Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

- MRZ Performance - Lightweight and Underdrive Pulley group buy for Ecotec's

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ohhhh now that i look at it more i see that it was a dumb question thanx hunterkiller89..... do crank pulleys make a substantial difference?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Feardavid0586
ohhhh now that i look at it more i see that it was a dumb question thanx hunterkiller89..... do crank pulleys make a substantial difference?
i think above they said 3-5 hp, not sure if both pulleys will make a great difference or not, were most people notice the difference from what has been said you rev faster. so if you rev faster something is moving faster... so i'd say you will probably notice a difference but probably not substantial.... all this mod basically does is release hp the vehicle already has. similar to how solid motor mounts will put more hp to the ground, due to less tweaking of the motor.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by knoxbox
i think above they said 3-5 hp, not sure if both pulleys will make a great difference or not, were most people notice the difference from what has been said you rev faster. so if you rev faster something is moving faster... so i'd say you will probably notice a difference but probably not substantial.... all this mod basically does is release hp the vehicle already has. similar to how solid motor mounts will put more hp to the ground, due to less tweaking of the motor.
You are correct...all add-ons do is allow more power to the wheel by making it easier for the engine...larger exhaust - engine doesn't have to use as much energy to "push" the exhaust out, larger/less restrictive Intake - doesn't have to "suck" so hard, UDP - lighter rotating mass and not having to spin the accessories as much. They all add up....would be nice if there was some way to slow down the water pump -- they tend to draw the most HP of all accessories -- but a timing chain controls that.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Banned

if im going to do it im going all out... its just how i am... so ya put me down woo hoo PULLEYS FTW!!! i just can't pass up on a group buy... so total would be 368.90 much thanks.

so just to confirm what i want...
this is all for the 2.2 ls
Light weight crank pulley anodized red
Underdrive pulley w belt anodized red
black stickers.
You're in the list Thanks for joining the group buy!

Originally Posted by IsItFast?
Any idea if this will work on the LNF?
We have not tested yet on the 2.0 LNF... but the pulleys for the Ecotec are all the same size and design, the only difference is the number of grooves, 5 for the 2.2/2.4 and 6 for the 2.0

So the pulley should fit perfectly on the LNF but as I said we did not tested them yet, if you buy and it does not fit, we will refund your purchase. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by MRZ - RedGTZ; 11-04-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 PM

much thanks man.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Red07SSNA
You are correct...all add-ons do is allow more power to the wheel by making it easier for the engine...larger exhaust - engine doesn't have to use as much energy to "push" the exhaust out, larger/less restrictive Intake - doesn't have to "suck" so hard, UDP - lighter rotating mass and not having to spin the accessories as much. They all add up....would be nice if there was some way to slow down the water pump -- they tend to draw the most HP of all accessories -- but a timing chain controls that.
this is only partially accurate. things like an intake and exhaust will raise your bhp, as they affect the actual combustion cylinder and airflow dynamics, changing VE, thus raise your whp as well. Things like lightweight.underdrive crank pulleys and neutral balance shafts dont change bhp since they have no effect on the cylinder pressures, but they lessen drivetrain losses, so they increase whp by say...changing drivetrain losses from 18% to 16% Because of this, theyre great fuel economy modifications, since the same fuel burned yields greater power at the wheel.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:03 AM

ya there is a difference between releasing horsepower and gaining horsepower, im doing releasing hp mods first then i'll step into gaining hp...

another mod that helps with drivetrain loss are solid motor mounts / poly filled and trans mounts engine torque dampners etc...
Old 11-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Banned

Bump for this group buy! :P
Old 11-05-2008, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by MRZ - RedGTZ
Bump for this group buy! :P
ya bump for a good deal we need at least 20 ppl come on... we can do this! woo hoo bump for LWC UDP!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:07 PM

add me please 07sunburst - Black - lightweight 2.0L - White Stickers
Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by 07sunburst
add me please 07sunburst - Black - lightweight 2.0L - White Stickers
i love you thanks woo hoo.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:12 PM

haha i love you to man
Old 11-05-2008, 09:14 PM

i know we are going to love these pulleys together LOL
Old 11-05-2008, 09:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
this is only partially accurate. things like an intake and exhaust will raise your bhp, as they affect the actual combustion cylinder and airflow dynamics, changing VE, thus raise your whp as well. Things like lightweight.underdrive crank pulleys and neutral balance shafts dont change bhp since they have no effect on the cylinder pressures, but they lessen drivetrain losses, so they increase whp by say...changing drivetrain losses from 18% to 16% Because of this, theyre great fuel economy modifications, since the same fuel burned yields greater power at the wheel.
Again only partially correct....An engine without an intake restriction (no air filter/open TB), or exhaust restriction (open exhaust/zoomie headers), or accessories will make the most horsepower (especially on an engine dyno). You just can't run them on the street that way So the factory puts intakes and exhausts to meet noise requirements, route the exhaust away from the passenger compartment, filter the incoming air to keep sand/debris out, and attaches accessories to sell the car. Adding a freer exhaust and less restrictive intake just gets it a little closer to that maximum possible HP, i.e. freeing up horsepower -- not raising it

i know we are going to love these pulleys together LOL
You guys need to buy a couple of extra pulleys and really spread the "love" around

Last edited by Red07SSNA; 11-05-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-05-2008, 09:27 PM

i'm buying two as is... LWC and UDP but for my ride not anyone else .

Again only partially correct....An engine without an intake restriction (no air filter/open TB), or exhaust restriction (open exhaust/zoomie headers), or accessories will make the most horsepower (especially on an engine dyno). You just can't run them on the street that way So the factory puts intakes and exhausts to meet noise requirements, route the exhaust away from the passenger compartment, filter the incoming air to keep sand/debris out, and attaches accessories to sell the car. Adding a freer exhaust and less restrictive intake just gets it a little closer to that maximum possible HP, i.e. freeing up horsepower -- not raising it
i don't totally agree,

the hp rating given at say edmunds for example says 148hp to the crank for my ls, with a probably 20% loss to the wheels, making about 118 hp to the wheels. that leave 29 hp that can be released...

so thus pulleys, solid motor/trans mounts, ETD, etc all drecrease that 20% loss, they basically RELEASE hp that the motor already has.

gaining hp by modifying the actual motor through intake, exhaust, header, intake manifold, Larger TB, differ compression pistons, cams etc. your actually changing the the way the motor acts. thus your gaining HP, not decreasing the loss to the wheels. THUS GAINING hp.

just my thoughts.

Last edited by knoxbox; 11-05-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-05-2008, 09:27 PM

im new to modifying cars so i have a question. i just need to replace the pulley right it will work with the stock belt right?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:29 PM

if your doing the LWC light weight crank pully the stock belt is fine if your doing the UDP undedrive pulley u'll need a smaller belt.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 PM

yeah im doing the 2.0 sc lightweight pulley
Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM

then stock belt should be fine.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:34 PM

ok thanks man
Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 PM

no problem...
Old 11-06-2008, 12:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

once more...only partially correct isee what you're saying, but you have to take into consideration that intakes and exhausts add horsepower under certain conditions. tuned length exhausts for example...or tuned intake runners in the manifold. based on length they can add HP at specific RPMs and changing the diameter can increase airflow or exhaust flow rates increasing VE versus running with no header or intake manifold.

i was also just noting that an UDP is one of the few mods that can raise WHP but not BHP, as it does not actually enhance cylinder pressures
Old 11-06-2008, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
once more...only partially correct isee what you're saying, but you have to take into consideration that intakes and exhausts add horsepower under certain conditions. tuned length exhausts for example...or tuned intake runners in the manifold. based on length they can add HP at specific RPMs and changing the diameter can increase airflow or exhaust flow rates increasing VE versus running with no header or intake manifold.

i was also just noting that an UDP is one of the few mods that can raise WHP but not BHP, as it does not actually enhance cylinder pressures
in otherwords it releases hp already their but not felt due to drivetrain loss vs. adding additional hp.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 AM

all pulleys will need a new center bolt too... local GM dealer sales them for like 6 bucks...

just a heads up...
Old 11-06-2008, 12:43 AM

hrm, doesn't say that in the how to? are you sure it needs it? can we get another opinion on the matter i mean 6 bucks well 12 for me cause i am replacing two... isn't alot just want a confirmation.

Quick Reply: - MRZ Performance - Lightweight and Underdrive Pulley group buy for Ecotec's