Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Omg help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Omg help please

Okay so heres the deal...towards the end of summer I want to be slammed with 17 or 18s. I dont know wether to go with coilovers or springs if i have to get diff struts or what? i know allignment and camber adjustments..but other than that what all do i need to get? or have done?...gah im so confused ive went over so many threads and hearing, hey buy coilovers, no get sportlines, no i blew a strut with sportlines, get pedders.....bla bla bla....but anyways im just looking to be slammed im not to worried about the ride or anything..however I dont want brain damage. And just an fyi Im driving a 2007 cobalt lt 2.2...so im not worried about performance either. haha its all for looks. Please no douche bags just good advice. THANK YOU
Old 05-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Coilovers or B&G springs will give you the lowest drop.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
Coilovers or B&G springs will give you the lowest drop.
Alright..but what brand coilovers? see they scare me because ive seen some cars on here and the stance is awful.. I want it to look good...obviously..lol...ill check out the B&G springs. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by SlobatLT
Alright..but what brand coilovers? see they scare me because ive seen some cars on here and the stance is awful.. I want it to look good...obviously..lol...ill check out the B&G springs. Thanks!
The lovely thing about coils is YOU can adjust all 4 corners and adjust your own ride height. You probably saw horribly balanced corners.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by tREBs
The lovely thing about coils is YOU can adjust all 4 corners and adjust your own ride height. You probably saw horribly balanced corners.
Yeah thats true...but ive seen some balts on springs that look uneven and have ugly stance...could just be pictures...maybe they just got em on and settling made em look like that until they settled completely?? idk.. im probably just to picky. haha But I still need people to help me with what brand coilovers...or maybe some reasons that having coilovers would benefit me over having springs. but anyways thanks!