South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, and CO

Rocky Mountain Ecotec

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rocky Mountain Ecotec

so I'm posting this conversation so that everyone who is a current member or who is considering becoming a member of Rocky Mountain Ecotec will think twice about what that really means. Below is a conversation held between a member of ADMIN (mgm1979) and I(miss SS), an ex member.

You have just been sent a personal message by mgm1979 on Rocky Mountain Ecotec.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Quote from: Miss SS on Today at 06:52:46 AM

So it seems there was a problem with the "stage 2" tune you put on my car. The problem according to my mechanic is that you really didn't put one on. Further more, the lack of tune and my car being stage 2 is what caused my engine failure. This is all coming from the mechanic who is helping to rebuild my engine right now. The lack of proper tuning on your part cost me thousands of dollars so I think the least you can do in order to prevent this matter from having to go any further is to refund me the $100 I spent for you to "tune" by car. I understand that you are going to be defensive and I realize that you are not responsible for damages caused by me modifying my car. The problem is that you took money from me and said you were tuning my car so that it was safe to drive and that is not what you did. I am trying to handle this is the most mature manner I possibly can. Obviously this is going to cause an issue between us and I'm sure you are going to make me leave RME, but before you do all that you should know that I have all of the parts off my old engine, I have pictures, I have many people who are willing to testify, and I am willing to take this up a level should you not agree to settle this matter now. If you would rather you can call/text me at 719 337 8269 to discuss this matter further. Hopefully we can settle this like adults and continue to enjoy RME.

not sure if you didn't get my message or if you're just ignoring it, but here it is again if you didn't get it. I need to know what you would like to do to resolve this issue soon as I am meeting with a lawyer to discuss this subject today.

On the contrary, Shannon...I have no reason to ignore it. I was, however, attempting to let your "friend" Matt talk some sense into before you did something even more insane than accuse me of having something to do with your car issues - obviously, you've chosen to ignore HIS logic, and pursue a course of action that cannot, and will not, end well for you.

Let me start by informing you that everyone who's ever driven with, or around you, knows you drive your car into the ground. Second, ANY mechanic who's worth his weight in grease will know (if you inform them - that's the catch) that shoving a car into 2nd gear on the highway is MORE than likely the beginning of the end for your poor little car's motor (and your public admittance to this is really all I, or any judge would need, to disprove your accusations)...continuing to drive it, as many would assume you have/did, would only compounded the problem until it can't take it anymore - which is where you're at now. Third, the tune that was "flashed" to your car was the GM Stage 2 tune, and I have all kinds of logs and files I can/will provide as "evidence" to prove, without a doubt, that your car WAS mechanically sound before YOU got behind the wheel of it.
Furthermore, there are no less than a dozen cars driving around the country with the SAME exact tune you had/have (from me - nevermind all of the cars flashed from GM dealers directly), with absolutely ZERO issues, whatsoever, which only supports the case for your lacking knowledge of performance vehicles and/or how to drive, period.
As far as the money is concerned, you're **** out of luck, honey...the $100 you gave me was MY cost to register your VIN (specific to EVERY vehicle) with the HPT software so that I could flash the tune to your car in the first place - read: I made ZERO off of you, and did what I did for you and everyone else in the community as an alternative to paying GM to do it - which saved you hundreds of dollars, at the time. Which brings me to my next point - EVERYONE I've ever "flashed" was WELL aware of what they were having done to their car, and that I was *IN NO WAY* responsible for any mechanical issues that may/may not result from the tune - as this particular tune was stock from GM, I'm confident that your issues have absolutely NOTHING to do with it, though.
Let it also be known, that I have many a GM technicians and shop foremen friends, who know WAY more about cars than even I do - nevermind yourself - and that each and every one of them will step up to defend me and my actions...as well as people in the RME community who will testify to your character, as well as mine.

You see - you have absolutely no case...and if you do, by chance, find an attorney who's dumb enough to take this on (and only someone who know's zero about cars, engines, and performance tuning would), then I will gladly state my case and let the legal system play out. As a friend, and highly respected member of the LSJ and RME community, I will tell you though, that you WILL face a counter-suit, and you will lose BOTH...my advice to you, if you are insistent on taking such action is to simply hand me the money you would pay your attorney and save yourself some money.

Through it all, I'm not going to ban you from RME for your baseless and otherwise insane accusations (read: poor excuse for blackmail/extortion)...you will not, however, be welcome at any event/gathering I may host in the future. However, when this issue has played out (whether legally or behind the scenes), the RME community WILL be made fully aware of your accusations in an effort to "clear the air" of any rumors that may/may not start and defend my reputation. IF the community decides you are no longer welcome, then that will be a decision of the community that I (or whoever's in power at that time) will have to uphold.

Good luck to you in whatever path you choose...I'm truly sorry you felt the need to reduce all of this to what you have, rather than accept responsibility for your actions/habits, but I understand your ignorant and naive point of view, and the reaction it has spawned.

Matt
Old 02-21-2010, 11:14 AM

They suck dude i became a member and they threaten to ban everyone for anything sucks about your car
Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 AM

sorry bro about your thoughts on RME. There are certain rules we have to keep us one of the Safest car clubs in CO/UT. and we take the nessicary steps to make certain we are. If you were an Actual member on RME you would of had a talk about Rules/regulations from a Traid or Admin. People only get banned if they are contiuesly breaking the rules. Wehn on our forums (if you still are) just dont speak about law breaking activities. If you street race etc, just dont come on speaking about it because thats against our rules and you will be banned because we have a SAFE name to keep. I can honestly say I myself may step away from the rules every once in a while, including most of the members, but we just dont go talking about the times we do. RME is the only ecotec club in co. It would be awesome if there were another one, but unfortunatly theres not as many balts/redlines here in CO. So to be part of the only ecotec club here in CO is pretty cool.

MissSS/Shannon the girl that posted above is one of my close friends. And she had a problem and that problem is no longer.

Sorry you had a bad expeiernce with RME, we would love to have good honest, and law abiding members and would surely welcome you back as long as rules were followed.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:27 AM

so long story short. you threw a stage kit on your car, and then got tuned. after that it just blew up or what? im a member of RME in utah.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:33 AM

I was a member of RME now I need to become a member again even though i never really left...oh well that is a different topic. Ever since the beginning of RME we have been a club that is focused on obeying the law and being respected by doing so, as well as discouraging "ricer like modifications"...I am sorry that you had a bad experience.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:33 AM

I installed the kit on here car, And admin flashed a stock stg2 tune on here car. She droped it into 2nd on the interstate and then 6 months later her car went boom. The thread is listed on our site scotch, check it out for all details.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:31 PM

that really dosent make sense... she slammed it into 2nd then 6 months later it blew.....how would that interfear with her car 6 months later?