War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 SS/SC vs 05 Saleen Mustang S281

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a waste of webspace.

People will always disagree, tough **** thats life.

We are all free to have an opinion but to come on forum and then post your anti-street racing bullshit on a racing thread is ******* stupid.

Your whining isn't going to make anyone stop doing it so don't try to hold everyone who races off the track responsible for other morons mistakes.

There is a big difference between smart street racing and dumb ass street racing.

I do feel sorry for people who were innocently killed by people street racing. But on the other side of the coin alot of the street racing deathes we hear about were because of a stupid ass behind the wheel.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway about the race I think you should have been able to keep up a little better. The S281 Saleen has troubles keeping up with a stock GT.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fueledpassion
This seems to be the only post I'm interested in. When you say C6, I assume you mean the LS2 powered C6. Certainly not the LS7 powered Z06. GT500 runs 12.8 I think is what motor trend rated it at, with an overall good handling and a very streetable setup as well. What does the extreme run...mid 12's? J/W.

they can run very low 12's and sometimes into the 11's stock, they are BEASTS. people just dont realize how fast it is. they make 550hp and are far lighter than the gt500. granted they cost close to 70 grand...i would save up and buy one of these over a gt500 or a c6 any day, it is just so rare and damn fast!
Old 09-29-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
they can run very low 12's and sometimes into the 11's stock, they are BEASTS. people just dont realize how fast it is. they make 550hp and are far lighter than the gt500. granted they cost close to 70 grand...i would save up and buy one of these over a gt500 or a c6 any day, it is just so rare and damn fast!
FWIW, the GT500 has gone 12.2@117 bone stock.

That's not to say that it's close to the C6 Z06, though. The Z is superior in virtually every performance category.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blainestang

That's not to say that it's close to the C6 Z06, though. The Z is superior in virtually every performance category.

I would love to see someone not paid by Ford or a magazine get a 12.2 out of the GT500.

And the Z06 is superior to the GT500 in every category. Using the term " virtualy " would mean it was better in one place or another.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by codyss
What a waste of webspace.

People will always disagree, tough **** thats life.

We are all free to have an opinion but to come on forum and then post your anti-street racing bullshit on a racing thread is ******* stupid.

Your whining isn't going to make anyone stop doing it so don't try to hold everyone who races off the track responsible for other morons mistakes.

There is a big difference between smart street racing and dumb ass street racing.

I do feel sorry for people who were innocently killed by people street racing. But on the other side of the coin alot of the street racing deathes we hear about were because of a stupid ass behind the wheel.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:43 PM

the z06 isnt even in the same category as the gt500. the gt500 is a high performance muscle car, the z06 is a super car... when someone says c6, they mean c6. When someones says z06, they mean z06. And btw, s281E vs GT500 with equal drivers = gt500 getting raped in the bum. This is coming from a mustang owner too, so i am not hating on the gt500. With mods the gt500 is a ******* beast, just look at evolution performance gt500, it made 578RWHP and 585RWTQ with just a smaller pulley, exhaust, tune and intake. it runs mid tens...now that is a z06 killer. Stock for stock tho...its s281E all the way.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:16 AM

You do know though that a Mustang will only be compared to the Z06 in a straight line. However, on Mustang's behalf...the GT500 WAS comparable to the C6 Z51 Vette, just not quite as good when considering ALL of the aspects of performance. Regardless, I'd have a Z06 over any of those especially if I planned to mod the cars. Z06 has alot more displacement and a very snazzy suspension. There's just alot more to work with on the 06 Z06 as compared to almost any other sports/super car. Only other domestic car I'd say that has comparable potential is the Ford GT.

I also had no idea the GT500 could run 12.2 either. Especially since motortrend usually has the lowest numbers (since the drivers are professional). Motortrend claims something like 12.8-12.9, with a low 4 sec 0-60mph. Still, 12.2 is good stock--hats off. Any faster and things become rather scary for a street car.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Fueledpassion
You do know though that a Mustang will only be compared to the Z06 in a straight line. However, on Mustang's behalf...the GT500 WAS comparable to the C6 Z51 Vette, just not quite as good when considering ALL of the aspects of performance. Regardless, I'd have a Z06 over any of those especially if I planned to mod the cars. Z06 has alot more displacement and a very snazzy suspension. There's just alot more to work with on the 06 Z06 as compared to almost any other sports/super car. Only other domestic car I'd say that has comparable potential is the Ford GT.

I also had no idea the GT500 could run 12.2 either. Especially since motortrend usually has the lowest numbers (since the drivers are professional). Motortrend claims something like 12.8-12.9, with a low 4 sec 0-60mph. Still, 12.2 is good stock--hats off. Any faster and things become rather scary for a street car.

actually if i planned to mod i'd go gt500. A very strong block with forced induction from the factory gives it he biggest bang for the buck mod wise. with just a tune and a smaller blower pulley the evolution gt500 went 10.9. If you could find a gt500 that is actually near msrp (not going to happen for a while) you'd have a brand new, 4 passenger, ten second car for around 50 grand. that is pretty much unbeatable.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:36 AM

I can see your point. Let's just realize that all these cars are bad ass and it's merely preference on which one each individual should drive. I like certain Mustang's...just not as much as Vette's. You might be able to say differently though. So let's just say it's an arguable topic that will never be completely agreed upon.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:18 PM

The worst action a responsible caring person can take is inaction.

Thanks for stepping up and blasting the kiddo's fror street raceing.

Go to sanctiond events. Plent of amature street racing happens all over the place.

Though I will be the first to admit this car does have an inherint... irresponsibility factor when driving it. Even for someone soon to be 32!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:17 PM

I would love to see someone not paid by Ford or a magazine get a 12.2 out of the GT500.
Evan Smith (Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazine) runs awesome times in every car he drives (12.9 in a stock LS1 F-body). It's not a ploy, he's just a great driver... and I was just showing what the car is CAPABLE of, not necessarily what your average driver will run.

And the Z06 is superior to the GT500 in every category. Using the term " virtualy " would mean it was better in one place or another.
I only added "virtually" so someone didn't come in here and say... "ACTUALLY, the GT500 is faster from 30-50 when both cars are in 6th gear" or something retarded like that.

No need to be so picky about every post, Cody.

the z06 isnt even in the same category as the gt500. the gt500 is a high performance muscle car, the z06 is a super car...

when someone says c6, they mean c6. When someones says z06, they mean z06.
And when I say "C6 Z06", I mean the 6th Generation Corvette w/ the Z06 package... as opposed to the C5 Z06.

And btw, s281E vs GT500 with equal drivers = gt500 getting raped in the bum. This is coming from a mustang owner too, so i am not hating on the gt500. With mods the gt500 is a ******* beast, just look at evolution performance gt500, it made 578RWHP and 585RWTQ with just a smaller pulley, exhaust, tune and intake. it runs mid tens...now that is a z06 killer. Stock for stock tho...its s281E all the way.
$70k new Mustang? Nice car, but no thanks.

I'll build my Fox to demolish all of them in virtually every performance category, and still have enough money left over for a Turbo '03 Cobra for a Daily driver or something.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:02 PM

Evan Smith (Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazine) runs awesome times in every car he drives (12.9 in a stock LS1 F-body). It's not a ploy, he's just a great driver... and I was just showing what the car is CAPABLE of, not necessarily what your average driver will run.

I only added "virtually" so someone didn't come in here and say... "ACTUALLY, the GT500 is faster from 30-50 when both cars are in 6th gear" or something retarded like that.

And when I say "C6 Z06", I mean the 6th Generation Corvette w/ the Z06 package... as opposed to the C5 Z06.

I'll build my Fox to demolish all of them in virtually every performance category, and still have enough money left over for a Turbo '03 Cobra for a Daily driver or something.
'

^^^ Very true my friend. Preference...it's different for everyone.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:36 PM

yea... when you can build a fox to take down a z06 on a road course with enough money left over for a bike, i will give you my left nut.

you are making the stupid argument that everyone makes. "if i spend the same amount of money on this it will be faster." yea well, lets see it take down those cars in every performance category with the same luxuries and reliability of those cars. you can't do it for the price.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:42 PM

except for price...you saying that is like saying a a tt supra is superior to a toyota corolla in every performance aspect...yea no **** dude, but they aren't even in the same class.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:01 PM

yea... when you can build a fox to take down a z06 on a road course with enough money left over for a bike, i will give you my left nut.

you are making the stupid argument that everyone makes. "if i spend the same amount of money on this it will be faster." yea well, lets see it take down those cars in every performance category with the same luxuries and reliability of those cars. you can't do it for the price.
I was going to comment with a similar statement as the first section of your post...but I didn't want to drag this out. I don't think a fox could ever come close to a Z06 on a road course...which honestly..is the majority of racing (with the exception of American Drag Racing). Still though, it's all preference..and sure a few grand in a fox could beat all these cars..but it will never compare to the overall superbness of the newer Ford and Chevy sports cars. Otherwise we'd still be making those same fox bodies, instead of these new platforms, which are enhanced in performance per every generation.. and in many cases, every year.

Most arguments are created around Drag Racing, such as this one. In other countries and continents..such as all of Europe and Asia, drag racing isn't as popular..it's more road course racing, as far as manufacturers are concerned with. American manufacturers are bad about drag-queen platforms. Just something to consider before jugding the total performance of a car.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:47 PM

The Z06 is an amazing car, and I was actually going to add a disclaimer that beating a Z on a road course wouldn't be easy, but not unbeatable by a purpose-built car. Just recently, an otherwise stock Fox installed a Griggs Racing suspension, and was pulling 1.1+ G's around a roadcourse on street tires. That's beyond supercar territory with just ~$6k in suspension. Lighten it up some more, throw in an engine good for ~400whp+ (<$10k EASY), some good brakes (a guy I know has Porsche GT3 brakes on his Fox), and some supporting stuff, and the Z is going to have some serious competition... and the other Mustangs have no chance. Of course, it's not going to be as comfy as the others, but this is MY car, and I don't care. That's why I've got money left over for a DD. Someone else might prefer one of the other cars, and that's fine. Different strokes for different folks.

It's a stupid argument if you're telling the other person what THEY should have done. I only said that this is what I would do. To me, I don't care about seats embroidered with Cobras and Beryllium Orange Saleen paintjobs. If you do... buy them. I didn't say you shouldn't, or that my PREFERENCE was better, just that that's what I would do.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by DeuceDeuce41
You're a ******* idiot. What is wrong with people who think it's safe to drive cars at that speed. You'll kill yourself, or even worse, someone else. And hopefully you'd die with them, because I think it would be the worst feeling of guilt knowing that you cut some innocent person's life short, just so you could be a jackass.

I can't wait until cobaltss.net moves to ban any kind of illegal racing talk.

Keep your racing on the track.

You probly won't get this anytime soon, Because you're probably at wal-mart right now in line to get the first copy of Tokyo Drift.
You must love threads about top speeds.