War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2.4SS vs Eclipse Moddified

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.4SS vs Eclipse Moddified

So last night as I was cruising down the QEW in some modderate traffic, I noticed an eclipse driving through the trafiic behind. It had the turbo ground effects and a huge ass hoop-style spoiler. He had added purple projecter HID lights, rims In winter ) and of course a giant fart can.

Anyway, I let him get ahead cause I know a turbo DSM will kill me. As he passes me, I noticed he has debadged his car so I can't tell if it is turbo or not.

We are cruising in the fast lane catching up to slower cars, and everytime there is a clearing, he guns it (I can hear the fart can come alive) but never really pull away. In fact, one time at about 70MPH I hammer the gas in 5th gear and actually start catching him.

So, I decided to give it a shot. Once there was a clearing two lanes wide, I hammer it in 4th at about 70MPH, he hammers it too (loud buzzing sound begins) and By 120MPH, I had about 6 cars at least on him.

So it obviously isn't a turbo, but are the N/A cars that much of a dog???

Stupid ricer trying to make his car look turbo when it has no guts to back it up.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:05 PM

haha the fart cans. nice victory tho.

i remember back in the first week of december when i drove out to Ohio from here in mass. We drove all the way their then all of a sudden we just heard this overwhelming high pitched sound that was absolutly disguesting. I thought my car was gonna eat it right their and then. So as all of us in my car turn the radio down and were dead silent of our hopes making it back home we then noticed this eclipse w/ a muffler that i could fit a beach ball in . It sounded like a high pitch witch screaming while burning in a fire. By far the worse sounding exhaust I HAVE EVER HEARD. Just thought of that when i read bout his kill and the fart can lol

ryan
Old 12-24-2005, 10:08 PM

I raced a Eclipse w/ turbo and we stayed neck and neck and I've spanked many modded eclipses. This was before I put my CAI on so now I would probably pull him slightly
Old 12-26-2005, 05:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some of the n/a eclipses came from the factory looking just like a turbo dsm. i remember back home in SC there was this '99 eclipse 10th anniversary addition. it had the turbo spoiler, kit, rims, everything. i remember looking at it and seeing that it was a turbo model at all. just a gs.

anyway, yes the n/a ones are complete dogs! i used to beat them easily in my '95 civic ex with just short ram intake and exhaust. my civic only came with 125hp sohc vtec motor. definitely not a performance car. lol.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:23 AM

Yes, the N/A 1G and 2G Eclipses are ridiculously slow...

Also, your car would DEFINATELY be a good match for a stock psi Turbo DSM. Until you start turning up the boost, they really aren't anything special. IIRC, most run 15's, maybe high 14's or so until you start upping the boost.

I raced a I/E/BOV 2G GS-T in my near stock '00 V6 Mustang. I outlaunched him by a car or 2 and he couldn't reel me in before the end of the 1/4.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:44 PM

My sister has a 95 GS and yes it is a dog, but it is fast enough to beat a newer Celica GT. My dad found that one out
Old 12-26-2005, 03:07 PM

haha My NA wasnt a dog until, I turbo'd it and it ran a 14.1, my car only wieghted 2700lbs with me in it. I stripped everything. no wing nothing, and not flashy!
Old 12-26-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the celica gt is even more stupid. i beat one in my auto protege5. lol.