Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Alignment Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment Issue

I recently bought the Eiback Pro kit - got a new kit unused for 50 bucks so figured might as well slap it on.

well i put everything on myself except for swapping out the springs and had the finished work looked at by MIDAS and everything checked out ok. They also did my alignment.
Got the alignment a couple days after the installation to give the springs some time to settle before i spent some money on the alignment.

I noticed that before i got an alignment i would have to tilt my steering wheel slightly to one side to drive straight. Got the alignment and it went away.

Well its been about 2 to 3 weeks and im having to tilt it to the right to drive straight.

I dont race so there is never wheel hop, and i haven't hit any holes in the road or anything. I don' t do much driving so im confused why this is happening.

i have lowered cars before but never ran into this problem

Anyone have any idea's on why this happening

any input at all would be appreciated.. Thanks !!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:27 AM

i have the same problem
i checked my tires and the right front tire was tilted inward so i went back to the shop and i told the guy who did the alignment
******* said it was my fault because i lowered the car i was like
why didnt you tell me that before?
he said he did his best and that a camber kit would fix that
he quoted me a price of 320
i never went back
Old 07-19-2009, 02:05 AM

Haha people at shops are sometimes pieces of ****, its why I have learned to do any work you can on your own.

I just hate how you spend all this money to get your car to look nice and you do nothing but mess **** up.

Well im taking the car back to a shop where i know the people and are going to have them look at it cause the steering doesn't feel right, like if something were loose.

I'll just take the loss of money and see what the deal is.

I'll post on her sometime next week on what fixes is unless anyone tells me a solution before then
Old 07-19-2009, 03:33 AM

i know that sucks haha
mine feel the same when i go over bumps it shakes and i hear like something is loosing
let me know if you find a solution to your problem
Old 07-19-2009, 03:47 AM

speaking as someone who does alignments all day and HAD a cobalt. any modification to to the car will change specs. we can only do factory specs unless something is requested, which on a cobalt cant be done unless a camber kit. people say they had alignments done on thiere car are stupid. if it clunks over bumps its a problem with installation or some thing underneith is hitting the frame.

if the steering wheel is not straight then ask for a realignment for that but dont tell them they did it wrong because we could always be dicks and change the spec of the car.............

please be nice about it, say it dont feel right... you most likely have 6 months/6k miles to come back for a recheck
Old 07-19-2009, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by madmark
speaking as someone who does alignments all day and HAD a cobalt. any modification to to the car will change specs. we can only do factory specs unless something is requested, which on a cobalt cant be done unless a camber kit. people say they had alignments done on thiere car are stupid. if it clunks over bumps its a problem with installation or some thing underneith is hitting the frame.

if the steering wheel is not straight then ask for a realignment for that but dont tell them they did it wrong because we could always be dicks and change the spec of the car.............

please be nice about it, say it dont feel right... you most likely have 6 months/6k miles to come back for a recheck

you mean any lowered cobalt needs a camber kit???

Last edited by arman14; 07-19-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by madmark

The Factory Service Manual says for a first time alignment, "egg out" the lower strut bolt hole to the marks. I have -2.0 camber in front, following that procedure at an alignment shop.