South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

So...Who's in Jacksonville?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stevehayes01
Went out last night to Sonic and met a guy out there with a Silver 4 door Cavalier (completly stock looking) with a Z24 swap in it that was making some really good power. I think he said it was in the area of like 290WHP all motor... any of you guys know the car. He was hanging out with a Silver '04 GT Mustang with a nice 100Shot Nitrous setup on it.
Well a Z24 motor is a 2.4. He is not getting that kind of power on a 2.4.

From what he was talking it had a stroked 3800 crank
That is a V6 crank/motor. Now if he is running a V6 swap he could do that. I have never heard of him (that does not really mean anything either). I have not found 1 J in jacksonville that can run with my car N/A. Might have to come out to check this guy out.

hmm...where in georgia is it? and if some of your friends like autox you should come out to reynolds industrial park sometime. they have autox runs there every so often that me and my friends attend
It is considered Valdosta Ga.
Where is reynolds??? I just heard of this yesterday, but have no idea where it is.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So are we all up for the track this Wednesday?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 PM

JMHZ2401 ----- Not that it means anything but he is Cuban and hangs out with mainly cubans there. To look at the Cavvy it looked like a Silver 4 door rental car with tinted windows.

His buddy had a pretty nice setup on his mustang too... although I dont he was telling the full story of his mods when we talked.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:32 PM

Kinda random, but apparently the JBP header will not fit on out cars. Thats a real disappointment to me because i was gonna go with the whole exhaust setup, expensive, but the gains were supposed to be like 30 hp. I guess im just gonna stay with GM exhaust, gain about 15 or so.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:06 PM

ill be out tomorrow.. after i clean my dirty ass car and fix my e-brake :/
Old 05-25-2007, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JMHZ2401
Well a Z24 motor is a 2.4. He is not getting that kind of power on a 2.4.

That is a V6 crank/motor. Now if he is running a V6 swap he could do that. I have never heard of him (that does not really mean anything either). I have not found 1 J in jacksonville that can run with my car N/A. Might have to come out to check this guy out.

It is considered Valdosta Ga.
Where is reynolds??? I just heard of this yesterday, but have no idea where it is.
I have not heard of one person runnin the 3800 in jax and that takes some work and know how and the only person who I would think could have this know how would be you. But hey you never know.

Oh and reynolds is in Green Cove Springs
Old 05-27-2007, 09:01 PM

Officially: Last night was rather gay. Police helicopter = lame.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dustin
Officially: Last night was rather gay. Police helicopter = lame.
Yea I hear ya man, def sucked the big one
Old 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

yep man I saw some STI and I dunno what other car it was get pulled over for street racing....there was state troopers all over them. So I have decided for myself that street racing is gonna be on hold for along time for me. I have had too many scares and cops are getting pretty serious about it around here so Im gonna stop for awhile which means my show mods are gonna be purchased before my perf mods.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by JRelly
yep man I saw some STI and I dunno what other car it was get pulled over for street racing....there was state troopers all over them. So I have decided for myself that street racing is gonna be on hold for along time for me. I have had too many scares and cops are getting pretty serious about it around here so Im gonna stop for awhile which means my show mods are gonna be purchased before my perf mods.
Yeah. Same. I was gonna go ahead and put a supercharger on the beast, but now I'll just go for some springs.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:34 PM

Yeah. Same. I was gonna go ahead and put a supercharger on the beast, but now I'll just go for some springs.
yep springs are next for me and then wheels and of course painted headlights and tinted tails...Im just gonna start entering shows b/c my car is pretty fast already and I cant afford to go any faster haha b/c ill get in trouble. I see josh's car and how fast it is and I see myself getting in a whole lot of trouble if I were as quick. So as soon as my visual mods come in ill be hitting the show scene
Old 05-27-2007, 09:34 PM

daytona beach here
Old 05-27-2007, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by xxboarderxx
daytona beach here
headin to the track in gainsville if u wanna go were are goin wednsday for test and tune. let me know
Old 05-27-2007, 09:39 PM

yep springs are next for me and then wheels and of course painted headlights and tinted tails...Im just gonna start entering shows b/c my car is pretty fast already and I cant afford to go any faster haha b/c ill get in trouble. I see josh's car and how fast it is and I see myself getting in a whole lot of trouble if I were as quick. So as soon as my visual mods come in ill be hitting the show scene
Josh's is scary quick. We were messing around with Josh (FreezeGTO, red 6.0L GTO) on I-10 and we got going real fast real quick. I didn't even realize how fast until he said something. I was like :O

Originally Posted by xxboarderxx
daytona beach here
God dammit why didn't you show up when I still lived there? lol.

Last edited by Dustin; 05-27-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-27-2007, 09:45 PM

Josh's is scary quick. We were messing around with Josh (FreezeGTO, red 6.0L GTO) on I-10 and we got going real fast real quick. I didn't even realize how fast until he said something. I was like :O

Yea I even dont realize that I hit 100 sometimes b/c the car is so quick and so smooth....I can only imagine what would happen if I were as quick as him.

Oh and hey Dustin do you do any photoshopping?

Last edited by JRelly; 05-27-2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-27-2007, 10:10 PM

Hey now kiddies I dont drive a rocket ship!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rangerondubz
Hey now kiddies I dont drive a rocket ship!
haha I know but im already a bit of a lead foot with my car and if I had yours which is clearly faster it would be bye bye insurance for me b/c one more ticket and im done.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:11 PM

Yea I even dont realize that I hit 100 sometimes b/c the car is so quick and so smooth....I can only imagine what would happen if I were as quick as him.

Oh and hey Dustin do you do any photoshopping?
Yeah. I dabble.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:23 PM

Yeah. I dabble.
wanna dabble up something for me

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums//showthread.php?t=60691
Old 05-28-2007, 01:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just so you guys know. The cops have been really serious about street racing for about 10 years (dang I have been doing this way too long). This is 1 reason I really do not go out on Saturday nights (and when I do I go and cruise and hangout). The guys who are serious about street racing usually do not street race on Saturday nights, and if they do it is in a safe spot.

I can remember way back when we use to just go cruise to race. Drive and when you came up on a car you raced. Because of cops and even just safety of all that is not the best way to do it. If you really want to race (of course the track is the best and safest way), but set it up with people you know. Talk with the person go somewhere out of the way and some what safe with very few people. Even on a off night. For the most part this is how I have done it for many years now. I have went out on a week night just for 1 race with someone and then gone home.

This does not mean you can;t go to Sonic and hangout, just don;t go expecting to race is the best way. Also ALWAYS go by your gut feeling. If you every have a feeling you should not race please don't.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by JMHZ2401
Just so you guys know. The cops have been really serious about street racing for about 10 years (dang I have been doing this way too long). This is 1 reason I really do not go out on Saturday nights (and when I do I go and cruise and hangout). The guys who are serious about street racing usually do not street race on Saturday nights, and if they do it is in a safe spot.

I can remember way back when we use to just go cruise to race. Drive and when you came up on a car you raced. Because of cops and even just safety of all that is not the best way to do it. If you really want to race (of course the track is the best and safest way), but set it up with people you know. Talk with the person go somewhere out of the way and some what safe with very few people. Even on a off night. For the most part this is how I have done it for many years now. I have went out on a week night just for 1 race with someone and then gone home.

This does not mean you can;t go to Sonic and hangout, just don;t go expecting to race is the best way. Also ALWAYS go by your gut feeling. If you every have a feeling you should not race please don't.
Agreed
Old 05-28-2007, 10:56 AM

i live in jax i have a 06 cobaltss/sc
Old 05-28-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by stage3srt
i live in jax i have a 06 cobaltss/sc
sweet another jacksonvile member, man we are starting to get big in jax haha....you ever come to the sonic meets?
Old 05-28-2007, 09:43 PM

Next time I reboot into XP I'll do it... Without it looking hideous (as the one guy made it look)
I don't have photoshop on this Ubuntu setup, though
Old 05-28-2007, 10:33 PM

Next time I reboot into XP I'll do it... Without it looking hideous (as the one guy made it look)
I don't have photoshop on this Ubuntu setup, though
yea I guess he didnt spend to much time on that hahaha...sounds good whenever u can

Quick Reply: So...Who's in Jacksonville?