Tuning For tuning and related discussions

Who are the top 5 tuners on the site?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI Luigi, I ran the same tune as you. You had plenty more mods than I, exhaust, cooling, etc.

Yet I still ran a second or more times than you. Said car about holding street tire time was me, with only 500 dollars into the car 4 years ago.

You out of the 14's yet? Only been 3-4 years...
Old 09-01-2009, 09:57 PM

heres what everyone wanted!!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fred @ SMG
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM

callin this thread a fail, no punches thrown, no real evidence backing the nominated tuners. top things off the real good guys rather shake hands and compliment each other, then buttin heads and trying to out do each other. then some of the real good tuners on the site are sittin back reading this and saying i want no part of this cause i don't need the b.s. that is involved with been good at what they do. from what i understand there are some really good tuners on this site. no disrespect to any of them. remember the really good tuners will push for better #'s and if they are having problems they will ask some respected tuners for help. epic fail
Old 09-02-2009, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by WSFrazier
FYI Luigi, I ran the same tune as you. You had plenty more mods than I, exhaust, cooling, etc.

Yet I still ran a second or more times than you. Said car about holding street tire time was me, with only 500 dollars into the car 4 years ago.

You out of the 14's yet? Only been 3-4 years...
x2. Don't blame your failure when it comes to driving, on your tuner. I ran better times than that guy did on a 3" pulley and a short throw shifter, what does that tell you?
Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
callin this thread a fail, no punches thrown, no real evidence backing the nominated tuners. top things off the real good guys rather shake hands and compliment each other, then buttin heads and trying to out do each other. then some of the real good tuners on the site are sittin back reading this and saying i want no part of this cause i don't need the b.s. that is involved with been good at what they do. from what i understand there are some really good tuners on this site. no disrespect to any of them. remember the really good tuners will push for better #'s and if they are having problems they will ask some respected tuners for help. epic fail
Time slips, that is all.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:43 AM

area
06black
06blackg85
fast98
and the pittsburgh crew

all make me wonder if i was born with the same size brain they were. they tell me stuff, i write it down, it works.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Witt
This guy I'm quoting is the reason most tuners in this area won't be bothered anymore.

What this guy forgets to mention is the same tune used on his car was used on a near identical car that held the fastest street tired LSJ time on this site for over a year while this guy couldn't break out of the 14s.

I did laugh about the "I put parts on my car and trying to get a hold of him was impossible" part. This guy thought Dan owed him free retunes whenever he wanted without question on Dan's time, anytime.
I couldnt get ahold of him to get a retune let alone pay him money, why should I pay him more money if my car doesnt run right, knocks at the top of 3rd and runs lean as ****. The only thing I added to my car after dan originally tuned it was my header. All you guys congregate in your little crowd...you, dan, wes and some others and you dont want to bother with anyone else. If I'm paying money I want my **** to run right, I'm not gonna pay you more money not to fix the ******* problem. It had nothing to do with my track times my car didn't run right period track or street. Dan you came to my house once to unlock my car did 3 pulls down the road, you tuned the car and left, if thats you explaination of a tune then sorry that's not what I wanted. The second time you met me at Delmont which is half way, you adjusted some timing cause my car had been knocking, took about a half hour and left. The only thing I'll give you credit for was helping me with my knock problem with the dampner thats about it. I go to the track maybe 2 or 3 times a year, I didnt say I was the best driver, I know I'm not. The car runs awesome on the street, I beat a mustang that ran a 13.6 at the track, I've never come close to running that at the track, my best time was a 13.8 @ 104 which was 2 years ago before certain parts were added to my car and never retuned cause you didnt answer my PMs or phone calls, maybe I get nervous at the track because I know what my car should run and it never does, maybe I have trouble launching. As far as cooling I have option B with an IC Pump that doesnt work, hasnt for some time now. You can say what you want, gang up on me but when my tuner opened you file for my car he said nothing else needs to be said. All yinz can bash all you want you can have your circle jerk out on Rt 30 and at BWW for all I give a ****. I'm not the first person that has been outcasted by you ***** because your too cool. I've talked to people who know you dan they said you attitude towards other people are, and I quote "I dont give a **** it's not my car" just to get people outta your hair and not be bothered.

Who said they wanted a war?

x2. Don't blame your failure when it comes to driving, on your tuner. I ran better times than that guy did on a 3" pulley and a short throw shifter, what does that tell you?.
What does my driving have anything to do with my car knocking and running lean as **** and pulling timing?

Last edited by CobaltSS313; 09-02-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2009, 01:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hatrickstu
area
06black
06blackg85
fast98
and the pittsburgh crew

all make me wonder if i was born with the same size brain they were. they tell me stuff, i write it down, it works.
from wat i here thats some of the best

i'd rock one of their tunes
Old 09-02-2009, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by drew1991sf
i would say Zach06CobaltSC is good, doesnt get a lot of attention on this site as some of the other tunes but he does good work

im with this guy he is really good he did mine
Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
area
06black
06blackg85
fast98
and the pittsburgh crew

so when are you going to get into this whole tuning business, stu?
Old 09-02-2009, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by revolution607@yahoo.
so when are you going to get into this whole tuning business, stu?
i do light tweaking from stuff ive just picked up gradually with HPT, none of which would have been possible without assistance from all 5 of the people i mentioned
Old 09-02-2009, 02:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i do light tweaking from stuff ive just picked up gradually with HPT, none of which would have been possible without assistance from all 5 of the people i mentioned
you should come back to el paso and tune my car.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS313
I couldnt get ahold of him to get a retune let alone pay him money, why should I pay him more money if my car doesnt run right, knocks at the top of 3rd and runs lean as ****. The only thing I added to my car after dan originally tuned it was my header. All you guys congregate in your little crowd...you, dan, wes and some others and you dont want to bother with anyone else. If I'm paying money I want my **** to run right, I'm not gonna pay you more money not to fix the ******* problem. It had nothing to do with my track times my car didn't run right period track or street. Dan you came to my house once to unlock my car did 3 pulls down the road, you tuned the car and left, if thats you explaination of a tune then sorry that's not what I wanted. The second time you met me at Delmont which is half way, you adjusted some timing cause my car had been knocking, took about a half hour and left. The only thing I'll give you credit for was helping me with my knock problem with the dampner thats about it. I go to the track maybe 2 or 3 times a year, I didnt say I was the best driver, I know I'm not. The car runs awesome on the street, I beat a mustang that ran a 13.6 at the track, I've never come close to running that at the track, my best time was a 13.8 @ 104 which was 2 years ago before certain parts were added to my car and never retuned cause you didnt answer my PMs or phone calls, maybe I get nervous at the track because I know what my car should run and it never does, maybe I have trouble launching. As far as cooling I have option B with an IC Pump that doesnt work, hasnt for some time now. You can say what you want, gang up on me but when my tuner opened you file for my car he said nothing else needs to be said. All yinz can bash all you want you can have your circle jerk out on Rt 30 and at BWW for all I give a ****. I'm not the first person that has been outcasted by you ***** because your too cool. I've talked to people who know you dan they said you attitude towards other people are, and I quote "I dont give a **** it's not my car" just to get people outta your hair and not be bothered.

What does my driving have anything to do with my car knocking and running lean as **** and pulling timing?
Hard to tune a car when the guy that owns the car won't even allow the tuner to drive and log it. We tried to show you it was the driver and not the tuner and you wouldn't allow anyone to even touch the driver's seat, at which we said, its not our problem.

Kinda funny how that same tune was running a full 2 seconds faster than your best time and yet you who has no idea how to tune a car can critisize a tuner who you came begging to for help.

You clearly have no idea what you are speaking about.

Your current tuner can bash Dan's tunes all he wants, but even with his tune, you still don't have better times than any of Dan's other tuned cars. Keep trying.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:55 AM

How can you criticize a tune, when you never even touched HPT's yourself. You really expect to bash Dan, and then all of us that ran his tune and had great success to really just ignore it?

Circle jerk on rt 30? Lol... None of use even live in Greensburg anymore, let alone even drive these Cobalt's. We've all moved on to bigger and better things.

If you want to come out to PRP sometime these next few weeks though, I will bring my girlfriends Cobalt and spank you in 2 Cobalt's. It would bring back some good memories.

Incase you've fell behind, your above 200hp and 2 years behind on these car's compared to what we've done.

At this point, it's just a pissing contest/***** flex. So let's just take it to the track. Let's see how good your current tuner is that is talking **** on Dan's.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:57 AM

Hard to tune a car when the guy that owns the car won't even allow the tuner to drive and log it. We tried to show you it was the driver and not the tuner and you wouldn't allow anyone to even touch the driver's seat, at which we said, its not our problem.

Kinda funny how that same tune was running a full 2 seconds faster than your best time and yet you who has no idea how to tune a car can critisize a tuner who you came begging to for help.

You clearly have no idea what you are speaking about.
First off I dont tune my car, I own HPTuners thats it, a friend of mine tunes my car so yes I myself might not be as tuning knowlegeable as everyone else, but I do know when the car has 3-5 points of knock at the top of 3rd at the 1000' mark my car isnt going to run as fast as it should. There is no need for anyone else to touch my car. Why does anyone have to drive my car, data log it, its not hard you sit with the labtop in the passenger seat and I drive, after watching dan and wes blow up there motors why would I let anyone else drive my car. Also might I add I had that garbage FX400 clutch from clutchmasters, I run my car at the track with 35lbs of air in the tires I run it exacltey how I run it on the street, wes ran 20lbs of air in his this being the last time I myself and all of you being at the track together. If I'm not mistaken the last time I saw dan and wes at the track all they had were drivers seats the whole car was gutted. It's kind of hard to say my tune was the same as Wes's which it wasnt, no way in hell, might have been close but at one time wes was running the speed density tune which on the dyno put down a considerable amount more TQ and his 60' times were better than mine, he had an LSD, I dont. You can say all you want but you still havent told me why my car was running lean and knocking if they were the same tune, clearly wes n dan's weren't, o gee maybe cuz they have easy access to tuning software that I dont so they fixed their problem while I got shafted. You can talk all you want about my bad driving and say it was me but it still doesnt explain the mechanical problems with the tune and my car. BTW what was you best time in you car on street tires cuz i didnt hear about it?
Old 09-02-2009, 03:06 AM

First off I dont tune my car, I own HPTuners thats it, a friend of mine tunes my car so yes I myself might not be as tuning knowlegeable as everyone else, but I do know when the car has 3-5 points of knock at the top of 3rd at the 1000' mark my car isnt going to run as fast as it should. There is no need for anyone else to touch my car. Why does anyone have to drive my car, data log it, its not hard you sit with the labtop in the passenger seat and I drive, after watching dan and wes blow up there motors why would I let anyone else drive my car. Also might I add I had that garbage FX400 clutch from clutchmasters, I run my car at the track with 35lbs of air in the tires I run it exacltey how I run it on the street, wes ran 20lbs of air in his this being the last time I myself and all of you being at the track together. If I'm not mistaken the last time I saw dan and wes at the track all they had were drivers seats the whole car was gutted. It's kind of hard to say my tune was the same as Wes's which it wasnt, no way in hell, might have been close but at one time wes was running the speed density tune which on the dyno put down a considerable amount more TQ and his 60' times were better than mine, he had an LSD, I dont. You can say all you want but you still havent told me why my car was running lean and knocking if they were the same tune, clearly wes n dan's weren't, o gee maybe cuz they have easy access to tuning software that I dont so they fixed their problem while I got shafted. You can talk all you want about my bad driving and say it was me but it still doesnt explain the mechanical problems with the tune and my car. BTW what was you best time in you car on street tires cuz i didnt hear about it?
If your new tuner is so good, why aren't your times better than any of Dan's car's times when those cars had 600 dollars in modifications?

Do you forget I was running times a full second better with nothing than GM Stage 2 and a short throw shifter on an open differential and stock clutch. You can make excuses all you want, we knew it was only a matter of time until you waited until you thought Dan was off this forum to start bashing him for your failure you call driving.

Last edited by Witt; 09-02-2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2009, 03:09 AM

If your new tuner is so good, why aren't your times better than any of Dan's car's times when those cars had 600 dollars in modifications?
Havent been to the track since buying HPTuners. You think I have to sit here and explain, your tunes might have been close but you have had hptuners alot longer before I did. Dont tell me you didnt sit there and tweak everything until you pushed your car to the limit, all of you lived within a half hour of each other, you met up all the time tuning to what would work best, if you think for one second that my tune was an identical copy of wes's then your crazy it wasnt. If it was the same tune then he would have experienced the same problems as me which he clearly didnt. Must I repeat driver error does not explain knocking and running lean, idc who drives my car it would happen to you too. Congrats on fast track times if thats what you want me to say but still doesnt fix the problems I had. I could care less if dan is off the forum, point is I had a problem with my tune that he put on my car, and this forum talks you up like your tuning gods and can walk on water, so what you're saying is you ran a 12.8 which would be a full 1 second faster than my fastest time on a GM stage 2 and STS. You keep going back to track times, every driver is different so how can you compare something that varies in every car, now I know you gonna say well you tune was the same but whatever. You still have yet to answer my knock problem and the car running lean.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by cobaltss313
havent been to the track since buying hptuners. You think i have to sit here and explain, your tunes might have been close but you have had hptuners alot longer before i did. Dont tell me you didnt sit there and tweak everything until you pushed your car to the limit, all of you lived within a half hour of each other, you met up all the time tuning to what would work best, if you think for one second that my tune was an identical copy of wes's then your crazy it wasnt. If it was the same tune then he would have experienced the same problems as me which he clearly didnt. Must i repeat driver error does not explain knocking and running lean, idc who drives my car it would happen to you too. Congrats on fast track times if thats what you want me to say but still doesnt fix the problems i had. I could care less if dan is off the forum, point is i had a problem with my tune that he put on my car, and this forum talks you up like your tuning gods and can walk on water, so what you're saying is you ran a 12.8 which would be a full 1 second faster than my fastest time on a gm stage 2 and sts.
Originally Posted by djt81185
i charged you my cost $100 bucks + i believe $50 bucks. Then you wanted retunes for every part free and i drove out to your house atleast twice which was over 30 miles away. Also when i went to the track i spent more time retuning peoples cars (up to 4 cars at 1 point) then i spent on my own car.

Also that timing map...is a modified version of rob archer's timing table...setup for more low end timing ramp...incase you forgot he was first into the 12s. It doesnt need to look fancy or smooth to be fast...the map was designed to make the timing a set value and run the edge of what u can run timing wise on pump...to do that it had to be set up that way. Please learn what you are talking about before you bash me and remember how much i tried to help you for the 50 bucks i charged you...and diagnosing your false knock from the ingall's etc...

While i'm at it...i tuned you when most people charged 400 for a tune (1 tune)...and dynamic maf control wasnt even into hpt and we had to tune fueling with pe enhance...the dynamic maf table didnt come out for almost 2 years after i tuned you...the tune was fast and worked for what we had at the time...ask all the people who ran it that i gave it to for nothing. It was a 1/4 mile tune that worked on the street.

I was just gonna quote this but i added my thoughts above.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:18 AM

Tell you what, trade your blue car in for this orange car. It has less into it, but guaranteed to get you your time slips you've been after for 2 years. Even has a built motor with other goodies that are included at no extra cost.

http://www.taylorlancaster.com/used-...seHistory=true

All your problems will be solved.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:20 AM

Tell you what, trade your blue car in for this orange car. It has less into it, but guaranteed to get you your time slips you've been after for 2 years. Even has a built motor with other goodies that are included at no extra cost.

http://www.taylorlancaster.com/used-...seHistory=true

All your problems will be solved.
No it'll get me the tune that I've been after for 2 years thanks to all the help from you dan and witt. Like I said you keep going back to track times track times are a pissing contest, all I wanted was my car to run right with no problems you guys couldnt even give me that. So blame my driving but it doesnt explain how poorly my car was tuned. Oh and I find it so ironic that I never see you guys post ever anymore but one bash and you all must have texted each other and got on SS.net, so cute, glad to see your all still a tight knit group.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:38 AM

No it'll get me the tune that I've been after for 2 years thanks to all the help from you dan and witt. Like I said you keep going back to track times track times are a pissing contest, all I wanted was my car to run right with no problems you guys couldnt even give me that. So blame my driving but it doesnt explain how poorly my car was tuned. Oh and I find it so ironic that I never see you guys post ever anymore but one bash and you all must have texted each other and got on SS.net, so cute, glad to see your all still a tight knit group.
We don't post anymore because none of us own these car's anymore? Not to mention how fail this website is.

We belong to private forum where people still have Cobalt's and we help them out. I actually flew to California twice to build the LSJ motor's.

Someone saw your post bashing Dan and told us. Hence where we are now. What do you expect us to do when you start bashing Dan.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:07 AM

We don't post anymore because none of us own these car's anymore? Not to mention how fail this website is.

We belong to private forum where people still have Cobalt's and we help them out. I actually flew to California twice to build the LSJ motor's.

Someone saw your post bashing Dan and told us. Hence where we are now. What do you expect us to do when you start bashing Dan.
Listen congrats on everything that goin for you, im glad you all hang out, talk, chill or whatever you do, talk about me behind you backs and then befriend me when it's face to face, but it's still the fact my car didnt run right. No matter how many times you say they were the same tune idc, dan clearly took more time on your car than he took on my car. The clutch itself in my car killed my times and you yourself know that, the FX400 was garbage, it took me awhile to save $1100 cash and buy the Exedy I dont have any credit cards that I can just swipe to buy stuff. Sorry but when I'm paying someone my money to tune my car I expect it to run right, track times yes that's a different story but as for on the street most definately. When you buy a car and it doesnt run right you take it to where you bought it and say hey this isnt running right fix it, same goes for tuning, if you **** it up you better god damn well fix it. He had his oppourtunity to fix it I called and called, PM after PM, my VIN is on his software like wtf do you expect me to do. After his initial tune if thats what you wanna call it, he wasnt even close to being helpful. As far as money he never once gave me a price other than the $100 to unlock and $50 I gave him, so dont say I didnt pay him when he never asked for money in the first place. I've dealt with how my car ran for a long time before I ever said anything, mainly cause i hadn't gotten on in a long time and still tried to remain in contact with Dan but never had a response. What do you want me to say yah he was the most convienient guy, he always answered me was real mind set on fixing what was wrong with my car, no he was the complete opposite. If it wasn't you, al, or himself he didnt wanna be bothered.

Last edited by CobaltSS313; 09-02-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Wow what a tool
Old 09-02-2009, 09:46 AM

I learned how to toon from these guys dood. chill out. ps, i ran a 13.3 at 109 and change on streets. actually my buddy's 2006 cobalt does randomly knock and run lean. he brings it in we tweak and he goes back out and beats people. It still remains that your car has yet to trap near 110, so bashing dan's tune is kinda like making fun of Tito Ortiz. HE will kill you in a race (if he still had an LSJ)

And if you want to know why you have KR maybe its cuz your on a 2.5" pulley without meth and without a working intercooler pump.

Last edited by BoostedYards86; 09-02-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2009, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by BoostedYards86
I learned how to toon from these guys dood. chill out. ps, i ran a 13.3 at 109 and change on streets. actually my buddy's 2006 cobalt does randomly knock and run lean. he brings it in we tweak and he goes back out and beats people. It still remains that your car has yet to trap near 110, so bashing dan's tune is kinda like making fun of Tito Ortiz. HE will kill you in a race (if he still had an LSJ)

And if you want to know why you have KR maybe its cuz your on a 2.5" pulley without meth and without a working intercooler pump.
My car runs better now with a broken IC pump and the 2.5" pulley than it ever did on dan's tune. I havent seen knock in over 4 months, if it wasnt random ok maybe but it was a everyday everytime I'm at the track or I'm on the road thing. Maybe if he made a half decent attempt to help me fix my problem I wouldnt be so pissed off but he didnt, he pretty much told me to go **** myself. ps my fastest trap was 106.7 not that it matters, listen I know I'm not the best driver but the car still didnt run right. You yourself said Fran that your said buddy who had random knock and running lean, that he'd bring it in and you'd tweak it, how am I suppose to bring it in for him if he never answer's his phone or PM's.

Quick Reply: Who are the top 5 tuners on the site?