Tuning For tuning and related discussions

New England Perforfomance and tune(gremlin85 tuner review)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
New England Perforfomance and tune(gremlin85 tuner review)

Let me start this off by saying that all the guys from their shop are down to earth and cool in my book.

A little background info. NEPT(New England Performance and tune- members 1AJeremyD and gremlin85 plus some other guys with Boston accents- if they had names it would be likes2wax and knifeINmaBeLt) orchestrated a tune/meet for us north jersey/pa/Tristate guys. Don't have many options in this area besides BYT or trifecta. Not gonna bash either one, but I'm gonna say one thing is that the nept gets it right the first time and spends their time making sure of it. I was previously tuned and my car wasn't running so great. Now many of you may think(just like I would think that it was a mechanical issue and not the tune). Well I'm the last one to point fingers so I tried my best to eliminate every possible issue before I was tuned and of course still running the same after numerous attempts of changing parts and reinstalling and double checking ****. Well within minutes of gremlin85 looking at my tune he saw a few things that were tuned wrong. Not familiar with tune lingo so I'm not gonna explain, if gremlin sees this and wants to...be my guest. Within one flash of their tune my car was running super smooth at idle. Before my car wouldn't even idle without stalling with the AC on, now i can barely tell its on. We did plenty of pulls and spent much more time driving around making sure everything was ok then I did with my previous tuner. And not only did they drive 4 hours to tune us they picked up a part I purchased in CT for me from another member on here. They get a in my book. oh and I'm not some wet behind the ears 20 year old kid(almost 30) that doesn't know anything about cars and just making a review bc my boner won't go down yet bc I'm so excited about being tuned and hoping I have an elastic wasteband to push my dick under and hold a book in front of while I'm walking to my next class. #runonsentence......no I'm really that happy with my tune. End of story.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
nice write up, not that they need it, everyone knows how they roll! Wish i had an SS to really take advantage of their services, I was so disappointed with bolts + tune on my 2.2.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm wicked glad you're happy with the tune!

If you wanted some lingo it was the tb scalar that was way off amoug a few other things. I started from scratch, though, and made a completely new tune.

He's right, he knows a thing or two about cars and also made sure there was nothing mechanically wrong with the car before I even touched it (as it should be). Kudos for that and I'm happy that you're happy. We'll be seeing you again!

Let me know if you need anything and thanks for the review!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Theses guy did awesome and were very patient and helpful.My computer plug in the car wasn't working right and it cut the power to is laptop twice in the middle of logging.thanks for your patience guys the car runs real nice.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltss#01
Theses guy did awesome and were very patient and helpful.My computer plug in the car wasn't working right and it cut the power to is laptop twice in the middle of logging.thanks for your patience guys the car runs real nice.
Thanks for the kind words!

That was definitely an interesting situation

No worries though, we got you tuned and everything worked out. Pesky GM trying to keep an eye on things ruining all our fun lol
Old 09-18-2012, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting write up rival, I'm glad to see everything worked out for you!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning is done via Hptuners?

Your too too far away for me to get a tune. Im in Texas. Do you tune via email....I send dataloggs...etc.?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy_tuner
Tuning is done via Hptuners?

Your too too far away for me to get a tune. Im in Texas. Do you tune via email....I send dataloggs...etc.?
Yes, tuning is done via HP Tuners.

I'd be more than happy to set up tuning through email if you want me to do it. PM and we'll get started.