South Pacific CA, NV, and HI

The Next BIG Socal meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much would is cost to rent out a drag strip around here for a few hours? That would be awesome
Old 05-22-2007, 12:18 PM

hey guys.SORRY TO SIDE BUST BUT...... well as most of you might know, my car is a lemon. anyways i just found out that i cant turn my car in with the aftermarket stereo. so i need a stock cobalt radio. anyone either wanna sell me theres or if anyone wants i'll even trade you my current alpine stereo for your stocker plus like 75 dollars OBO. and i'll even get my brother to switch them. he works at a stereo shop. and has years of experience so he knows what he's doing. any takers???? later mike
and about the meet.... what about a bbq like at angels stadium and then a cruise to the beach???
Old 05-22-2007, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by mike_06_SS
hey guys.SORRY TO SIDE BUST BUT...... well as most of you might know, my car is a lemon. anyways i just found out that i cant turn my car in with the aftermarket stereo. so i need a stock cobalt radio. anyone either wanna sell me theres or if anyone wants i'll even trade you my current alpine stereo for your stocker plus like 75 dollars OBO. and i'll even get my brother to switch them. he works at a stereo shop. and has years of experience so he knows what he's doing. any takers???? later mike
and about the meet.... what about a bbq like at angels stadium and then a cruise to the beach???
i have a stock 06 ls stereo...dont know if it is quite the same or not but if it is I will trade with ya. oh yeah and what model alpine?

and yeah you had the same idea i did for the meet...i think angels stadium or another sports complex would be sick. if everyone wants to shoot for that i can try and contact them and see what i can do. let me know
Old 05-22-2007, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jusday
i have a stock 06 ls stereo...dont know if it is quite the same or not but if it is I will trade with ya. oh yeah and what model alpine?

and yeah you had the same idea i did for the meet...i think angels stadium or another sports complex would be sick. if everyone wants to shoot for that i can try and contact them and see what i can do. let me know
I just talked to mike on the phone. I still have my radio from my last cobalt, im going to give it to him
Old 05-22-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
angel stadium sound good to everybody? i like the track idea too but i dont know how much thats going to run usor where one is at so if anyone wants to get info on all that we can have that as an option. the meet will be better if held on sunday july 1st. bassically everyone is off on sundays
Old 05-22-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by NinjaHampster
angel stadium sound good to everybody? i like the track idea too but i dont know how much thats going to run usor where one is at so if anyone wants to get info on all that we can have that as an option. the meet will be better if held on sunday july 1st. bassically everyone is off on sundays
Angel Stadium would be good, but how was we have them allow us to use the parking lot?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Imlikedrpepper
Angel Stadium would be good, but how was we have them allow us to use the parking lot?
good question, just our luck the angels are playing a game that day.......buts its going to be in baltimore. so i its going to be closed what about a themepark or something of that nature but lets look for something thats either free parking or is cheap
Old 05-22-2007, 10:52 PM

good question, just our luck the angels are playing a game that day.......buts its going to be in baltimore. so i its going to be closed what about a themepark or something of that nature but lets look for something thats either free parking or is cheap
Yea we should check out disneyland or knotts.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by jimbos'ss
is june 30th a saturday, if so i may not make it, but we'll see.......or i'll show up late, whichever. i 'm not there for the food anyway.....

why not drive it here, i've made the trip cross country with mine 4 times?
Cause the last time Ninja and I made an attempt to drive his balt from Houston to Cali, he totaled his car (Ninjahampter+rockwall+80mph thread). Plus, I could never make that drive by myself...23 hours alone in the car. So, that "trip" has pretty much scarred me from roadtrips for awhile, atleast.

Originally Posted by ICEMAN187
Yea we should check out disneyland or knotts.
Shoot, if we park at Knott's or something, we might as well spend the day on the coasters!!! hahahah j/k...but that's an idea too!!! What about just parking on the beach or something. Not quite sure how that would work, but it's an idea since I'm not from Cali, I'm not sure what all is options...I just go to visit!

July 1st FTW!!!! SUnday. Is everyone OK with Sunday July 1st??? We need to go ahead and start a food/etc. list after we get a location down.

Last edited by SpoiledAlice; 05-23-2007 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-23-2007, 04:16 AM

Well you know I still have the charcoal, cups, forks, knifes, spoons, plates, napkins and all that stuff from this last meet. So that stuff is covered.

Last edited by Hot Rod Cop; 05-23-2007 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Cop
Well you know I still have the charcoal, cups, forks, knifes, spoons, plates, napkins and all that stuff from this last meet. So that stuff is covered.
Yea, i remember when we left on the cruise all that stuff was still on the table, im glad someone grabbed it.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:25 AM

angels stadium parking lot is always open. it wouldn't be closed.
or just to be 100% sure what about super autobacs in garden grove??
Old 05-23-2007, 12:10 PM

http://news.webshots.com/album/558678941IRgKgL

Had a nice little photo opp w/ the J body crew in April. We used the Stadium as a backdrop. Worked out nice.....

Wide open spaces!!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ILMODC
http://news.webshots.com/album/558678941IRgKgL

Had a nice little photo opp w/ the J body crew in April. We used the Stadium as a backdrop. Worked out nice.....

Wide open spaces!!
you and them wide open spaces... lol my rl has been sold..
Old 05-23-2007, 04:08 PM

Dang bro. Today is a dark day in Redline History.

Whats next? That Type R? F-150?
Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by mike_06_SS
angels stadium parking lot is always open. it wouldn't be closed.
or just to be 100% sure what about super autobacs in garden grove??
i read on the site that it would be closed and only opens 2 1/2 hours before a game so i figure d if there wasnt even a game going on it would be closed. so if you guys still want to meet there thats fine by me.

super autobacs this place is ALWAYS filled with ricers and would be cool to just roll up deep in cobalts but the parking lot isnt really that big with all those other cars there.

so angel stadium or super autobacs
Old 05-23-2007, 08:07 PM

Even though I am a huge dodger fan and I hate the angels damn disney teams, I say angel stadium. The parking lot is huge so we would have no problems with that. It would be cool to roll a **** load of cobalts through all the ricers at autobacs though I say angel stadium.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:40 AM

Just for ***** and GIGGLES, I contacted LA County Raceway in Palmdale via Email. They responded and told me that the 1st of July was open for use and the cost of the facility would depend on what we intend to do and what we would need from them.

So give me some ideas as to what your planning to do if we were to use their facility and I'll see what they say.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Cop
Just for ***** and GIGGLES, I contacted LA County Raceway in Palmdale
Haha thats awesome... so is that place a drag strip or do they have a road course and stuff?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:47 PM

^^^^^x2
Old 05-24-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jusday
Haha thats awesome... so is that place a drag strip or do they have a road course and stuff?
drag strip only last time i was there, but willow springs has several awesome road courses, i think it's a $1k for the whole day to rent one of there tracks. just divide that by 30 balts and it's not that expensive.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:24 PM

LA County Raceway is a Drag Strip. It could cost just as much as Willow Springs. So in order for us to do something like a track day, we would have to have a 100% commitment. None of this I can't make it stuff the day before the meet. And I would not even consider it unless we were going to have 30 + cars guaranteed. The other downfall is that folks would have to pay up front and it is more costly then a $5.00 park fee
Old 05-24-2007, 06:46 PM

ture but a track day would really be fun! espically willow springs!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:31 PM

how much are they wanting total? where is that located?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 PM

how much are they wanting total? where is that located?
i have no idea... someone should call, i would but im pretty busy during the day... also if someone would call angels stadium also we could find out how much it would be to use their parking lot, i know they rent it out all the time for different events and ****.

Quick Reply: The Next BIG Socal meet