South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Gulf Coast ECOtecs

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No objections. Just try to hang out some if you can. I'll see yall at RNR tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baklarz your more than welcome to work with it. i know it needs work, its just somethin i threw together in about 5 mins. and what all do i need to bring to the show/sale thing? chairs? canopy? beer and hookers??? let me know. text my cell Baklarz.

Last edited by jdmwannabee; 01-31-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:31 PM

david..

screen name= real name-- color of car
rockstar= trey--yellow
saturnrl= aaron--silver
budlightmec= dan--red
JDM= rusty--blizzue (blue)
anthony= sexy.. uhh i mean anthony lol--rizzed (red)
hymer= me, adam-- black

just to clear up some confusion anyone may be having about names lol
Old 01-29-2009, 11:20 PM

ok ill post pics tomorrow. got to give it a good wash first.

and about the decals. i dont know about you guys but some of us...ok well maybe just me haha like to keep the car less flashy and more subtle. thats why i requested just a basic font like arial or times new roman or something. plus when im walking all over someone like they are in reverse the are only going to have a split second to catch what the sticker says on my rear window. i want it to be as easy to read as possible.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:01 AM

I'll get you set up with a special sticker. You'll have a PM here shortly on how to order it.

Dave, if you want a decal(s) then let us know this evening. We're placing our order tomorrow. I've been meaning to print out samples of the decals but I keep forgetting

Last edited by rockSTAR_SS; 01-30-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:34 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by rockSTAR_SS
I'll get you set up with a special sticker. You'll have a PM here shortly on how to order it.

Dave, if you want a decal(s) then let us know this evening. We're placing our order tomorrow. I've been meaning to print out samples of the decals but I keep forgetting
Sounds good I will give anthony the money tonight and you the order. O and thanks for the names it is confussing sometimes lol
Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 AM

See if that'll help you remember
Old 01-30-2009, 01:19 PM

ill be there for a bit and than gotta take off zoe gets off at 7
Old 01-30-2009, 06:53 PM

ok heres my whip!...

Old 01-31-2009, 03:00 AM

it's... beautiful lol.

any plans for it man
Old 01-31-2009, 12:08 PM

no i dont think im gonna touch it. maybe an intake and a BOV def window tints since im in florida. any suggestions on cheap mods that supply decent power?
Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by steviepc7
ok ill post pics tomorrow. got to give it a good wash first.

and about the decals. i dont know about you guys but some of us...ok well maybe just me haha like to keep the car less flashy and more subtle. thats why i requested just a basic font like arial or times new roman or something. plus when im walking all over someone like they are in reverse the are only going to have a split second to catch what the sticker says on my rear window. i want it to be as easy to read as possible.

same here buddy, nice and clean is the way to go.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:39 PM

gulf coast ecotec on the gulf coast!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:10 AM

nice

Nice car man. Well I hope that everyone had as much fun as I did lastnight. Hope to see everyone next time. If everyone is up to it I think that we could meet up on friday the 13th what ever time you all want to. Let me know
Old 02-01-2009, 10:43 AM

Friday the 13th sounds good!

Now, on to business. Since everyone can't seem to get together except on here, this is what we're gonna do. I intended to have a meet this weekend where EVERYONE showed up so we could discuss the situation with RNR.

First of all, thanks to everyone who showed up. We proved that we was serious by showing up and hanging out most of the evening. For those who did not, a saying from my beloved, insane grandfather.
"Excuses are like butt holes. Everybody has one, and they all stink!"

Now, the deal with Rent and Roll is pretty simple. Brian @ RNR is basically looking for a street team to represent the company. He wanted to know how active we are, how active we plan on being, and how we thought we could help him bring more business to the company. Aaron, David, and I first sat down and talked with him for a few minutes. He gave us an EXAMPLE of a team that they have. As you all heard, this team is from Tampa, FL. They go out EVERYDAY and represent RNR. Brian's words was "Basically they are employees that don't come in to work everyday." RNR pays them $1000 a month to buy the things they need to help spread the word about the company and tell sell wheels and tires to people who want them.

Of course, we aren't going to be able to go out everyday strictly for this. However, the weekends are when we're going to do this.

What I need from everyone else is ideas. What are some things that we can do to represent RNR? I'll start a list with weekly meetings. I INSIST that everyone add something to this list. Get creative. On our side of the deal, what are some things that RNR should do for us for representing them? Again, I want everyones ideas here. This is quite serious. If you don't want to be a part of it then by all means please let me know. You'll still be part of GCE, you just want be part of the RNR Street Team.

Ideas:
Weekly meetings

Things we need:
Sales Information

As of right now, I think this is strictly for the people that can make the weekly meets. For our members out of state, I'll talk with Brian and see what I can come up with.

Let's get this list going. The more that we can get put on it and commit to doing the more options we have with RNR. If you feel the need to add to this then by all means do so. The floor is open for discussion.

Last edited by rockSTAR_SS; 02-01-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:32 PM

I might add hes offering some kick ass discounts on wheels and such.

trey this is what i was talking about.
He also has progress springs.

Last edited by SaturnRL; 02-01-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-01-2009, 05:19 PM

well i had the simple idea of put on a car show to benefit a local charity like SPCA or something such as that....talk to local places about donating prizes, maybe talk to a radio station about showing up there i mean its simple and would be easy to set up just take some time and effort....as for place to have it at we could look maybe even like rice pavalion or something to talk to the mall about the parking lot something like that
Old 02-02-2009, 02:18 AM

Sounds good. Charity car shows. We could also team up with, say, an audio shop like Advanced Audio, Empress Audio, and Sound Solutions and have sound competions, glow competitions, and just an all around judged car show hosted by Rent and Rolls street team. Us!

Nopi Nationals, Scrapin' the Coast, and GM Tuner Bash is coming up pretty soon. We could represent RNR in these shows by participating in the shows and entering a car or two.

I was thinking we could host 4 different events a year by breaking it down in yearly quarters. We can do ONE major event every THREE months.

And aaron..... That set up looks SUPER tight on that redline. Very very clean.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 PM

another idea i had for scrapin depending on his thoughts about it to make us look better and him look better "lend" us some rims for the days of scrapin if we enter givin the fact that we me ertian requirements he might have such as flyer, tshirts yada yada....and of course give the fact that we pay if there damaged or anything
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 AM

^^^ That would be a good posibility after we show that we are interested.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:09 AM

Car Shows

Since you guys brought up the car show thing. Brian is hosting a car show against the seabees then the air force and then both against each other so this could be a really big thing hope that it all goes well.

I will talk to brian about the rim thing for you guys I will let you all know what he says. I don't think it will be to big of a favor to ask. you'll have to go in a pick I am sure but we will look in to it.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:09 AM

I'd much rather buy my rims. I LOVE those Jade-R wheels. I don't think I could go without them.

Rusty called me yesterday and made a few good points. I wish he would get on and explain those points that he made.

Oh. Another event that was brought to my attention. Feb 22nd is the pass parade. The scion club wants us to meet with them and hang out that day. They wanna BBQ and what not. If ya'll are interested then let me know. We need to get a grocery list together.

Last edited by rockSTAR_SS; 02-03-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-03-2009, 05:27 PM

i'm not saying RENT the rims....I'm saying that most of us won't have rims by the time that scraping the coast comes so to basically so that WE ARE sponsored by RnR and all that we should put rims on our cars for those couple of days that RnR has to offer to show off a bit of what he has to offer and draw attention to our vehicles at the same time
Old 02-03-2009, 05:44 PM

Brian wanted us to talk to him sometime this week. David, would you be able to let him know that this weekend is a better time for us to talk? Say, Saturday?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:08 PM

trey i forgot all of the points i brought up. i was almost asleep when i called you. lol. and driving. so not a good combo.

Quick Reply: Gulf Coast ECOtecs