South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, and CO

Good dealerships for service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good dealerships for service?

Didn't see any threads like this, so here's the first. (to my knowledge)

The people at Bill Heard were nice when I bought my car, and the service people are ok for the most part, but their department still sucks. I'm looking for anyone who's had good experiences with service departments around the Valley in general. People who know what you're talking about when you're trying to explain a problem instead of writing some chicken scratches on a piece of paper and forwarding it along. I have nothing major now, but there are some rattles that have appeared in the past week or so that I want to get fixed. I may be being a little **** about it, but I don't want my 2-month old car to sound like my 8-year old car.

Ideally something with good Saturday service, too...
Old 06-17-2006, 03:59 PM

I'm not really sure anymore. I used to trust Brown & Brown in Mesa with everything, but it seems that they have a new service manager that tries to blame the customer for everything.

My Dad toke in our 2003 Jeff Gordon Edition Monte Carlo SS for the sidewalls spliting on the tires and the first reaction was "they were hitting curbs". Nevermind that Goodyear disontinued that tire for for that specific reason.

And a few weeks ago he told them that I was "running the brakes too hot" and that they shouldn't turn them under warranty. Both time my Dad was standing there (he didn't know my Dad was within earshot) when the guy jumped to the conclusion. He didn't even look it up, he just spit it out of his mouth the second that the service guy told him the problem.

Other than that, they are great. They have a mechanic there that also has a SS S/C that is modified and is very knowledgeable of the car.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:17 PM

Thorobred! They did the cel-be-gone reflash with out even asking. They just did it.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:18 PM

I thought they also threatened to void your warranty because of your CAI?
Old 06-17-2006, 04:27 PM

no they said they can't do any wrench work with the intake, everything else was fine.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
Didn't see any threads like this, so here's the first. (to my knowledge)

The people at Bill Heard were nice when I bought my car, and the service people are ok for the most part, but their department still sucks. I'm looking for anyone who's had good experiences with service departments around the Valley in general. People who know what you're talking about when you're trying to explain a problem instead of writing some chicken scratches on a piece of paper and forwarding it along. I have nothing major now, but there are some rattles that have appeared in the past week or so that I want to get fixed. I may be being a little **** about it, but I don't want my 2-month old car to sound like my 8-year old car.

Ideally something with good Saturday service, too...
As far as service at bill heard goes talk to JT, jeff. I always go to him for service and in fact will likely take this next friday off to get a few checkups done and get some squeekies fixed as well as my damn shifter top hehe. The aftermarket guy Mark bridges is pretty cool and knows a good amount of stuff but is insanely busy with people wanting to drop their tahoes or lift their avalanches install tv's and all sorts of other stuff. His assistant is ok but he talks to people like they don't know ****.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
As far as service at bill heard goes talk to JT, jeff. I always go to him for service and in fact will likely take this next friday off to get a few checkups done and get some squeekies fixed as well as my damn shifter top hehe. The aftermarket guy Mark bridges is pretty cool and knows a good amount of stuff but is insanely busy with people wanting to drop their tahoes or lift their avalanches install tv's and all sorts of other stuff. His assistant is ok but he talks to people like they don't know ****.
Oh yes, I've met him and his assistant. His assistant wanted to sell my mom a ton of aftermarket crap for her base model LS...he was pretty annoying. I've talked to Mike a couple times about stage 2 - trying to get a feel on the waiting times they're having and what not.

So do you have Jeff's number by any chance? I've got a couple of the service advisor business cards, but not his. I'd prefer to keep my business there, but I need someone who knows something about these cars!
Old 06-17-2006, 09:57 PM

no I don't know his office number cus I always use the directory.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:00 PM

no I don't know his office number cus I always use the directory.
You don't have a business card? They shower me with those things like confettii every time I'm there.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:16 PM

i do not recommend midway
Old 06-18-2006, 12:12 AM

Good to know...I did stop at Chapman today, and they were very friendly and up-front with me in saying that there was no way they'd be able to see me today. lol

They did say their best trim guy will be in next week though, so I'll probably be there at 7 sharp, if not earlier.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:05 AM

You guys need to go to Van

they do good work, and i work there.

we have a yellow ss in w/ projectors w/ a broken axel.

they do good work @ van.

Talk to Jackie and only Jackie
Old 06-18-2006, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Snowman
You guys need to go to Van

they do good work, and i work there.

we have a yellow ss in w/ projectors w/ a broken axel.

they do good work @ van.

Talk to Jackie and only Jackie
That's sounds like Psykostevo's car. The clutch is probably fried too.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:21 PM

Van also goodwills alot of stuff so i hear....

goodwill = work for free
Old 06-19-2006, 06:46 PM

Sands chevy is pretty good.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:54 PM

OMG so I get a call this morning (like 2 minutes ago) from JT at Bill Heard where my car got the stage 2 installed and guess what. They didn't even attempt to try to resell the old parts and he said he has them all in his office. I was not even expecting that and even less for him to call me back about them. The plus part is the fact that he has the stage 2 bit that was used so GM spec 2.8 here I come.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:57 PM

OMG so I get a call this morning (like 2 minutes ago) from JT at Bill Heard where my car got the stage 2 installed and guess what. They didn't even attempt to try to resell the old parts and he said he has them all in his office. I was not even expecting that and even less for him to call me back about them. The plus part is the fact that he has the stage 2 bit that was used so GM spec 2.8 here I come.
So Bill Heard did your stage 2 also? That's good to know they've done the upgrade at least once before, since I'll probably be going through them to get it myself.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:59 PM

They did a good job but it did take 2 hours for them to complete so it may take less for you since they have one under their belt already completed. I am going Friday to take my car in to get serviced and pickup my old parts and the pulley bit.