War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2nd run in with a *fake* Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd run in with a *fake* Cobalt SS

The second and last time I'm dealing with this wierdo...as I'm driving to work this morning...435 South in Kansas City, I'm checking out this older toyota celica thats next to me with gauges on its pillar, and some 30+ year old woman driving it. Then I glance in my rearview mirror and notice the fake cobalt guy is riding my butt, then because of slow traffic in front of me he gets over and goes around me, I notice once again it has the SS badges, a NOS sticker along with a bunch of other ones but the NOS stuck out and made me point and laugh at him...then when he got around me I notice the LS badge again and the LS spoiler, he also had an aftermarket hood on the car that had a scoop of some sort on it, it was black, anyways, I decided to play with him again, nothing out of the usual, I didn't even need to shift out of 6th gear to play cat and mouse with him, then I laughed at him a bit more, and then slowed down and decided that if i see him again, hes not worth my gas.
The funny part is that he thought he was a badass.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:46 AM

I at the person who thinks their stock non- boosted ecotec can hang with an STI!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:52 AM

if he puts enough stickers on his car (1 sticker @ 10hp each) eventually he will look really really funny but have a higher hp than you ... according to ricer math
Old 07-27-2005, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by NiteViper
if he puts enough stickers on his car (1 sticker @ 10hp each) eventually he will look really really funny but have a higher hp than you ... according to ricer math
Sweet, now i'm gonna go buy an old beat up CRX and put a billion stickers on it...thats alot of HP...
Old 07-27-2005, 09:58 AM

DAMN RICERS making our cars look bad DAMN THEM
Old 07-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

you gonna get idiots like that with any car.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by DomesticDemonSS
I at the person who thinks their stock non- boosted ecotec can hang with an STI!!!
Alright, saying that, can the SC keep up with the STI? I doubt it. WRX maybe, but not the STI.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by 2006ArrivalBlueSS
Alright, saying that, can the SC keep up with the STI? I doubt it. WRX maybe, but not the STI.
No clue, but on the street anything goes...I have still yet to run one, I finally saw one 2 days ago...
Old 07-27-2005, 01:01 PM

I at ANYONE with ANY ecotec thinking they can hang with an STI. Don't line up against one, it doesn't feel nice to get raped that bad
Old 07-27-2005, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by b-spot
I at ANYONE with ANY ecotec thinking they can hang with an STI. Don't line up against one, it doesn't feel nice to get raped that bad
If the STI driver knows how to launch properly...I don't really like launching...I'd prefer my car to last.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by b-spot
You have to be kidding right? With ANY ecotec you say? Pop off the charger, throw on a turbo and other RACE WINNING PROVEN parts through the GM catalog and see what happens. I never said an ss would beat an Sti stock, no way in hell! But the Ecotec is the best motor out there to mod PLAIN FACT race results and numbers prove this.

I am a die hard suby fan, my cuz has a wrx, awesome cars. But there's no denying the mod potential of the ecotec platform.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:32 PM

You have to be kidding right? With ANY ecotec you say? Pop off the charger, throw on a turbo and other RACE WINNING PROVEN parts through the GM catalog and see what happens. I never said an ss would beat an Sti stock, no way in hell! But the Ecotec is the best motor out there to mod PLAIN FACT race results and numbers prove this.

I am a die hard suby fan, my cuz has a wrx, awesome cars. But there's no denying the mod potential of the ecotec platform.

I have to quote myself however and add that If only the SS could get as good as traction as a WRX, that would be nice. There still is no better sound than the huge blow off valve on my cousins wrx between shifts.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:49 PM

I have to quote myself however and add that If only the SS could get as good as traction as a WRX, that would be nice. There still is no better sound than the huge blow off valve on my cousins wrx between shifts.
Yeah I like my AWD platform, even though it still not perfict, some people seem to think it makes them invincible on the road...ahh so many stupid people, so little time...
Old 07-27-2005, 02:52 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05SCOOBYSTI
Yeah I like my AWD platform, even though it still not perfict, some people seem to think it makes them invincible on the road...ahh so many stupid people, so little time...
The only problem I see with AWD is that it causes much more drivetrain loss, but with 300hp that's an after-thought.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

when i get my pully kit and headers with full piping to my magnaflow ill tell ya how close we run to a STI i have intake and muffler right now and i raced my boys camo STI (looks hot)
he has intake and full exhaust and cam gears well in 2nd i run next to him then he just pulls and never stops so i dunno what it will take to actully beat him lol

here is a list of mods to mabe beat an STI
1) Stage 3 clutch smoother shifts
2) Lighweight flywheel
3) Short shifter .3 of 0 to 60
4) Intake
5) Header
6) Full Exhaust
7) 18 PSI kit
8) piggy back or FMS
9) Spark plugs better spark
10) Fuel injectors along w/ FMS (lean)

I think we could hang with a moded STI with all this or beat one!
Old 07-27-2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by cvenom2122
when i get my pully kit and headers with full piping to my magnaflow ill tell ya how close we run to a STI i have intake and muffler right now and i raced my boys camo STI (looks hot)
he has intake and full exhaust and cam gears well in 2nd i run next to him then he just pulls and never stops so i dunno what it will take to actully beat him lol

2) Lighweight flywheel
4) Intake
5) Header
6) Full Exhaust
7) 18 PSI kit
8) piggy back or FMS

Unfortunately, there will always be a faster car... ... and its not like I or anybody else needs to have the fastest car, its just a hobby/passion to me, personally I would love to understand how every little detail of the electronic system's in my car works, along with a better understanding of forced induction, since I'm new to that, someday maybe...
Old 07-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned

i sort of laugh at myself for thinking my ss/sc was going to take that sti i attempted to race (before i knew how much power those things actually had)

but damn.. a NA cobalt.. jeez
Old 07-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cvenom2122
2) Lighweight flywheel
4) Intake
5) Header
6) Full Exhaust
7) 18 PSI kit
8) piggy back or FMS

stage 3 clutch = smoother shifts?

short throw : -.3 on 0-60 = ricer math

if boost continued on at the parasitic rate of our eatons already have... it already sucks up 37hp @ 10 psi just to run it..... it would need alot more than 18 psi just to get it to the stock power of an sti

it's much harder than thought to get nearly a 50% increase in hp, when the engine is already boosted. unless you do something (which i don't like) like putting nos on the car