Tuning For tuning and related discussions

Diablo Sport tuning is Offical!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by REDFOCZ
Dude, yes I know shops can tune with HPT. I called the guy here in Orlando and he has never tuned a 2.4 , I do not know about you I do not like being the gunie pig when it comes to something like this. Call me what you want, but I would rather wait till some one has proven it to work.
i haven't called you anything homie... just saying. either way you're going to be the guinea pig cuz no diablo tuner will have tuned a 2.4 either when diablo comes out w/ tuning for ya.... if you want progress in a market somebody has to get it started... hell i blew an engine cuz i was the only ecotec to procharge and run it daily on piggybacks... but hey, live & learn
Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
A tune is a tune. Honestly it doesnt matter if he has never tuned a 2.4 because even if he has, it wouldnt be the same as the next one. Everyones car is different. You use all the same concepts in tuning a 2.4 as you would the 2.0. Yes you have VVT but your still altering fuel and ignition timing. As long as the guy has a lot of experience with tuning cars with HPTuners you shouldnt have to worry about anything but the price.
i generally agree w/ this statement, however I do know that the v8 guys are always surprised by the things they can do w/ the ecotec vs what they have been doing for years on the older vettes & T/As and whatnot... so it may be somewhat of a different animal but in general, yes, the same principles apply
Originally Posted by Halfcent
Chill people. Now.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by bc3tech
i haven't called you anything homie... just saying. either way you're going to be the guinea pig cuz no diablo tuner will have tuned a 2.4 either when diablo comes out w/ tuning for ya.... if you want progress in a market somebody has to get it started... hell i blew an engine cuz i was the only ecotec to procharge and run it daily on piggybacks... but hey, live & learn
Ohh i know exactly how you feel brandon, as you know =P

someone has to get the ball rolling for this community. I did with the turbo kit w/ smt-6 piggyback. yes its been a bit bumpy but well worth it.

Now you 2.4 guys, grow some ***** and go get a tune =P i bet you would be very pleased with the outcome.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:54 PM

duane is your engine done? was just noticing your sig. what rods/pistons did you end up going w/ and did you get a deal on them or hafta pay retail? i just got my ride back last nite. new engine w/ stock internals gonna hafta wait for forging, unfortunately