Tuning For tuning and related discussions

Who are the top 5 tuners on the site?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CobaltSS313
My car runs better now with a broken IC pump and the 2.5" pulley than it ever did on dan's tune. I havent seen knock in over 4 months, if it wasnt random ok maybe but it was a everyday everytime I'm at the track or I'm on the road thing. Maybe if he made a half decent attempt to help me fix my problem I wouldnt be so pissed off but he didnt, he pretty much told me to go **** myself.
Your an idiot if you are truely running a 2.5 with a broken HE pump.... WOW
Old 09-02-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by WickedSS2005
like this?

yeah tom like that...where the **** did u get that lol
Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 1badBlueberrySC
Your an idiot if you are truely running a 2.5 with a broken HE pump.... WOW
Sry bro moneys tight, cant get it fixed, I've been laid off since january. My car and my quad have to be paid for before I can spend what little extra money I have on gas. My car runs fine just my temps take a little longer to come down, but yah i know it needs fixed.

I believe that if your not gonna tune someones car with the same amount of time and care as you would yourself then you suck idc how good your tuning ablility is.

Last edited by CobaltSS313; 09-02-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:20 AM

I believe that if your not gonna tune someones car with the same amount of time and care as you would yourself then you suck idc how good your tuning ablility is.
A 50 dollar tune does not entitle you to harass someone everytime you put a part on your car or you see them at the track.

You wouldn't let the guy make a pass on your car to show you what the thing was capable of on that tune, but now years later you come crying to an internet forum about him.

Dan's logs showed 0 knock while you were at the track. You now don't have a working intercooler pump and you wonder why it knocks on his tune. Are you really that stupid that you would blame your previous tuner?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:46 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
^^^^ agreed
Old 09-02-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, it's amazing how every third post on here now turns into a fight...

Sheesh.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by BoostedYards86
I learned how to toon from these guys dood. chill out. ps, i ran a 13.3 at 109 and change on streets. actually my buddy's 2006 cobalt does randomly knock and run lean. he brings it in we tweak and he goes back out and beats people. It still remains that your car has yet to trap near 110, so bashing dan's tune is kinda like making fun of Tito Ortiz. HE will kill you in a race (if he still had an LSJ)

And if you want to know why you have KR maybe its cuz your on a 2.5" pulley without meth and without a working intercooler pump.
fran puts out a solid tune, hes the only person that i trust with my car besides me, Ive beat current gen mustangs, g35's, evos, stis, turbo gsr hatch, supercharged gsr, other lsjs, fully built b18b1 in a hatch, etc, etc, etc

plus hes a great guy i have a problem i come out to his area, cause hes doing me a favor, we log, he tweaks, problem solved, just last night he helped me out, we logged, got ride of some high rpm third gear knock, got ride of some partial throttle low end knock, and leaned out the car to a very conservative 11.2-11.3, i asked for this cause im currently working on building the motor, so anyone who he learned to tune from has got my vote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:00 PM

just outa curiosity i would love to see frew race CobaltSS313
Old 09-02-2009, 02:05 PM

im tuned by josh at ottp
Old 09-02-2009, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Witt
A 50 dollar tune does not entitle you to harass someone everytime you put a part on your car or you see them at the track.

You wouldn't let the guy make a pass on your car to show you what the thing was capable of on that tune, but now years later you come crying to an internet forum about him.

Dan's logs showed 0 knock while you were at the track. You now don't have a working intercooler pump and you wonder why it knocks on his tune. Are you really that stupid that you would blame your previous tuner?
He never asked for more, if you want money then by all means ******* tell me, I would have paid him. I didnt know where he lived or I would have drove to his house. I knew nothing about tuning this was 3+ years ago I figured he was an honest person and would fix the problem, apparently not. He doesn't need to drive my car, the car should be tuned for the way I drive it, just like every car is different so is the driver. My scan gauge and my ass dyno say otherwise about the knock I could read the gauge and physically feel the power loss. When Dan tuned my car my IC pump worked normally, I didnt even have the dual pass at that point yet, my IC pump quit working within the last year. My car had problems way before this even happened.

As far as Fran tuning I think he is a cool dude, seems to know what he's doing, I am no tuning expert, if you say your car runs great then thats good, thats the way it should run, my car however didnt and i got ZERO help fixing it. My car runs better now with a non fuctioning IC pump that it ever did with dan's tune. I run a 11.7-11.8 AFR at the top of 3rd with zero knock.

I'll agree to that, i thought about it the other night at miracle mile but I'm not trying to lose my license again just for ***** n gigs especially on the parkway

Last edited by CobaltSS313; 09-02-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2009, 02:16 PM

im down for it
Old 09-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Sry bro moneys tight, cant get it fixed, I've been laid off since january. My car and my quad have to be paid for before I can spend what little extra money I have on gas. My car runs fine just my temps take a little longer to come down, but yah i know it needs fixed.

this. right here. pisses me off to no ******* end. you do not have a got damn clue about tuning in the first place, and yet you have the ***** to say this? you want someone like myself to spend 2 years tuning YOUR car because that's how long i have spent on my own car that i drive everyday? **** that. i look at it like this tool box. stock m62 cars are easy. not much variation in them over the modification spectrum. your car? is fucked. none working IC pump with a 2.5 pulley. "my car doesn't knock" no **** because you have no timing in it, which sky rockets the egt's. your car is a ticking timebomb because you would rather pay for your 4 wheeler every month, than spend 100 bucks and a couple hours of your time to make your car live longer.

you want to bash someone, and yet be blinded to the two sided story. yes, that's right. there is two sides to every story. you only want people to see one side. yours. not going to happen.

have fun with your 1800+ degree egt's on stock pistons. they love this ****.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
this. right here. pisses me off to no ******* end. you do not have a got damn clue about tuning in the first place, and yet you have the ***** to say this? you want someone like myself to spend 2 years tuning YOUR car because that's how long i have spent on my own car that i drive everyday? **** that. i look at it like this tool box. stock m62 cars are easy. not much variation in them over the modification spectrum. your car? is fucked. none working IC pump with a 2.5 pulley. "my car doesn't knock" no **** because you have no timing in it, which sky rockets the egt's. your car is a ticking timebomb because you would rather pay for your 4 wheeler every month, than spend 100 bucks and a couple hours of your time to make your car live longer.

you want to bash someone, and yet be blinded to the two sided story. yes, that's right. there is two sides to every story. you only want people to see one side. yours. not going to happen.

have fun with your 1800+ degree egt's on stock pistons. they love this ****.
im running 21* of timing with no knock, you say my car is a time bomb when said people above have both fried rings and pistons when I've never had to crack open my motor for any problems. I didnt ask anyone to tune my car for 2 years I asked them to fix what was wrong with it, might I add this is pre IC pump problems that the car didnt run right so you blaming my IC pump for the car running wrong isnt an excuse. What's his side of the story? That he was do ******* lazy to answer his phone or PM me back, thats what his side of the story isAlso I'll add that this is something that didnt happen last week, I've been holding this in for 3+ years and never said anything. It took me 3 years to save up for HPTuners so I could buy it myself.

Last edited by CobaltSS313; 09-02-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Frew
im down for it
boosted make sure you let me know about this little showdown.... plus i wanna see the Maro
Old 09-02-2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by PimpLay2
boosted make sure you let me know about this little showdown.... plus i wanna see the Maro
yah if you havent seen the Camaro that thing is just pure badass, sounds mean as hell. Also the showdown is taking place in my neck of the woods, I'm not losing my license again, big towns=more cops. There are about 3 cops on duty where I live and they only cruise the main strip.

Edit: I'm getting a new IC pump next wednesday, no charge, I love my warranty lol
Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM

probably like saturday night?
Old 09-02-2009, 03:04 PM

yah saturday would be good, we can fix the piping problem during the day and then chill at night.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:06 PM

word
Old 09-02-2009, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by PimpLay2
i got you pimp lol.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Fail Less.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IBTL
Old 09-02-2009, 05:08 PM

IMO, let's take it to the track please. None of this vag roll/highway racing.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 19transam81
im tuned by josh at ottp
I like that guy too.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:22 PM

That's fine, but my car runs faster on the street than it does at the track.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Frew
fran puts out a solid tune, hes the only person that i trust with my car besides me, Ive beat current gen mustangs, g35's, evos, stis, turbo gsr hatch, supercharged gsr, other lsjs, fully built b18b1 in a hatch, etc, etc, etc

plus hes a great guy i have a problem i come out to his area, cause hes doing me a favor, we log, he tweaks, problem solved, just last night he helped me out, we logged, got ride of some high rpm third gear knock, got ride of some partial throttle low end knock, and leaned out the car to a very conservative 11.2-11.3, i asked for this cause im currently working on building the motor, so anyone who he learned to tune from has got my vote
as a "tuner" i often see people whom lack this ideology. its nice to see people whom view this from the same perspective as i do.

onto a different subject.

i spend what ever time it takes to get the tune 100% the first time we meet up.

if the weather changes, or you mod it more, and you want a re-tune, tell me what all has changed and we'll go from there.

i will NOT move my plans around your schedule, i will NOT drive to your place / meet you any where that i dont want to go to.

and most of all, dont think i work for free. my time is worth money, i get paid vary well for what i do, thus any time spent not working is money not made....i love money.

generally i will tune a 2nd (possibly 3rd) time for free, after that, no dice.

if you, as the customer, does not offer, i will not ask. however, i will not help as well.

people generally seem to catch this drift.

im running 21* of timing with no knock, you say my car is a time bomb when said people above have both fried rings and pistons when I've never had to crack open my motor for any problems. I didnt ask anyone to tune my car for 2 years I asked them to fix what was wrong with it, might I add this is pre IC pump problems that the car didnt run right so you blaming my IC pump for the car running wrong isnt an excuse. What's his side of the story? That he was do ******* lazy to answer his phone or PM me back, thats what his side of the story isAlso I'll add that this is something that didnt happen last week, I've been holding this in for 3+ years and never said anything. It took me 3 years to save up for HPTuners so I could buy it myself.
a 2.5 @ a legit 21* is hard, real hard (to make stable)

a 2.5 @ a legit 21* with no working IC is impossible. the AIT's will sky rocket away so hard and so fast that you wont make it out of 2nd with a clean pull.

while your map might say your commanding 21*. There are multiple ways to alter that driven number, one of those ways, probably AIT control, is dropping your timeing mark to drivable amounts.

well, that and burst KR control.....

or the worst, yet surprisingly common way to make that set up work, alter the knock sensor sensitivity. that's something i'm seeing more and more.

Last edited by 06black; 09-02-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2009, 06:12 PM

I <3 Term, 06black, and Shaun the mossssstesttttt.

can't forget Area47 either.

Last edited by Rissa; 09-02-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Who are the top 5 tuners on the site?