War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 SS/SC vs 05 Saleen Mustang S281

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SS/SC vs 05 Saleen Mustang S281

Well i finally got the chance at my brother's car today..knew i didn't have a shot but figured it would be fun. Took the cars to a light, was all clear, and went for it. He pulled on me the entire time but not as much as we expected. That damn Saleen can freakin move though..got the SS up to 110ish and he was just cruising away about 8 car lengths. So i get next to him and say my only shot is from a 30-40 roll, he agrees and we set up again. From the roll I actually pulled on him for about 5 secs giving a half a car length and was only about 2-3 car lengths at 100mph. Can't wait for Stage 2 and beyond, my goal now is to have the fastest car in the house.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:00 PM

Nice man, racing isn't always about winning. At least you had some fun and now you have a goal set for yourself... to beat the Saleen someday.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:03 PM

i always wondered about those cars. I always see them. Cool race!
Old 09-25-2006, 11:14 PM

Nice Runs... always nice to see where you're at. You'll probably give him some trouble w/ S2.

Oh, and btw, a Saleen S281 is basically a stock GT w/ a bodykit and exhaust. So for those wondering how you'll do against a Saleen S-281, go run a stock GT, and that's about how you'll do.

Now, a S-281 S/C or S-281 Extreme, on the other hand...
Old 09-25-2006, 11:21 PM

You're a ******* idiot. What is wrong with people who think it's safe to drive cars at that speed. You'll kill yourself, or even worse, someone else. And hopefully you'd die with them, because I think it would be the worst feeling of guilt knowing that you cut some innocent person's life short, just so you could be a jackass.

I can't wait until cobaltss.net moves to ban any kind of illegal racing talk.

Keep your racing on the track.

You probly won't get this anytime soon, Because you're probably at wal-mart right now in line to get the first copy of Tokyo Drift.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by DeuceDeuce41
You're a ******* idiot. What is wrong with people who think it's safe to drive cars at that speed. You'll kill yourself, or even worse, someone else, and hopefully you'd die with them, because I think it would be the worst feelin of guilt knowing that you cut some innocent person's life short, just so you could be a jackass.

wow, go home and never bother anyone again...you think people care about your opinion when you start with 'you're a ******* idiot?'

edit: its not very kind to wish pain upon someone else, regardless of reasoning. Everyone has fun sometimes, even I do, I have been up to 120 mph (on the highway) but its honestly not hard to drive at those speeds in a straight line .
Old 09-25-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by campo165
wow, go home and never bother anyone again...you think people care about your opinion when you start with 'you're a ******* idiot?'

edit: its not very kind to wish pain upon someone else, regardless of reasoning. Everyone has fun sometimes, even I do, I have been up to 120 mph (on the highway) but its honestly not hard to drive at those speeds in a straight line .
You would probably be a little bit more cautious if you were the one making the payments.

And you would have a much different idea if you knew people killed by people driving like idiots. Sorry if I get pissed off at ignorance.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Banned

You're a ******* idiot. What is wrong with people who think it's safe to drive cars at that speed. You'll kill yourself, or even worse, someone else. And hopefully you'd die with them, because I think it would be the worst feeling of guilt knowing that you cut some innocent person's life short, just so you could be a jackass.

You probly won't get this anytime soon, Because you're probably at wal-mart right now in line to get the first copy of Tokyo Drift.
You drive the GAYEST CAR IN AMERICA!!! http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...uy-winner.html

Old 09-25-2006, 11:53 PM

deucedeuce needs to go byebye. i think the first rule in these forums is to not call each other names like that. youre taking it a little far man. CHILL!!! he said the road was clear, which means that there was no one around to get killed except for himself!!! if he wants to do that then let him. he doesnt need or want your crude bashing. if you dont agree then say so, but in a civilized manner, not like an unintelligent person would. its funny you automatically assume he doesnt pay for his car just cause he raced it... nice one. i race, A LOT, and i make that payment every single month. because of that, the car is mine to do what i please with.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 PM

what he said...ditto that...X's 2.....there are many people out there who liek to feel the excitement of going fast but in a responsible manner....i know smoking is dangerous to ones health and the ones around him.her, however i dont walk up to that complete stranger who i dont know and start cutting him down and being disrespectful simply cause he smokes...i respect the fact that its his life and he chooses what he wants to do with it. Just as you shoudl respect the fact that its his car and he can choose what he wants. I rarely rarely race but when i do its with my buddies on a safe road..that is clear...no cops....no pedestrians....and in all honesty...120 is nothing....ur car still handles smooth ( at least in cobalts) and its not hard to handle...if u really get steamed reading these forums about speed...then u have the choice to read and not respond..or jsut leave ...with that said...and on another note back to the purpose of this forum is...good luck man with beating that saleen..give it time....as for me...my frist paycheck alwasy goes towards car and insurance and the second one goes towards the car and food and gas...this month i went with appearance so i got my tint...custom license plate..carbon fiber fuel and engine covers..carbon fiber licsnse plate frame...carbon wing for the ss...and an air freshener lol..next month i beging saving for strut...intake..and stage 2...woo
Old 09-26-2006, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by superSS/SC
You drive the GAYEST CAR IN AMERICA!!! http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...uy-winner.html

First off, you need to grow up. I dont feel the need to make fun of your car, this is your forum. But I openly invite you to post that on something like www.vwvortex.com

In fact, there are heaps of SSnet treads against the car bashing you enjoy doing.

Also, I dont mind using harsh words if it would get someone's attention, and maybe make them think a little bit before the next time they decide to so something asenine like excessively speeding.

Case in point, I found these on THIS forum with about 5 minutes of searching..

Officer Killed
Cobalt Member Killed
Motorcyclist killed in streetrace (go figure)
SRT-4 vs. Cobalt
Old 09-26-2006, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You would probably be a little bit more cautious if you were the one making the payments.

And you would have a much different idea if you knew people killed by people driving like idiots. Sorry if I get pissed off at ignorance.
+1...I have to agree with ya on that!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, you need to grow up. I dont feel the need to make fun of your car, this is your forum. But I openly invite you to post that on something like www.vwvortex.com
Then why are you on here? Trust me, them wanting to street race isn't going to change by you bashing them. So if we went there, we wouldn't find jack **** about your Vee Dub buddies street racing though? Unless of course it is banned, which is what I am to assume since you said it needs to be done here.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 AM

I find it quite funny that he is talking about driving fast when his sig has a pic of his speedo going 150mph+ and isn't even wearing his seat belt. Gotta love a hypocrite
Old 09-26-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by godsfshrmn
I find it quite funny that he is talking about driving fast when his sig has a pic of his speedo going 150mph+ and isn't even wearing his seat belt. Gotta love a hypocrite

I'm pretty sure it couldn't be any more obvious that it's a photoshop
Old 09-26-2006, 09:33 AM

So you dis going fast, yet you take the time to photoshop your speedo to look like you go fast? Someone needs to graduate from their training wheels, grow some *****, and try to pass grandma doing 75mph on the interstate.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:37 AM

nice run!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by godsfshrmn
So you dis going fast, yet you take the time to photoshop your speedo to look like you go fast? Someone needs to graduate from their training wheels, grow some *****, and try to pass grandma doing 75mph on the interstate.
yeah well that, or it's blatently a joke for people who like cars, note things like low mileage, cold engine and no seatbelt.. not things that are associated with high speeds. I guess you don't get it.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 AM

dude some people will never learn things untill they are presented with a tragic situation that directly affects them, these kids arent listening to their parents or the law, so they are probably not going to listen to you. Stop wasting your energy and perhaps invest your energy into something more useful, perhaps convincing yourself that you didnt buy the biggest girl car ever in production
Old 09-26-2006, 10:17 AM

I'm from LI...what road were u on?
either way, if theres no cars around who could he have possibly killed but hiself
i see the argument from both sides, and they are both good arguments.
but
even if u are racing straight lines and empty roads, u never know where theres going to be a cop, and gettin cought at 125 would def not be good
Old 09-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Banned

In fact, there are heaps of SSnet treads against the car bashing you enjoy doing.

Also, I dont mind using harsh words if it would get someone's attention, and maybe make them think a little bit before the next time they decide to so something asenine like excessively speeding.

Case in point, I found these on THIS forum with about 5 minutes of searching..

Officer Killed
Cobalt Member Killed
Motorcyclist killed in streetrace (go figure)
SRT-4 vs. Cobalt
Why do I need to grow up??? It is a FACT, you drive the GAYEST car out there. I just posted it and hurt your feelers. You know jack **** about the scenario the thread starter was in and you know jack **** about street racing. So once again STFU, especially driving the GAYEST CAR, your opinion only matters on what shoes I should wear with what shirt.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:23 AM

ALSO IT WOULD never hit 150+ cause they are soooooo slow
Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 AM

Deuce Deuce you are out of line my friend. While street racing is completely ignorant we all fall to the temptation once in a while. The only thing you can do is try to provide yourself with optimally safe conditions.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 AM

lock this up b4 it gets worse!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigd2114
ALSO IT WOULD never hit 150+ cause they are soooooo slow
What would never hit 150+???

Quick Reply: 06 SS/SC vs 05 Saleen Mustang S281