Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

coilovers.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coilovers.......

ok so I recently bought a 2000 acura integra, GS. Well it had adjustable coilovers on it. it was riding a little so I went to adjust them and the driver side rear one had the threads busted on it. Well I started asking around because it needs to be replaced and because the ride quality is terrible, I was told I would have to just buy a new set of coilovers because you cannot buy them indivudally. this i have found to be somewhat true, i cannot find single coilovers anywhere. Also i was told if i wanted better ride quality to just get lowering springs, so my questions are.
1. does anyone know where I can buy indivudal coilovers?
2. are lowering springs better than coil overs?

Sorry about the spelling.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:04 PM

Old 10-02-2008, 06:06 PM

yea, i get that. but. its a suspension question. nothing more. dont be a dick.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:06 PM

just kidding...springs may give a more "friendly" ride due to the softer spring rates.

but performance wise a coilover setup is definitely "better"...more adjustability so thats a given. they just aren't necessary with every setup.

and I doubt someone is gonna sell you 1 coilover lol...contact the manufacturer and see if they are under warranty. that would be the only place you'd likely find a replacement from.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:09 PM

ok so assuming i stick with the coil overs, is there anything that i could od that would help ride quality?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:15 PM

first one would be to make sure you don't have those sleeve type coilovers and are riding on stock struts. sounds like thats what you have...throw those away immediately if so. the only acceptable combo like that would be Ground Control and Koni struts.

and if you do have a complete coilover setup like Tein for example and you have dampening adjustability...set to full soft lol

also raising the ride height will help with ride quality as well...
Old 10-04-2008, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are so many inexpensive suspension options for your car just junk the ones on there and get something new.... Honestley you could even get a used set for a great price on specific forums for you car.