South Pacific CA, NV, and HI

The Next BIG Socal meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ICEMAN187
I already have them so they look good LoL
guess you could park next to him at the meet and see.

but yeah ninja i looked at the list...i will be bringing an appetiser plater i just didnt see that on there

Originally Posted by NinjaHampster
lol thats where i got the idea but i was talking about the actual chevy orange to jusday not a lazer blue but on like vic red or even the black. the touch up paint i picked it up today and started to fill it in but i diddnt know i needed clear coat also
oh gotcha i imagine it would look good on those. well good luck filling in that scratch, and if you are gonna clear it you can get that stuff anywhere, i got the stuff i used at autozone

Last edited by Jusday; 06-13-2007 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2007, 02:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it spray on or brush on? or maybe they have both
Old 06-13-2007, 02:03 AM
Doc

be sure to use paint that is going to be able to withstand the heat....regular paint will peel and flake off the calipers....it looks nasty too.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:07 AM

is it spray on or brush on? or maybe they have both
i have only seen and used spray on but they may have a pen or brush on clear just call a paint store on that one. but as far as i know i do not think you could spray clear on top of the dry factory clear. i may be wrong but yeah
Old 06-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Doc

They have spray on and brush on paint and clear...I have a few spray cans in my garage. I don't think I have hi-temp yellow though.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Doc
They have spray on and brush on paint and clear...I have a few spray cans in my garage. I don't think I have hi-temp yellow though.
i have seen a duplicolor yellow caliper kit at autozone and all the other parts stores before for like $15
Old 06-13-2007, 02:21 AM

lol thats where i got the idea but i was talking about the actual chevy orange to jusday not a lazer blue but on like vic red or even the black. the touch up paint i picked it up today and started to fill it in but i diddnt know i needed clear coat also
What color are you wanting to paint yours? I'm thinking I want to get mine painted...maybe Victory Red or Rally Yellow. What do you guys think of either of those colors on my black balt? (I'm leaning more towards the yellow, just cause I think it'll make it pop)
Old 06-13-2007, 02:21 AM
Doc

I'll double check sometime this week...hopefully I get my car back soon. Waiting on an exhaust to arrive.

Originally Posted by SpoiledAlice
What color are you wanting to paint yours? I'm thinking I want to get mine painted...maybe Victory Red or Rally Yellow. What do you guys think of either of those colors on my black balt? (I'm leaning more towards the yellow, just cause I think it'll make it pop)
I've seen red on black...never yellow though.

Last edited by Doc; 06-13-2007 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2007, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by SpoiledAlice
i would plan on doing a color to match your interrior. like if you have the red inserts then have red calipers. i am keeping the blue theme with my entire car

ok i would like to see what everyone would think of this idea... since we seem be growing in numbers every day. for reference to the meets on the forum site and everyone in the area maybe we can make ourselves a "club." i think it would be cool to do this so we can have an official title to go by if we ever go to a show, or just to attract the attention of fellow balts, ect. we could figure out a decal/ sticker shop that would make windsheild decals for us. i would be willing to try and organize this also. my idea for a name is simply "So-Cal Cobalts"
so let me know what you guys think and if you have other name ideas

Last edited by Jusday; 06-13-2007 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 AM

Im down.....
Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
added
Old 06-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Well since I mentioned it earlier here are some pics of my finished calipers!

And one nice shot of the car

You know you painted the brake pads too right?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by juststickit124
I plan on coming, add me to the list. I might bring a couple more balts too.
SWEET!!!!!! I was getting ready to send you a message on MYSpace, but I noticed that you have not logged into it since Febuary.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jusday
i would plan on doing a color to match your interrior. like if you have the red inserts then have red calipers. i am keeping the blue theme with my entire car

ok i would like to see what everyone would think of this idea... since we seem be growing in numbers every day. for reference to the meets on the forum site and everyone in the area maybe we can make ourselves a "club." i think it would be cool to do this so we can have an official title to go by if we ever go to a show, or just to attract the attention of fellow balts, ect. we could figure out a decal/ sticker shop that would make windsheild decals for us. i would be willing to try and organize this also. my idea for a name is simply "So-Cal Cobalts"
Haha, Ive been thinking about the same idea. Making a little club, it is entirely possible. We can get a signup list going at the meet. Like a full name/email list.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Imlikedrpepper
You know you painted the brake pads too right?
LoL I know man I got done painting the calipers and the brake pads looked really tacky cause they werent red. You could really notice them and they looked dirty. So I said what the hell and painted them, I like how everything came out, looks more complete to me. Painted brake pads FTW!!!

Last edited by ICEMAN187; 06-13-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:25 PM

LoL I know man I got done painting the calipers and the brake pads looked really tacky cause they werent red. You could really notice them and they looked diry. So I said what the hell and painted them, I like how everything came out, looks more complete to me. Painted brake pads FTW!!!
makes sense. Ill probally end up doing the same thing, Im painting my calipers this weekend
Old 06-13-2007, 01:18 PM

makes sense. Ill probally end up doing the same thing, Im painting my calipers this weekend
Yea I just think it looks better with the pads painted, its flows better with the calipers!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:40 PM

Yea I just think it looks better with the pads painted, its flows better with the calipers!
Ill f*ck it, ill probaly end up painting my pads too. haha. Im glad you did that to your car, i got to see what it will loook like before i did it. And ill be smokin my taillights, they will look nice, not too black, and very glossy
Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 PM

Ill f*ck it, ill probaly end up painting my pads too. haha. Im glad you did that to your car, i got to see what it will loook like before i did it. And ill be smokin my taillights, they will look nice, not too black, and very glossy
I just blacked out my reverse lights I like the way it looks, im not gonna do the brake lights, I dont want any tickets. Heres some pics:

Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 PM

I just blacked out my reverse lights I like the way it looks, im not gonna do the brake lights, I dont want any tickets. Heres some pics:

Im not going to do that a black out to the extent, just enough. When i hit the brakes they will still be bright.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:57 PM

Well, I have black interior. No color inserts or anything. Was considering doing yellow door panel inserts (where the buttons are and whatever). And maybe where my stereo is...not sure yet.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 PM

Damn guys inspiring me to start doing stuff to my cobalt lol..

Did you black them out urself? I saw a kit for it for like 12 bucks but I dont wanna f' my car up

Last edited by timothyfwright; 06-13-2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by timothyfwright
Damn guys inspiring me to start doing stuff to my cobalt lol..

Did you black them out urself? I saw a kit for it for like 12 bucks but I dont wanna f' my car up
its called VHT Night Shades, you can find it on ebay. He did it himself, as am i think weekend but im doing all 4 tailights. Its not hard to do.

ICEMAN,
Did you put a clear coat on your tail lights?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:41 PM

got the rear sportlines in! with the balt lowered and the front ones yet to be installed it almost looks like i have a low rider i will post pics in a bit i gotta take a break cause it is friggin hot as hell
Old 06-13-2007, 06:11 PM

got the rear sportlines in! with the balt lowered and the front ones yet to be installed it almost looks like i have a low rider i will post pics in a bit i gotta take a break cause it is friggin hot as hell
So much for waiting for me, lol jk. Nice, I cant wait to see the pictures.

Quick Reply: The Next BIG Socal meet