Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/)
-   -   06 SS/SC vs 05 Saleen Mustang S281 (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/06-ss-sc-vs-05-saleen-mustang-s281-33398/)

Yodair8 09-26-2006 12:18 PM

What a stupid thread. Sorry to the orig poster. Duece Duece, regardless of any personal dilemma creating an animosity so great you chose to unload on an online forum, about two brothers racing in a straight line on an open road..., go grab your favorite movie, chill the FUCK out. Pray about it, and find a better venue to vent. Your reply was in ill-taste, and not appropriate for this thread.

picmahweji 09-26-2006 12:32 PM

richard simmons drives a jetta....google it...

bigd2114 09-26-2006 04:24 PM

a regular jetta

LI Black G85 09-26-2006 04:28 PM

Ok a few things here. Yes street racing is illegal, and yes it's "unsafe" to drive fast. I'm not a lil kid here and I know what i'm doing. Dueceduece we were on a road where absolutely no one was, we even made passes down it first to make sure. And I'm not one of those guys racing because of a stupid movie. I'd be more then happy to keep it to a track, but there aren't any around here. I'm not the person stomping the gas at every light and racing anything with wheels. Not to mention my brother is a COP.

DanJHartman we were on the road that leads to Hecksher (sp) State Park. Made two passes each way and it was completely clear.

Also, the S281 is more then a GT, much more. The car has different pullies, full racing suspension, better exhaust and different ECU. It's not too much faster then a GT but it is still faster. GT has 300 horse, S281 has 325.

Last thing. I'm not the only one talking about racing, so why the fuck am I the target of your bullshit?

mike_06_SS 09-26-2006 04:29 PM

idiot

Originally Posted by DeuceDeuce41
You're a fucking idiot. What is wrong with people who think it's safe to drive cars at that speed. You'll kill yourself, or even worse, someone else. And hopefully you'd die with them, because I think it would be the worst feeling of guilt knowing that you cut some innocent person's life short, just so you could be a jackass.

I can't wait until cobaltss.net moves to ban any kind of illegal racing talk.

Keep your racing on the track.

You probly won't get this anytime soon, Because you're probably at wal-mart right now in line to get the first copy of Tokyo Drift.

ITS FUNNY HOW HE TALKS ABOUT SPEED WITH THAT TYPE OF A SIGNATURE! YOUR FREAKING A**!! TAKE YOUR JETTA AND GET THE F**K OFF COBALTSS.NET!

leviticus88 09-26-2006 05:06 PM

You would probably be a little bit more cautious if you were the one making the payments.

And you would have a much different idea if you knew people killed by people driving like idiots. Sorry if I get pissed off at ignorance.

If there isn't anyone else around and no chance of inncent people getting hurt, I say go for it just don't be stupid. If he dies, well, then he dies. He knew the risk when he decided to race. You on the other hand act as if youve never done anything wrong, or stupid... Which I doubt.

PS: A motorcycle passed me doing 100+ and ran off the road and into a wall. I held is hand as he screamed will the ambulance came, he broke both his legs and may never walk again. But, it was his decision, not very smart but only he got hurt...

Please be respectful when you post, I would rather hear your input then have you banned for some stupid reason. By the way, nice sig!

To the thread starter, good runs! please be safe and smart about racing.

LandonElf 09-26-2006 05:21 PM

Nice race LI Black, i have been researching Mustang GT vs SS/SC runs and this has been one of the first decisive outcomes.

I am in a similar situation with my best friends 00 Camaro SS. Sure he beats me everytime, but every race i do a little better or at least learn something different about my car. Hopefully after exhaust, headers and a suspension mod or two, i will be in his ball-park.

But regardless of how many times i have lost, i have made a beleiver out of him with my 20K dollar four cylinder. He is desparelty trying to sell his camaro for an 07 SS/SC.

Keep us updated with any future races. I bet after stage 2 that things will be different.

mezzanno 09-26-2006 06:30 PM

You're a fucking idiot. What is wrong with people who think it's safe to drive cars at that speed. You'll kill yourself, or even worse, someone else. And hopefully you'd die with them, because I think it would be the worst feeling of guilt knowing that you cut some innocent person's life short, just so you could be a jackass.

I can't wait until cobaltss.net moves to ban any kind of illegal racing talk.

Keep your racing on the track.

You probly won't get this anytime soon, Because you're probably at wal-mart right now in line to get the first copy of Tokyo Drift.

if you don't like it get lost. They raced on a clear road and seem to be level headed. Its dumbasses like this guy i saw on the way to work today that blew a light doing only 30mph well within the speed limit, that almost cause a 6 car pile up and was lucky he didn't cause an accident. Or another time i was going to work early in the morning about 5am. Nobody on the road and i hit a red light. As im waiting at a dead stop a stupid fuckin honda accord drills me from behind at 50. Both cars wrecked and i ended up in the hospital. There was no illegal race involed just some fuckin jerk off driver. It all comes down to the people being smart about when they race and knowing if its safe or not to go and to shut it down before it gets dangerous. Keeping it on the track here on LI is very hard because we don't have a track. And fuck walmart because they're non union.

MrRumble 09-26-2006 07:21 PM

Wow, I understand some folks are upset by the harshness of his words as the initial post... but what's with the immaturity of the Cobalt owners bashing a VW/Jetta? What does that directly have to do with anything?

If anything, he's demonstrating that he actually gives a care about the safety of all of you out on the road.

True that the insulting was unnecessary, but look at the big picture...

Xenozx 09-26-2006 07:45 PM

"Shit happends, wipe it and move on"

People die. Does it suck? Yes. If its your time, its your time. Does that mean you should NEVER take a risk and ALWAYS worry about the consequences? no... Its called quality of life. Its great if you can live to 130 years old, if you did nothing but sit in a chair durring that time frame cause you where too scared to go outside in fear of your life, then that 130 years was worthless....

Accidents happen. You can never fully protect yourself from the unexpected. Things you dont plan for will happen, you are not god and you cant gurantee w/ 100% acc that it will not happen.

You can just as easily die doing the speed limit down an empty road as doing 150 MPH down the same road. Street racing is illegal, and you should proceed at your own risk. if your on an empty stretch of high way or what ever I say go for it. Thers a video of some muscle car and a Jetta flying through rush hour traffic. that I would understand someone getting upset about. They where endangering 100's of lives, where 2 cars on an empty stretch of road is safe IMO and only endangering themselves.

Let people do them. No ones perfect. Everyones entitled to their opinion. I respect DD for the fact he worries about others, and life in general, but at the same time I think he is taking it a tad overboard.

DeuceDeuce41 09-27-2006 08:11 AM

Thanks to some of you guys for being a little mature and seeing where I'm coming from.. Xenozx, Mr Rumble and Vandy. Sorry if I offended anyone with the words I selected, I only did so knowing it ould at least grab some attention, and not just get browsed over. And apparently it worked. Unfortunately, some of the community would rather be too immature to take the thoughts I had serisouly. I was only looking out for you and the people whose lives you could affect.

superSS/SC 09-27-2006 11:07 AM

Thanks to some of you guys for being a little mature and seeing where I'm coming from.. Xenozx, Mr Rumble and Vandy. Sorry if I offended anyone with the words I selected, I only did so knowing it ould at least grab some attention, and not just get browsed over. And apparently it worked. Unfortunately, some of the community would rather be too immature to take the thoughts I had serisouly. I was only looking out for you and the people whose lives you could affect.

We all have or had parents, we don't need you lecturing us especially in the matter you did it. Next time you get the brilliant idea that you are better than anybody on here or that you should "look out" for us, get out of your computer chair and run full speed into the closest wall.

Also nobody is going to take your thoughts seriously because they have no foundation of FACTS.

DeuceDeuce41 09-27-2006 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by SuperSS/SC
We all have or had parents, we don't need you lecturing us especially in the matter you did it. Next time you get the brilliant idea that you are better than anybody on here or that you should "look out" for us, get out of your computer chair and run full speed into the closest wall.

Also nobody is going to take your thoughts seriously because they have no foundation of FACTS.

Whoa, chill bro.. I posted this a while ago.

Case in point, I found these on THIS forum with about 5 minutes of searching..

Officer Killed
Cobalt Member Killed
Motorcyclist killed in streetrace (go figure)
SRT-4 vs. Cobalt

leviticus88 09-27-2006 05:04 PM

It's nice that you care, we all care but you shouldn't be so harsh.

Fueledpassion 09-27-2006 05:14 PM

Well, here's the way I see the whole street racing/fast driving situation...

It's one of those things that NO MATTER WHAT you think, say or do against these types of drivers...there's always gonna be more, more, more. For every 1 driver you prevent from ever street racing again, there are 2 more being introduced. In all honesty, if you have a faster than average car...your more likely to be interested in the street racing than not. It's useless to tell someone how wrong or dangerous something is-->they'll have to figure it out themselves (If it really is). With that said, newer cars are far more capable of handling higher speeds and slowing those speeds down as well. My .2 cents.

xxdarkbladexx 09-27-2006 05:29 PM

Yeah sure..You came on this post with the intention to piss people off you dont care whether you made your point you just thought it was funny to go on a website dedicated to cobalts and be an asshole, i bet some prick did the same thing to you and you just came over here copied his words from a website thats prolly like www.VWSTREETRACING.com quit being a prick, And if you wanna talk about maturity, the mature thing would have been to bite your lip and just ignore what they do.

superSS/SC 09-27-2006 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by xxdarkbladexx
Yeah sure..You came on this post with the intention to piss people off you dont care whether you made your point you just thought it was funny to go on a website dedicated to cobalts and be an asshole, i bet some prick did the same thing to you and you just came over here copied his words from a website thats prolly like www.VWSTREETRACING.com quit being a prick, And if you wanna talk about maturity, the mature thing would have been to bite your lip and just ignore what they do.

The TRUTH!

8cd03gro 09-27-2006 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
Nice Runs... always nice to see where you're at. You'll probably give him some trouble w/ S2.

Oh, and btw, a Saleen S281 is basically a stock GT w/ a bodykit and exhaust. So for those wondering how you'll do against a Saleen S-281, go run a stock GT, and that's about how you'll do.

Now, a S-281 S/C or S-281 Extreme, on the other hand...

lol the extreme is faster than a c6 and the gt500...that thing is an under-rated monster.

DeuceDeuce41 09-28-2006 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by xxdarkbladexx

Yes, I 'just came here' with 400+ posts since 2004 (probaly before you could drive) just to piss people off.

Whatever, for those of you mature enough to get what I'm saying through the fact that obviously I view blatently unsafe driving as a silly thing, because I am certain that I'm not the only one on who has lost someone they care about due to moronic driving.. Thank you.. But if you can't, then drive however the hell you want. God forbid something would happen. It would be horrible

8cd03gro 09-28-2006 10:55 AM

Yes, I 'just came here' with 400+ posts since 2004 (probaly before you could drive) just to piss people off.

Whatever, for those of you mature enough to get what I'm saying through the fact that obviously I view blatently unsafe driving as a silly thing, because I am certain that I'm not the only one on who has lost someone they care about due to moronic driving.. Thank you.. But if you can't, then drive however the hell you want. God forbid something would happen. It would be horrible

ummm the pic in your sig going 150 with no seatbelt...? thats safe.

Tofu 09-28-2006 11:13 AM

I'm pretty sure the sig is photochopped, as it has his screen name in the center above the gear selections.

DeuceDeuce41 09-28-2006 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro

Please read the entire thread

Xenozx 09-28-2006 02:53 PM

This was previously covered...

So basically, you all are getting mad at DD, because he cares for other peoples lives. He is right. Your breaking the law, and risking your life as well as others. How are you gonna flame him for pointing out the obvious? True me may not have done it in friendly words, but he meant the result to be the same.

I mean IM probably the biggest street racer in delaware, I will race anything w/ wheels even though I know it has no chance. I still respect other peoples opinions enough to not to flame them because of their beliefs. Your probably the same type of people who persecute people based on their religion and what they look like. Your the bottom of the barrel, and I would in no way honor your opinion based on the way you react to others.

8cd03gro 09-28-2006 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Xenozx
This was previously covered...

So basically, you all are getting mad at DD, because he cares for other peoples lives. He is right. Your breaking the law, and risking your life as well as others. How are you gonna flame him for pointing out the obvious? True me may not have done it in friendly words, but he meant the result to be the same.

I mean IM probably the biggest street racer in delaware, I will race anything w/ wheels even though I know it has no chance. I still respect other peoples opinions enough to not to flame them because of their beliefs. Your probably the same type of people who persecute people based on their religion and what they look like. Your the bottom of the barrel, and I would in no way honor your opinion based on the way you react to others.

ok, so this guy comes in here yelling at a person and calling him names...i try to stick up for the person by pointing out that the guy is doing exactly the same thing (didn't notice the photoshop give away and didn't read the whole thread) and you think im the bottom of the "barrel." you need to take a look at your opinions and re-analyze them ;) .

Fueledpassion 09-29-2006 10:25 AM

lol the extreme is faster than a c6 and the gt500...that thing is an under-rated monster.

This seems to be the only post I'm interested in. When you say C6, I assume you mean the LS2 powered C6. Certainly not the LS7 powered Z06. GT500 runs 12.8 I think is what motor trend rated it at, with an overall good handling and a very streetable setup as well. What does the extreme run...mid 12's? J/W.