Tuning For tuning and related discussions

GSM1 Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSM1 Question

Little back story, I purchased my car from a low end car lot about 6 months ago, horrid condition, barely ran, Blown Gaskets, Leaks, and a fender bender up front. After some rehab she looks near close to new. I've only started to put some mods in, but I noticed in the picture I posted for the gsm1 tune that there's a sticker for premium fuel only, my car has that sticker already, now my question is... do I already have gsm1 from the previous owner? There already are some very minor mods and mess ups in the car when I got it, like a kill switch for some under the panel LED's and when I was investigating radio static the antennae adapter was torn and snapped to shreds, but honestly, coming from a newbie in the Cobalt world having only basic knowledge of gm cars, could I have it? And how would I check?

Name:  vYjzhSc.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  136.5 KB
Old 07-24-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by apxtonic
Little back story, I purchased my car from a low end car lot about 6 months ago, horrid condition, barely ran, Blown Gaskets, Leaks, and a fender bender up front. After some rehab she looks near close to new. I've only started to put some mods in, but I noticed in the picture I posted for the gsm1 tune that there's a sticker for premium fuel only, my car has that sticker already, now my question is... do I already have gsm1 from the previous owner? There already are some very minor mods and mess ups in the car when I got it, like a kill switch for some under the panel LED's and when I was investigating radio static the antennae adapter was torn and snapped to shreds, but honestly, coming from a newbie in the Cobalt world having only basic knowledge of gm cars, could I have it? And how would I check?

If you look at your intake manifold or your lower charge pipe, you'll see two MAP sensors. They should both be visible with your hood open looking down. If they have blue stickers on them and are only bolted down by 1 screw (as opposed to black and bolted with 2 screws like the stock sensors are), then you most likely have GMS1.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't go by the sticker. All the LNFs are Premium Fuel only. Follow Aaron's instructions to check if the sensors are already the GMS1 or not.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be able to look after work today but if I don't, does anyone know any tuners in the Detroit metro area?