War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

The Everybody Wants to Race Us Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:40 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by deviance
Let me start by staying I usually have very few encounters with people even though I'm always looking, and even then it's usually just someone flying by or whatever the case maybe.

I pulled into mcdonalds today to grab some lunch before I was going to wash my car and there's a guy sitting in his newer f150 in the spot next to me. I saw him roll down his window as I rolled mine up so figured he was going to talk to me. Asked me what I had done to it gave him a quick description headers/2.9/e85 and he was like oh what do you think you have for horsepower? I replied, being alittle generous with 280.

He immediately replied with do you think you could beat me? I was like well your truck is alittle heavy and he cuts me off and says the weight of his truck with his tools and kids in it and proceeded to tell him he'd race me right now for 2800$ and a pink slip. I was like...nah man I'm all set thanks and he's like well you think you can beat me right? I was just like I don't see why not. He asked me if I ever tracked it I said no told him about some wheel hop issues and what not and he was like oh its manual? And I said yeah 5 speed and he goes pH you'd definitely beat me. And I'm like oh alright...

I walked away and told him to have a good day after he told me I had a nice car. I was like what the hell just happened??
He couldn't see down into it that it was manual? You should've raced him for pinks And 2800$! Especially on E85 you would've gave him a good ass whooping lol.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Idk if it's like a truck thing or what but 95% of guys in their trucks have huge ego's. I get out of my car to walk in the store and this older guy was in a lifted dodge and said something to me as I go to into the store. So I walk over and said "what did you say?" They said want to race in the mud? I said no thanks and walked away. Lmao race in the mud? People are dumb
The following users liked this post:
Jesse (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by jcobaltss
Idk if it's like a truck thing or what but 95% of guys in their trucks have huge ego's. I get out of my car to walk in the store and this older guy was in a lifted dodge and said something to me as I go to into the store. So I walk over and said "what did you say?" They said want to race in the mud? I said no thanks and walked away. Lmao race in the mud? People are dumb
Things like that don't bother me when I know they're ******* around but when they're serious about thinking they're fast.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by no_ss
Things like that don't bother me when I know they're ******* around but when they're serious about thinking they're fast.

I think it's the torque of a diesel pickup that makes them think their faster than a lot of cars. Everyone I almost know sells their car to get a pickup lol
Old 02-16-2016, 05:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Race in the mud? Ummm, tell them sorry but u live on paved roads? Just look around n say I don't see any hill billies around here besides u. Maybe u should go back to that mud hut u live in... lmao
Old 02-16-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
I think it's the torque of a diesel pickup that makes them think their faster than a lot of cars. Everyone I almost know sells their car to get a pickup lol
I beat some ******* in a powerstroke diesel the other day. And I'm NA. I know a lot of lifted truck people and hate most of them. That's what I liked about ND. There were none of them there.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse
I beat some ******* in a powerstroke diesel the other day. And I'm NA. I know a lot of lifted truck people and hate most of them. That's what I liked about ND. There were none of them there.
My little bros 1.4T Cruze was pulling on a lifted diesel that was dumping smoke and my little bros car had a stock tune. Them cruzes pull nice on a trifecta tune. Bitch is hittin 21psi lol.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:18 PM

My little bros 1.4T Cruze was pulling on a lifted diesel that was dumping smoke and my little bros car had a stock tune. Them cruzes pull nice on a trifecta tune. Bitch is hittin 21psi lol.
My problem with them is the people who are proud to tune 175whp out of them. That's one of the big reasons I didn't trade in on a Sonic or Cruze turbo. No power potential. That's the kind of power my NA 2.2L makes
Old 02-16-2016, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse
My problem with them is the people who are proud to tune 175whp out of them. That's one of the big reasons I didn't trade in on a Sonic or Cruze turbo. No power potential. That's the kind of power my NA 2.2L makes
I'm just saying its a lot better than stock. It rides nice and has a lot of nice features and it's not really about power it's just nice and pulls decent now.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only came across one diesel that was quick, when I say quick I mean fast as hell for a full sized truck. I was on a long stretch of back road highway one day on my 07 gsxr 600, basic exhaust and tune. A lifted dramax tried passing me on this 2 lane highway and gave me a good face full of smoke. So I decided he wasn't going to pass me. We both went at the same time, he kept that big diesel right beside me till we ran out of road. To this day I still second guess pulling up next to a diesel.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Travis24
I've only came across one diesel that was quick, when I say quick I mean fast as hell for a full sized truck. I was on a long stretch of back road highway one day on my 07 gsxr 600, basic exhaust and tune. A lifted dramax tried passing me on this 2 lane highway and gave me a good face full of smoke. So I decided he wasn't going to pass me. We both went at the same time, he kept that big diesel right beside me till we ran out of road. To this day I still second guess pulling up next to a diesel.
If you had a 1000cc bike you would've left him lol. 600cc bikes don't have the top end but they're light and accelerate fast and handle well.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:19 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
The diesels in my area are **** slow and the owners are obnoxious.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:37 AM

The only ones I second guess are the ones that are slightly lowered, plus you'll need at least 10k in a pickup for it to beat a 285+ hp car. Lol obviously from a dig they can 4wd launch. I don't mind pickups they are cool but they are made for pulling and kids fail to understand that. I never ever see young kids pull any kind of trailer lol I think it's funny.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had a 1000cc bike you would've left him lol. 600cc bikes don't have the top end but they're light and accelerate fast and handle well.
Most stockish carberated 1k are slower than the newer fi 600's, I've riden motorcycles my entire adult life....mine ran well.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Considering trucks are in discussion, I had a guy tonight try to race me. Walked away in second. Kinda funny tho he had a female passenger that looked at me like I wasn't anything. She was wrong
Old 02-18-2016, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by jimbofug007
Considering trucks are in discussion, I had a guy tonight try to race me. Walked away in second. Kinda funny tho he had a female passenger that looked at me like I wasn't anything. She was wrong
LOL sounds typical , I'm tempted to get a sticker made stating I won't race trucks or something and put it on my high rise. Haha so many dudes would get butt hurt
Old 02-18-2016, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL sounds typical , I'm tempted to get a sticker made stating I won't race trucks or something and put it on my high rise. Haha so many dudes would get butt hurt
I agree, but then you get the real cocky people tho. I had a group of kids gathered around an ss camero that wanted to run but I had my dad with me and wasn't in the mood.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Finally a really nice day and decided to take the Balt out and I'm sitting at a light and an orange 2016 5.0 starts revving his engine to redline. My gf says look at this *******. So i floor it and do a "rolling burnout" and slow down and he flys past me a flicks me off. So I pull up next to him and ask he what's done to it. He says its stock. I just laughed and then asked him then why rev it? He said its brand new.lol ******* mustangs I do know they are pretty quick but I thought it was funny

Last edited by aebooth6; 02-20-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:37 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
For some reason the mustang guys I see at the dragstrip seem to be the least experienced guys when it comes to how to run your car. Couldn't tell you how many I've seen that will bounce off the rev limiter for multiple seconds before shifting. Getting sideways off the line and wheel hopping isn't the right way to lay down a good time. Don't see that as much with Camaro and challenger guys, but I sure see it with mustang owners. After seeing the Mustangs get ran to death on the strip I would never buy a used one.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
For some reason the mustang guys I see at the dragstrip seem to be the least experienced guys when it comes to how to run your car. Couldn't tell you how many I've seen that will bounce off the rev limiter for multiple seconds before shifting. Getting sideways off the line and wheel hopping isn't the right way to lay down a good time. Don't see that as much with Camaro and challenger guys, but I sure see it with mustang owners. After seeing the Mustangs get ran to death on the strip I would never buy a used one.
Bouncing off rev limiter = laying down power
Spinning = winning
Bouncing off rev limiter + spinning= kid stang owner lol
Old 02-21-2016, 11:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Haha I just think people buy mustangs because it's the "true American muscle car" sure there nice to look at but don't buy one unless you can drive one
Old 02-22-2016, 08:37 PM

Stage 2 subie got whooped by a cobalt tonight lmao
Old 02-22-2016, 11:25 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Stage 2 subie got whooped by a cobalt tonight lmao
Nice

Still going through a drive spell atm....I think I might need a longer commute (sarcasm)
Old 02-22-2016, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Haven07
Nice

Still going through a drive spell atm....I think I might need a longer commute (sarcasm)
I wish I could have a day without some ******* in a mustang, truck, VW(of any model), or Tiburon GT trying to start ****. They aren't even trying to start a normal race, they are just trying to be ******** on the road then claim they're trying to race. Since I put on my carbon fiber trunk forever ago it's been non-stop. Then it got worse when I set my decel timing in the negatives and made it gurgle on decel.

I really don't care about your POS Tiburon, I just want to get to work and back alive without your dumb ass trying to kill me.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbofug007
I have a high rise on my car and I don't get bothered that much. I like having the high rise it blocks headlights from blinding me
X2 including not getting bothered much wish more people would want to just to see what you can win/lose to lol

Quick Reply: The Everybody Wants to Race Us Thread