Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes
View Poll Results: Did your pads come with anti-rattle clips?
HPS pads came with anti-rattle clips
25.00%
HPS pads did NOT come with anti-rattle clips
50.00%
Have clips, no noise
0%
Have clips, severe noise
0%
Do NOT have clips, no noise
25.00%
Do NOT have clips, severe noise
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

ATTN: Hawk HPS Pads - who has them?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation ATTN: Hawk HPS Pads - who has them?

THIS IS STRICTLY LIMITED TO PEOPLE WITH THE HAWK HPS PADS - THANKS!

I need some help from you guys with a question:

Did your pads come with anti-rattle clips??????? If someone needs a pic of what they look like I'll try and find one on the internet.

Usually EVERY brake pad comes with them, the last set of HPS pads I had some came with them and some did not - on the instructions it said to re-use the stock ones or install new. Well stock ones were no where to be found and the new ones didn't all have them, so I didn't install them. BIG MISTAKE. My brakes squeal like a **** and it's absolutely rediculous. Unacceptible. I've been told by 3 mechanics that it's the lack of anti-rattle clips that is doing it. Went to the dealer to buy some - THEY DON'T SELL THEM - that's where I found out that they're supposed to come with EVERY set of brake pads.

Here's my next question - if any of you did not get them - do you have noise problems with the HPS pads? Ditto for those who do have them - do you still have noise issues?

I'm not talking a little squeak here or there - mine are louder than a damn school bus. I'm going to be really pissed if I just dropped $125 on pads that are still going to sound like ass.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have em but don't remember if they came with clips

no noise issues
Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 AM

Ouch that sucks!

Hope you get that figured out pretty soon
Old 11-30-2007, 11:12 AM

Yeah, I'm pissed as hell. I've been putting up with this for 10k miles.

What's worse is that they're SO bad I've gotten pulled over for them because the cop thought my brakes were shot.

ravenwings, what sort of backing is on yours and did you put anything else on them to help make them not squeal?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 AM

I just put mine on a couple weeks ago and they didnt come with the new set, I used the stock ones

No noise issues whatsoever...I love em
Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 AM

yeah its a prewarning of your car approaching
Old 11-30-2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltSSChick
I just put mine on a couple weeks ago and they didnt come with the new set, I used the stock ones

No noise issues whatsoever...I love em
Blah. I know Halfcent's did. I'm gettin kinda pissed about this cause I"m going to end up having to shell out $25 for **** pads, throw the pads out and only use the clips.

I love the pads too but the noise is absolutely unacceptible.

Originally Posted by kyyankee
yeah its a prewarning of your car approaching
.......From 3 blocks away.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Blah. I know Halfcent's did. I'm gettin kinda pissed about this cause I"m going to end up having to shell out $25 for **** pads, throw the pads out and only use the clips.

I love the pads too but the noise is absolutely unacceptible.

.......From 3 blocks away.

I honestly thought I misplaced them since I was putting the whole brake kit on that night, so I had parts everywhere...I still could have misplaced them, but I have the stock ones on at the moment and I dont have a problem.

That sucks to buy pads and throw them out, but its either that or dealing with the obnoxious squeaking, and I know I wouldn't be able to put up with it
Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltSSChick
I honestly thought I misplaced them since I was putting the whole brake kit on that night, so I had parts everywhere...I still could have misplaced them, but I have the stock ones on at the moment and I dont have a problem.

That sucks to buy pads and throw them out, but its either that or dealing with the obnoxious squeaking, and I know I wouldn't be able to put up with it
LOL I should put a video up of them. They are REDICULOUS. I can't drive with the windows down in the summer because they drown out the radio at anything below 3/4 volume.

If I have to throw the other pads out, I have to. I'm just thinking maybe I should contact Hawk and find out why my pads didn't come with them....that's why I wanted to see if others had the same problem.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:34 AM

call the autozone and see if they have them
Old 11-30-2007, 12:11 PM

Well, I thought those were sqealers to let you know that your brakes are low. Mine had them.

As many of you know... I have TONS of miles ( turned over 83K last night... in 28 months ) and not a bit of noise.

Alleycat knows, but for those that don't... I autocross mine as well as a DD, and never had an issue with ANY squeaking pads.

Originally Posted by kyyankee
call the autozone and see if they have them
You mean replacement clips??? I doubt it.

I think I have my Satisfied Brakes ProCeramics still in my Hawk boxes.... I could look and see if those clips come off and you can just have em.

Last edited by LittleStealthSS; 11-30-2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-30-2007, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by LittleStealthSS
Well, I thought those were sqealers to let you know that your brakes are low. Mine had them.

As many of you know... I have TONS of miles ( turned over 83K last night... in 28 months ) and not a bit of noise.

Alleycat knows, but for those that don't... I autocross mine as well as a DD, and never had an issue with ANY squeaking pads.
Those are the little bars on the back. I'm talking about the clips that keep them from rattling.

I've had issues from the day I put the hawks on until now. To be perfectly honest, I KNOW it's not the pads. I was thinking it's the lack of clips, but judging from what others said, it's not. I think I'm going to scuff em, scuff the rotors, give everything a good cleaning, and start again from square one.

Originally Posted by LittleStealthSS
I think I have my Satisfied Brakes ProCeramics still in my Hawk boxes.... I could look and see if those clips come off and you can just have em.
I would love you forever Brian, that'd be awesome.

Last edited by alleycat58; 11-30-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-30-2007, 12:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i got a set shortly after they came out and they came with clips, no noise at all and they seem to be wearing very well
Old 11-30-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Those are the little bars on the back. I'm talking about the clips that keep them from rattling.

I've had issues from the day I put the hawks on until now. To be perfectly honest, I KNOW it's not the pads. I was thinking it's the lack of clips, but judging from what others said, it's not. I think I'm going to scuff em, scuff the rotors, give everything a good cleaning, and start again from square one.

I would love you forever Brian, that'd be awesome.
Yeah, I remember when you put them on.....

I have close to 20K or so on mine ( maybe more ) and no vibrations, no chatter, and no squealies.

Love me forever???? That's a bit extreme
You could look upon me with great fondness and respect.
Or just find me a cute female....