubber on my tires, it was pathetic...I prefer going to the dunn/benson track (even though it is 1/8th) it is also better since they run at night.

If I were going to be in town, I would have been up for metting up afterwards...maybe next time...
Old 07-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Banned

im going to realigh tonight to see 3 Doors Down and Lynard Skynard...Tomorrow ill be in Pinehurst during the day back in F-vill tomorrow night
Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 PM

As always at home with family, I'll probably hit the track once it cools of some more. I know I will be going at least once before I deploy my cousin just signed into CASCOM and we were talking of going down and runnning.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 PM

wow, talk about glitches....lol
Old 07-20-2006, 06:08 PM

Wink

Sorry to inform you man but I am pretty sure your car never pulled on me... and never will in any scenario. Don't get me wrong, the car is pretty fast in stock form. Like stinkBomb said, I want to set something up at the strip in Fayetteville. You should try and get a group of you guys to meet up there and I will bring a group from www.nceuro.org. I have already talked to them about this and I am starting to think maybe the 6th would be best. I have read many of the posts on here and it seems like most of the Fay. crowd will be in town by then. I work with stinkBomb down here at Camp Lejeune and I know he wants to head up there and see what his car can run. I am from Fayetteville so I know the area pretty well and will keep a lookout for your car in case you would want to run again other than at the drag strip.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:10 PM

whatever you say chief. i know your car is fast i've seen the videos. at least i think it was you. there's a big difference going from a roll rather than going from a dig at the track. i'm not to sure but i think quatrro gives you a little bit of an advantage.
so you're bringing the nceuro guys down that's cool i might be able to talk some of my dub buddies into going. my jetta is still broke so it wont be making a show. if i can even make it.

in other news dezod is the ****! my springs finally got her... well i had to go pick them up from fedex but yeah they're here. i'm putting them on saturday morning after work. also on the ground is my MPS from intense and free trans axle mounts. just so you know i was going to buy the CABs from intense but they only cost $100 from jbp instead of $200 from intense.

um i'm hungry see you guys later.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:36 PM

Hey, just wanted to say hi to all the f-ville people on here. Im driving a 02 silver solara now, but im looking into a ss/sc. Ive seen a few of you guys around, mostly drizunkpenguin in the dorm parking lot. Im guessing thats your dorm with the body kit sitting on the balcony.

Quick Reply: *** FAYETTEVILLE, NC (and surrounding areas) ****