Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

Cobalt Addiction CARBON FIBER HOOD GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think thats what CA said, the paid hoods will ship out but the financed hoods will not ship until paid off. sounds like a good deal to me
Old 01-24-2007, 12:39 PM

well sorry to all who expected me to be in this group buy... I love the look of the carbon fiber and i realize that it is a very hard time to get any of these hoods but i will certainly not rush and scrounge up cash every week to pay it off in 4 weeks....Its cool though because i dont have the funds and i no im missing out on a very good group buy... I guess if i didnt spend my money on my vibrant headers and my xbox i could have this.....
Old 01-24-2007, 01:47 PM

all sounds good and fair to me
Old 01-24-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump
Old 01-24-2007, 02:51 PM

so on feb. 1st those of us who paid in full for our hoods they will be shipped out? If so I'm fine with waiting for another week.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 PM

im not waiting till jan 31st for my hood or is it jan 31st they are gonna ship or when are they even gonna be shipped. hell i could have spent the extra money and got it from Rk Sport and had it by now......i think those who have paid in full and have to wait that long for the hoods should get some kind of incentive or something....i asked my boss to borrow the money for this hood so i could get in the group buy. he is charging me 10% interest a month till its paid for and hell im gonna end up paying 100 bux more for something i dont even have yet.....can i come pick it up ASAP im only 4hrs from ya......ive called a few times now and Kenny ur either not there or ur with a customer.....oh ya im toolshedamerica and i ordered the Rk Sport Hood.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:46 PM

edited as promised.

Last edited by firestorm; 01-24-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:07 PM

edited first line- sounded like it was directed to people personally-

I cant control that people live in canada or that people dont have the money for the hoods right now. or any of the circumstances that are not allowing people to purchase these. im not trying to be rude, but cmon guys....we are trying to work with everyone the best way we can.
a GB was asked for and that is what everyone got. I dont see why a choice few want to take this out on us like its our fault that no one is purchasing them. we cant give these away for free, nor do we have 10,000 bucks lying around to lay out for these to have people cancel or change their minds.
we have done everything possible to make this work.... i dont know what more to tell you guys other then, if you cant do the GB then just say I cant do the GB right now

*** ok well ill throw this edit in since now that i read it it comes across like i am directing this to people personally....its not meant to be taken that way.

Last edited by badg1rl; 01-24-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:17 PM

im not trying to turn anything in a pissing match Donna. i think it was just unfair to those who have paid in full for their hoods like i did. but ive talked with John at the shop and got a deal worked out. He told 9 people have gotton the ss hood. i dont believe that 3 more people are gonna buy the rk sport hood. so i switched to the ss hood to make 10 for the group buy..YIPPE....sorry to the other guy that got the rk sport hood. 1 reason i did this was cause he told me that if only the 2 of us got the rk sport hood we would have to pay full price for it cause we where the only ones....and i aint putting out more money....so i said gimme the rk sport hood and a triple gauge pod and a floor brace that made up the difference in price....so i got it worked out...thanks CA for the gr8 customer service...and i hope this works out. if not ill be waiting for my refund.....not to be a D**K.....
Old 01-24-2007, 04:19 PM

edited as promised

Last edited by firestorm; 01-24-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by firestorm
How dare you bitch at me badg1rl, ive been standing up for you and CA. i emailed asking for my invoice, which i need. and dont think you bent over for me. i recieved no discount, i bought right off your website, and paid the listed amount. i am no part of your group buy. i cant even fight the bogus amount without an invoice to PROVE exactly what i paid. why should i pay a % based on a ficticious amount?
bottom line...i need my invoice. please respond to my email, and i shall edit out all this.

if i where in ur boat id be pissed to....did u use paypal...you can print an invoice off there cant you...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Banned

Wow so they said it the hood costs 900 bucks??? I wonder if that is for insurance reasons. If its damaged they will get twice the money back.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:33 PM

all i am saying that in general if you read through this entire 4 pages, there has been a lot of negativety directed towards us when we did this to help the community. im saying that we have no control over other peoples circumstances. im not bitching at you directly...im saying that, customs, extra fees, etc. are not something we can change or control, people not ordering is not in our control, people waiting on tax returns are not in our control. i dont know the issue with your order as i dont handle that , kenny will get to the bottom of it as thats what he does, i am confindent in that. i havent said anything in my post that wasnt already said by kenny in his post earlier.

im not handling this group buy as i have said, i am just on the boards as eyes to help where there are issues. if there is problem you MUST contact kenny directly.
i have no idea when or what you ordered as i dont take orders etc.
i dont have access to emails for the company as that is what kenny handles. im not trying to be a bitch, never have,as i think that you have taken my message all wrong. im just stating to those who have posted the negative comments about this GB, that we cant control the fact that some people are not coming through, or that people are waiting on tax returns, etc. if anything , talk to the fellow board members who said they would purchase as the failure to order is what is holding this back.

we WILL work with people who pay in full or have paid in full, but we cant wait a year to get the money from those with deposits and most of the problems are people who want to put the deposit down but cant come up with the rest. like tsa performance said, john worked something out with him to make up the difference if the #s arent met. we arent unwilling to help. just if you cant do the GB you cant do the GB....

firestorm, i understand where you are coming from with your order, like i said im sure kenny will get to the bottom and help out. i think you took my message waaaay too personal.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:44 PM

please acknowledge that the artificial inflated value will work in your favor in case it is damaged. that way, insurance will pay for the product and cost of shipping. in this case, i am boned. ups just called, who is brokering it, and i cannot change the declared value. bax, the shipper say they cannot broker it this week.
god knows why. i guess i erred in not checking the value before the hood was shipped. i have been buying product monthly from the usa for over 10 years, and never had this happen before. probably none of you care, unless you live in canada.

Last edited by firestorm; 01-24-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:44 PM

so since i paid in full for my rk sport hood and the other guy changed hoods am i totally screwed now. i cant afford full price and i dont like any of the other hoods...(dv_platinum)
Old 01-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by firestorm
when you put a 900 dollar value on a 430 dollar part, that is what is costing me a few hundered xtra. it wasnt on my end, i assure you.
like i said , kenny handles the orders and emails.
im sure he will get back to your email asap.

either call or email kenny as he doesnt check the forums often and wont see this right away.

Last edited by badg1rl; 01-24-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-24-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just found out from Tsa_Performance that he is #10 on the SS hood. Do you have more than 10 or is that it for them. I wanted an SS hood as well but if your stock is gone than thats fine. I should've gotten in earlier.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by biniecki
I just found out from Tsa_Performance that he is #10 on the SS hood. Do you have more than 10 or is that it for them. I wanted an SS hood as well but if your stock is gone than thats fine. I should've gotten in earlier.
get the rk sport with me. its nicer imo
Old 01-24-2007, 06:39 PM

we could use a few more in on the invader hood!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by slvrbalt
get the rk sport with me. its nicer imo
I personally dont have a problem with that hood I just dont think its worth the extra $180. Plus the SS has always been my first choice. I kind of like the I-Trenz but I dont believe it is being offered and regular price would be an additional $215 from on their site.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:41 PM

they have more then 10 ss hoods. the guy told me that is the easier and most plentiful hood of all of em...wait i just read most of the posts here. celicacobalt was #1 or the rk sport i was #2 and slveblat you where #3....can we please get a tally on whoi getting what hood so we know our goals yet......
Old 01-24-2007, 08:46 PM

Im not buying a completely different design hood than i initially wanted just to slip into the group with the biggest numbers.

If I have to pay a few bucks extra, I will.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:10 PM

man i just want my hood, im ready to wait till the 31st but by then i want it to be shipped since ive paid in full i just hope some others realize what a good deal this is on the rk sport hood since ive looked around and nobody can touch this price on the rk sport, plus in the celica community ive seen some nice hoods like this around then dissapear and become much more expensive if you find them.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by celicacobalt
man i just want my hood, im ready to wait till the 31st but by then i want it to be shipped since ive paid in full i just hope some others realize what a good deal this is on the rk sport hood since ive looked around and nobody can touch this price on the rk sport, plus in the celica community ive seen some nice hoods like this around then dissapear and become much more expensive if you find them.
x2
Old 01-25-2007, 01:27 AM

All I have to say is I better not be affected because of others not participating in the buy. Hope to have the hood that I already paid for in full in my possession soon.

Quick Reply: Cobalt Addiction CARBON FIBER HOOD GROUP BUY