Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   South Pacific (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/south-pacific-57/)
-   -   The Next BIG Socal meet (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/south-pacific-57/next-big-socal-meet-59919/)

NinjaHampster 05-21-2007 08:44 PM

The Next BIG Socal meet

so far we have july 1st (becasue june 30th was a saturday). now all we need is a good meeting place and routes to cruise and all that other good junk:twothumbs

THE OFFICAIL FLYER hand out:Click here for flyer brought to you by Imlikedrpepper :twothumbs
http://www.abanico-es.com/graficos/s...st-200x333.jpg
The Next BIG SoCal Meet Information

When:
July 1st 2007 1:00pm

Where:
Yorba Regional Park
7600 E. La Palma
Anaheim, CA 92807

Cruise:
Location – Unknown
We are going to have a slower cruise this time, lol, The location is TBD.
Time – TBD; We will all agree to a time after bbq and anything else going on is finished, let get everyone at once this time.

BBQ Information:
Please See PM or Post to ImLikeDrPepper of what you will agree to bring, he will be coordinating the food and BBQ.

if you are for sure going to the Next SoCal Meet. I will be creating name tags with our css.net and our real names. For those of you that have, dont bother. Also, for the BBQ, I was thinking about burgers and hot dogs(cheap and easy) I am gathering a list together of what we need for the bbq, please let me know what you plan to bring (sorry but I might ask you to change if too many people bring the same thing, we dont want 20 bags of chips again). I have 2 good friends of mine that will be grilling, all other help is appreciated.

Food and Member List Update!
Current Member List
1. Jusday
2. Iceman
3. Jimbos'ss
4. Hot Rod Cop
5. NinjaHamster
6. SpoiledAlice
7. C3MetalThingies
8. mastoer
9. ImLikeDrpepper
10. KapnKirk
11. mike_06_SS
12. CASol
13. socalsilverRL
14. timothyfwright
15. SpiveyWhiplash
16. HunterXero
17. SSmokin
18.chevrule88
19.juststickit124
20.LSJfan
21.Eric304
22.ILMODC
23. cblt12 <- ABOUT TIME!!!!:lol:
24. njlopez3
25. CleanNFun
26. Carlos

Current Food List
1. Burgers - Hot Rod Cop
2. Hot Dogs – KapnKirk
3. Buns (for burgers and hot dogs)-SpiveyWhiplash, Hot Rod Cop
4. Condiments
A.Ketchup – SpiveyWhiplash, NinjaHampster
B.Mustard – NinjaHampster
C.Mayo - NinjaHampster
D.Cheese – ICEMAN187
E.Lettuce - ImLikeDrPepper
F.Onions – ImLikeDrPepper
G.Pickles - ImLikeDrPepper
H.Tomatoes - ImLikeDrPepper
5. Sodas – Avrj123, ImLikeDrPepper, timothyfwright, Jimbos'ss
6. Chips & Dip - ICEMAN187, Jimbos'ss
7. Any sweet goodies – SpoiledAlice(Either Cookies or Brownies)
8. Other sides(salad/potate salad...etc you tell me) - C3MetalThingies (potatoe salad)
9. Plates/Forks/Napkins - Hot Rod Cop (Left Over from Last Meet)
10. Charcoal/Lighter Fluid – Hot Rod Cop (Left Over from Last Meet)
11. Bigger Grill haha - I’ll probably find one
12. appetiser plater - Jusday

Thanks guys and let me know ASAP.

cblt12 05-21-2007 08:48 PM

here we go again!

mastoer 05-21-2007 08:53 PM

i think for a cruise we need to figure out an ending point .......somewhere cool that way if we do get seperated everyone knows where to go ....and for the few that like to rally to places....they can clear the road for cops ....lol

p.s :someone has to sacrfice.....lol..j/p

ICEMAN187 05-21-2007 08:56 PM

Im down for whatever, just tell me a place and a time and I will be there. We definitely need to meet somewhere with a bigger parking lot. No more double parking come on guys :nono: LoL

Jusday 05-21-2007 09:07 PM

I am down for the 30th. I do agree with the other guys on just "cruising" also. It was fun at high speed but I can imagine it sucked for the people in the back. And the route has to be planned and waypoints set up so that if we do get lost at a light we can meet up again (I got caught at one and did almost 100 in the canyon to catch up to the first group). But I still had a blast and looking forward to the next one guys!!!!:cool:

Oh and if I find any places or routes I will post.

cblt12 05-21-2007 09:08 PM

i dont think jimbo thought it was going to be that crowded or expect that many cars. its ok it was only our second meet, we learn as we go, lol. the next time we need a lot for at least 100 cars:lol:

NinjaHampster 05-21-2007 09:17 PM

we should do a LONG cruise this time, that 18 mile one we did felt like a 5 mile one. i do like the good point about a general meeting spot if we get seperated because all those lights sucked for our BIG ASS TRAINE of cobalts. i guess we can keep the old meets time at 1 pm.

nitrous818 05-21-2007 09:23 PM

is it only cobalts? can i bring my g5 gt? its pretty the same thing as a cobalt hahah

cblt12 05-21-2007 09:26 PM

ya we should cruise for a good 45 mins at least. we also have to remember that there will probably be even more cars cruising next time so we really need so wide roads!

Originally Posted by nitrous818 (Post 1066754)
is it only cobalts? can i bring my g5 gt? its pretty the same thing as a cobalt hahah

hell ya come! there were redlines, a couple evos, srts, and a cobra.

ICEMAN187 05-21-2007 09:29 PM

Yea it was fun driving fast and all but next time it would be better especially if we have more cars to just cruise and get some good footage. My cars poor engine was tired by the end of the cruise :cry:

KapnKirk 05-21-2007 09:30 PM

UH OH!!!! Round 2 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the thinderdome bitch!

nitrous818 05-21-2007 09:31 PM

what other cars was their?

ICEMAN187 05-21-2007 09:36 PM

Dammit man im only coming to this meet if there is going to be ketchup and mustard LoL

HunterXero 05-21-2007 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by NinjaHampster (Post 1066732)
we should do a LONG cruise this time, that 18 mile one we did felt like a 5 mile one. i do like the good point about a general meeting spot if we get seperated because all those lights sucked for our BIG ASS TRAINE of cobalts. i guess we can keep the old meets time at 1 pm.

hahaha! you must have missed the second half! we added another 20 minutes easy! and this one was at a slow pace (through a canyon w/ 35mph speed limit) than alll the way down to ortega, it was a beautiful drive and the light interference was minimum along the way.

Also I think we should set up a pecific time for bbq and bbq cleanup! i mean teh cruise was supposed to be at 3pm but we didn't end up leaving till around 4:30 because there was still stuff on the table (doc was tuning but thats ok ^_^). Also, maybe some one should invest in a loudspeaker or something? so that when it is time for specific things (cleanup, photo's, cruise time, bbq, etc) so that every one knows when its time to do their thing! (whatever that is lol.) iunno just some thoughts, and ya I think a specific route would be good, and every one should get maps so we can highlight the route on each persons map, so that we really wouldn't need checkpoints.

One last thing, I dunno if any of you noticed, but I had made a little signature like printout for my car so that every one knew whos it was, and what my css.net tag was, and in addition to maybe name tags or something? I will post a picture of the printout shortly.

Edit: Heres the picture. 7:20 pm PST
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../Cobaltsig.jpg

Any one like the ideas? or are they just a bomb? any way, the meet was awsome and every one there was excelent. :cssNET: it's a shame it ended so fast! :bye: oh well! see every one next time!:lol:

-HunterXero

NinjaHampster 05-21-2007 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by ICEMAN187 (Post 1066794)
Dammit man im only coming to this meet if there is going to be ketchup and mustard LoL

do you think your funny?:cussing: :lol: what do you guys think about a GM Only meet. i mean it was cool having the Srt's, evo, cobra and whatelse came but i felt as if it was taking away from OUR meet. i heard some comments from other members on sunday when all these other types of cars came. but it was cool having them there at the meet and the cruise was all us

ICEMAN187 05-21-2007 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by NinjaHampster (Post 1066876)
do you think your funny?:cussing: :lol: what do you guys think about a GM Only meet. i mean it was cool having the Srt's, evo, cobra and whatelse came but i felt as if it was taking away from OUR meet. i heard some comments from other members on sunday when all these other types of cars came. but it was cool having them there at the meet and the cruise was all us

HaHa im just palyin. Yea a gm only meet would be great.

HunterXero 05-21-2007 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by ICEMAN187 (Post 1066907)
HaHa im just palyin. Yea a gm only meet would be great.

or maybe if others came they could park elsewhere? iunno so that way we don't alienate the guys who came and had fun with us yesterday? just a thought.

KapnKirk 05-21-2007 11:03 PM

GM only meet sounds good... We should hunt down more resident Balt owners... ICEMAN and I spotted a couple SS/SCs in our area that we know didnt come.. Now if I see them I'm gonna flag them down and let them know about the site and meets... I dont know about you guys but I wanna blow every other meet out the water!!!!! 100+ Cobalts???? We should find a place with a HUGE ass parking lot to hold everyone... and we need to block other cars from coming too....

Jusday 05-21-2007 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by KapnKirk (Post 1066993)
GM only meet sounds good... We should hunt down more resident Balt owners... ICEMAN and I spotted a couple SS/SCs in our area that we know didnt come.. Now if I see them I'm gonna flag them down and let them know about the site and meets... I dont know about you guys but I wanna blow every other meet out the water!!!!! 100+ Cobalts???? We should find a place with a HUGE ass parking lot to hold everyone... and we need to block other cars from coming too....

Yeah I am down for a GM only meet... unless other peple who come are chill and then its w/e. I will def be stopping other balts now too and tell them about ss.net.

ok an idea for parking...either a sports arena parking lot or college parking lot. that would allow for parking/ bbq / cones and driving course maybe... how does that sound? it would prolly take a bit of coordinating but well worth it i think:thumb:

SpoiledAlice 05-22-2007 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by ICEMAN187 (Post 1066794)

Don't worry, I'll make sure the ketchup and mustard gets brought next time (as long as the meet ends up being on June 30th) because I'll be with Ninjahampster in Cali on that weekend. :cool: And I'll pitch in and bring some other stuff too...Unfortunately, I'll have to leave my balt back in Texas while I'm out visiting.

I vote for the next meet on June 30th.

jimbos'ss 05-22-2007 12:35 AM

is june 30th a saturday, if so i may not make it, but we'll see.......or i'll show up late, whichever. i 'm not there for the food anyway.....:twothumbs

Originally Posted by SpoiledAlice (Post 1067226)
Don't worry, I'll make sure the ketchup and mustard gets brought next time (as long as the meet ends up being on June 30th) because I'll be with Ninjahampster in Cali on that weekend. :cool: And I'll pitch in and bring some other stuff too...Unfortunately, I'll have to leave my balt back in Texas while I'm out visiting.

I vote for the next meet on June 30th.

why not drive it here, i've made the trip cross country with mine 4 times?

NinjaHampster 05-22-2007 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by jimbos'ss (Post 1067242)
is june 30th a saturday, if so i may not make it, but we'll see.......or i'll show up late, whichever. i 'm not there for the food anyway.....:twothumbs

why not drive it here, i've made the trip cross country with mine 4 times?

sorry got the dates mixed up, new date july 1st:twothumbs

SpiveyWhiplash 05-22-2007 04:40 AM

im down for either june 30th or july 1st, that church parking lot was huge but it'd be only good on saturday. ive already started flaggin down other balts in my area for the next meet.

G85Cobalt 05-22-2007 05:08 AM

lancaster u guys aren't that far..i'm in the sfv... woodland hills.

ICEMAN187 05-22-2007 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by G85Cobalt (Post 1067451)
lancaster u guys aren't that far..i'm in the sfv... woodland hills.

Yea man we need more balts for this next meet, so come join us!