War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

07 SS/SC vs. Integra Type R

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaHampster
so i got this dude talkin mad trash behind my back about my car. all i know is that he drives a yellow type r. no clue on what year though, just wondering who would win. mine is stock no clue about his, but lets just say stock for stock on this race.

There is a kid in town that drives a black teggy, and he did a T3 turbo on it. now i'm not sure what kind of setup the teggys have because i've never really liked them. but he has some ******* Mad turbo lag, it doesnt spool till about 4 grand, but when it does it ***** and git's. I'd say if you did it from a dig, and had a good launch, and didnt slip into second you'd be fine. and if you have it from a roll, try to get him to do it at like 40-45 mph... i think you will be fine tho bro.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:46 AM

Okay they run mid 14's from the factory so that puts it in the SS's category with a fine driver. The B18c5 motor is no joke, the guy who said you can't turbo them without lowering CR Ratio your wrong. With around 200 whp they will clock 13's, they weigh alot less. They do come in yellow, in fact I looking at buying a white one now. I/E/H/Hondata or Crome will get it into the 13's on street tires. Most Type R's aren't stock anyway, if you can find a stock one that hasn't been stripped or stolen your lucky. I am assuming the Type-R has some bolt-ons, I/E/H. Your toast, I am sorry those B18's respond oh so good with breather mods. He might not even have an header, ITR headers flow better than most aftermarket.

Type R>Cobalt
Old 01-15-2007, 12:00 PM

are u serious ^^^^ The type-R is a mid-to high 14 car. I think the SS/SC should take him unless dude doesnt know how to drive. I almost bought a type-R and honestly, it didnt feel quick. They are almost always modded though, so then it all depends on what he has as modds. Just race him. Oh and N/A honda's can pass SS/SC's with the right amount of $$....
Old 01-15-2007, 12:08 PM

Capable of rock bottom 14's without mods and a good driver. My money is on the ITR, he probably is hustling you too. Its in the same category as the Cobalts, but it turns better. Some Cobalt guys can get low 14's, most high 14's.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by lsj06ecotec
yeah basically thats what im saying, u can do all the k20 and h22 swaps u want and an n/a wont do much, even in a hatch or something light like a crx, u might make ur 17 sec. 1/4 mile a 14 sec. one, which is slow ...with the exception of the s2k, that n/a with a set of cams, mugen header, and spoon exhaust is pretty quick...and the nsx of course...but fk the rest of ur lil ricers, w/o a turbo, ur nothing...the same with the lsj ecotec though, w/o a s/c or a turbo these motors are nothing...just settling the arguement.....
this is the dumbest thing ive ever read! haahaha
Old 01-15-2007, 12:32 PM

buddy, I spend my weekends at the Rockingham Rsceway dragstrip and a 92-95 hatch w/ a k20 is a high 13 sec. car at best....and who street races with slicks, read the thread..u think they are going to a track....? ummm; no!
I gotta a friend that has a K20 swapped EK, he runs 13.07 on street tires and your a ******* moron.

A video of the slow NA car that can't hit 14's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhzyBSQmb_c

Here are a couple pulls in it, with 4 people in the car.

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ent=dvd2-1.flv

yeah basically thats what im saying, u can do all the k20 and h22 swaps u want and an n/a wont do much, even in a hatch or something light like a crx, u might make ur 17 sec. 1/4 mile a 14 sec. one, which is slow ...with the exception of the s2k, that n/a with a set of cams, mugen header, and spoon exhaust is pretty quick...and the nsx of course...but fk the rest of ur lil ricers, w/o a turbo, ur nothing...the same with the lsj ecotec though, w/o a s/c or a turbo these motors are nothing...just settling the arguement.....

Once again this proves you being a *******, you act like a blown ecotec is gods gift to earth. When in fact its not, its a mid 14 second car in perfect conditions with a full interior.
You remind me of one of those nut swingers that drives and SRT-4. Most members on here are cool that own SRT's, but as luck may have it when you hit the streets its a totally different ball game.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

Thank You!^^^^^
Old 01-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Your welcome, I just hate when people think that this car is fastest thing ever.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:45 PM

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Look up the type-R, Now i know it says 1997, but the 2000 or wtv are all the same. 14.7 and cobalt 14.5 or something. Forget. But anyways dont tell me a stock type-R can walk allover a SS/sC stock. Thats preatty much identical times, I call stock for stock a SS/SC win if buddy can drive. If the R is modded, then well prob the R's win
Old 01-15-2007, 12:47 PM

Its a drivers race, I never said that the ITR would blow his outta the water. Slow cars vs Slow cars.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stilgar
Your welcome, I just hate when people think that this car is fastest thing ever.
welcome to
Old 01-15-2007, 12:54 PM

haha, yeah slowVSslow. It must of been a preatty impressive car back in 1997 eh.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:57 PM

It still is, but they are stolen so much now. He is selling that hatch, I might ****** it up. But then I can only 17's, damn that NA Honda power
Old 01-15-2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Stilgar
I gotta a friend that has a K20 swapped EK, he runs 13.07 on street tires and your a ******* moron.

A video of the slow NA car that can't hit 14's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhzyBSQmb_c

Here are a couple pulls in it, with 4 people in the car.

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ent=dvd2-1.flv

Once again this proves you being a *******, you act like a blown ecotec is gods gift to earth. When in fact its not, its a mid 14 second car in perfect conditions with a full interior.
You remind me of one of those nut swingers that drives and SRT-4. Most members on here are cool that own SRT's, but as luck may have it when you hit the streets its a totally different ball game.

Once again, some poor ass ricer kid on here, talking about his Honda, don't they make forums for you guys?......go there......and if u had read the post i said the ss/sc wasn't much a of car, but with mods on the s/c it actually is, infact there's an older guy in rockingham with street tires that runs water methanol injection (easy install) and other unknown mods to his ss/sc and runs 11.4 in the quarter (won't tell or show), which is the fastest i've seen, and can beat honda's, including hatches, and to defend the srt-4's, a modded srt-4, will eat hatches easier than u think....also, ur friend with a 13.07 honda is probably a great driver, and i never said one wouldnt run 13's. i said it wouldnt run 12's and ive even seen one at the track run in the 12's but he had the k20a2 and was seamless in his takeoff, and hooked up exceptionally well, and keep in mind this was at the track, no pressure when ur only running for time. plus, most of ur swaps are k20a3's bc they are cheaper and u fks are broke ne ways, thats why u run honda's....and if there are ne doubters about modded ss/sc's my small town in nc is listed (southern pines, nc), and on a friday night, just off us-1, i'm not hard to find, come see for urself.........................
Old 01-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

Once again, some poor ass ricer kid on here, talking about his Honda, don't they make forums for you guys?......go there......and if u had read the post i said the ss/sc wasn't much a of car, but with mods on the s/c it actually is, infact there's an older guy in rockingham with street tires that runs water methanol injection (easy install) and other unknown mods to his ss/sc and runs 11.4 in the quarter (won't tell or show), which is the fastest i've seen, and can beat honda's, including hatches, and to defend the srt-4's, a modded srt-4, will eat hatches easier than u think....also, ur friend with a 13.07 honda is probably a great driver, and i never said one wouldnt run 13's. i said it wouldnt run 12's and ive even seen one at the track run in the 12's but he had the k20a2 and was seamless in his takeoff, and hooked up exceptionally well, and keep in mind this was at the track, no pressure when ur only running for time. plus, most of ur swaps are k20a3's bc they are cheaper and u fks are broke ne ways, thats why u run honda's....and if there are ne doubters about modded ss/sc's my small town in nc is listed (southern pines, nc), and on a friday night, just off us-1, i'm not hard to find, come see for urself.........................
Old 01-15-2007, 06:19 PM

uhhhh 11.4 he must have some pretty built internals and a blower swap or turbo to run that, and i have a hard time beleive that it's on street tires. In street trim you would need a good 450whp at least to run those times. the stock pistons are done at 320, the axles are gone even before that, the blower can't support that kinda power, and there is a shitload of other stuff that will break long before the power needed to run those times.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
uhhhh 11.4 he must have some pretty built internals and a blower swap or turbo to run that, and i have a hard time beleive that it's on street tires. In street trim you would need a good 450whp at least to run those times. the stock pistons are done at 320, the axles are gone even before that, the blower can't support that kinda power, and there is a shitload of other stuff that will break long before the power needed to run those times.
Come on you know that mythical old man can run 10s on street tires.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:46 PM

Maybe the old man car's interior is stripped like most honda that run 12's and under. Maybe he did motor work, blower swap and stuff. Whats your point? All 4 cyl car running that fast are all heavily modded. Once again, whats your point?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:49 PM

u guys are obviously the fkn idiots, go to crateenginedepot.com, they have internals to support 1k hp, the reason you guys are so fkn ignorant is bc u apparently don't have any knowledge, if u had went to any Nopi events this year, u wldve noticed that they were backing the cobalt ss alot, but why?...because teams are converting there dragsters to turbo fours, they had one run 5's in the 8th which is damn good, so i don't know what that guy is running, but when he runs down the track, there's no blow off or even a sound of a turbo, like i said, i don't know what he's running, but the next time i'm down there, and he runs, I'll film it, just for u fkn doubters, this is why i hate honda guys, when ur not out racing, ur at home on these fkn forums, and probably wacking off because u have no fkn lives either, this forum is usually to help ppl thats what i came on here to let the guy running his ss/sc against the type-r to know that if the fkn honda was stock its a 15 sec. car, nothing more, and then u guys gang up like ur some hott ****, but its ok, im not wasting my time with you guys ne more, enjoy circle jerking, u ******* *******!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:19 AM

I'm sorry but this is retarded. I love my SS/SC, but I know there are plenty of N/A Hondas in my local area that would rape my car at its current state. There are a couple of hatches that run around here, all motor, running deep into the 7's in the 1/8th. Those cars aren't even K-swapped either. Honda's K-motor is is a stout unit that with a little massaging can be a badass setup when mated to an amply light civic hatch. That video was freaking awesome by the way. I love the sound of a clean all motor car wailling!

No offense lsj06ecotec, but your argument is not vaild. These so called cheap Hondas can get expensive when built right. Have you seen how much a K-swap is? Try the better part of $5000+ when all is said and done. That's not cheap to me and certainly not to the Honda owner.

Now, on the other hand I will argue the LSJ is a very capabile unit itself. I can definitely see 12 sec passes, as it has been proven, and the ocassional quiet type like the one spoken of running even deeper.

Overall, I'm a firm believer that there is a lot to be learned from different platforms. There is a lot of power to be had by sharing information. The is also a lot of power to be lost without sharing that information. To each his own how he wants to looks at, but some people should really be better rounded on their car knowledge before making crazy statements about other cars capabilities.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This just in: The cobalt isn't the cat's ass fastest thing on earth. Period. Why does this always happen on a post like this, all this bench racing and ****. geez........
Old 01-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned

u guys are obviously the fkn idiots, go to crateenginedepot.com, they have internals to support 1k hp, the reason you guys are so fkn ignorant is bc u apparently don't have any knowledge, if u had went to any Nopi events this year, u wldve noticed that they were backing the cobalt ss alot, but why?...because teams are converting there dragsters to turbo fours, they had one run 5's in the 8th which is damn good, so i don't know what that guy is running, but when he runs down the track, there's no blow off or even a sound of a turbo, like i said, i don't know what he's running, but the next time i'm down there, and he runs, I'll film it, just for u fkn doubters, this is why i hate honda guys, when ur not out racing, ur at home on these fkn forums, and probably wacking off because u have no fkn lives either, this forum is usually to help ppl thats what i came on here to let the guy running his ss/sc against the type-r to know that if the fkn honda was stock its a 15 sec. car, nothing more, and then u guys gang up like ur some hott ****, but its ok, im not wasting my time with you guys ne more, enjoy circle jerking, u ******* *******!!!
*sniff* *sniff* What is that smell??? It smells like BULLSHIT!!!

First you said, "he runs 11.4s on street tires.", now you, "have no idea what he runs.". I think we have 14 year old, maybe 16 with no car and definently no license on our hands.

I'm not even a Honda guy. You just suck at life.

Originally Posted by martinsmu
Maybe the old man car's interior is stripped like most honda that run 12's and under. Maybe he did motor work, blower swap and stuff. Whats your point? All 4 cyl car running that fast are all heavily modded. Once again, whats your point?
The point is that lsj06ecotec is clueless.

Last edited by MoMoney; 01-16-2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-16-2007, 03:52 PM

You are the worst half shitted Supercharged Cobalt driver I have ever seen. Get off you high horse, its a sub 20k shitbox. I have laughed harder watching the NASA channel, your attempt at flaming is below par. You are the reason why Cobalt owners get a bad name, I am sorry you were born and raised this way. I will eat you and swallow you whole.

Firsts off get bent cup-cake, its a new platform, of course they are going to show interest. Its all a money scheme. You really need to work on your ******* grammar. I am getting a head-ache, just trying to read this so called thing as a paragraph. How many NA Cobalts without spray are in the 10's? God I don't think there are any, the Ecotec motor loves boost. And to you saying that the Hype-R is a 15 second, this must be like ricer math or something. You can spend 20k on a car that will run mid 14's while I spend 13k on that civic and run laps around you. Litterally run laps around you, like when your car is in the shop for stupid **** like a clogged cat or a broken axle. Or something stupid that GM cut corners on, you can keep your warranty. Wait till you break your transmission and GM doesn't cover because your a *******.

Since you don't realize that I infact drive the same car you do. I drive an 06 SS/SC with suspesion mods. You ever heard of SLS? They have a daily driven jack stand 10 second car. While you continue to think that your Supercharged Cobalt is gods gift to earth, everyone else will be pushing the 4 cylinder envelope.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:05 PM

not jumping anybody or on anybodys side.. but seriously.. why are we argueing about a Honduh!?!?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:08 PM

He was just trying to state that a USDM Type R won't 14s, when in fact it will. Or how a K20 swapped hatch wont run 13's without slicks.

Quick Reply: 07 SS/SC vs. Integra Type R