War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2010 ss/tc vs srt-10 and 370z

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 ss/tc vs srt-10 and 370z

had to do a couple pulls with before putting my car away for the winter. Currently I'm running a k&n sri, zap upper cp, turbo xs catted dp and exhaust and a zzp canned tune.

First race was taking my brother to put his 2004 ram srt10 away for the season we thought we better see where the 2 are at.. being such different vehicles and power it was going to be a surprise and we honestly didn't know what to expect. His truck is the regular cab short box model and obviously has the v10 rated at 500hp stock. He has long tubes and full magna flow exhaust, k&n intake, throttle body and a "unleashed" tune. He put down 496/450 to the wheels without the tune. I'm not sure how accurate the dyno was and unfortunately i wasn't around to run my car. Anyways we found a good safe spot to do a roll from about 60km. It was a pretty clean start, right away we both spun a bit and stayed pretty even, once i grabbed 3rd and built boost i jumped about a car length, and 4th was much the same. All in all we were both impressed with where both vehicles were at. a big heavy truck staying with a little turbo car is pretty cool and a little car staying with a 500+ hp v10 is also cool. Unfortunately there was no passengers to get a video but hopefully next year.

Second was when we were on our way home a 370z pulled up beside me at a convince store with 2 18 year old kids and left the music cranked while they went inside... i knew exactly what was coming next. It appeared it was a newer 370, Id say 2014+, stock by the looks of it. I don't know the cars well but it didn't appear to be any special package or anything. Very nice car though. We left the store as they were walking out and proceeded home like normal. about 2 km up the road i see HID's coming in my mirror and knew exactly who it was. it wasn't a safe spot to be driving the way he was so i let him do his fly by and carried on. About 5 minutes up the road i caught him going about 50 in an 80 and it just happen to be on a straight away. I slowed up, picked my gear, pulled out to get beside him and a big puff of smoke came from his car so i just let him go. Starting a couple cars back and at different speeds is not a fair race in my eyes. Later on up the road same thing happen but this time i was a little more prepared for him to get the jump. Again he jumped but i was probably 2 cars back and hit it at the same time. I was able to catch him and get about half a car on him before i had to let up, let him go by then tuck in behind him. Its to bad he was so jumpy on the throttle but Im sure plenty of us would have done the same at 18 with a buddy beside us... anyway good day of fun to wrap the season up.
The following users liked this post:
Cobalt_Daddy (12-11-2016)