War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

evo viii

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo viii

i raced my buddy in an 03 evo viii and it was not even close... he has a turbo back 3"... cam and is running on 104 octane... it was amazing how fast it was... just a fun night of screwing around
Old 10-02-2005, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by cblt12
i raced my buddy in an 03 evo viii and it was not even close... he has a turbo back 3"... cam and is running on 104 octane... it was amazing how fast it was... just a fun night of screwing around
lol I have been there. Raced two of my friends. Both had exhausts and intakes. The black one had and ecu remap also because he was putting down close to 290 to the wheels. Same results but like you said, it was fun. Try racing him from like a 10-15mph roll, it won't be AS bad but still will smoke us.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Banned

i think our sweet spot is a 5 or 10 mph roll

anyone else agree? even though first is gone so quick lol
Old 10-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Banned

If you actually want to win, never race an AWD car out of the hole

The SS S/C seems to be best from a slow roll, considering how hard it can be to launch.

Upgrade to a smaller pulley with a chip, install an intake and exhaust, and then go from a steady roll. The results should be much more in your favor
Old 10-04-2005, 12:57 AM

Yeah I agree, here in about 3 or 4 months the Cobalt SS will be something the Evo's are going to watch out for...
Old 10-04-2005, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by VaMP
Yeah I agree, here in about 3 or 4 months the Cobalt SS will be something the Evo's are going to watch out for...

The EVO's are running well into the 9's now adays, Its going to take longer that a few months to get the EVO's attention.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Self

The EVO's are running well into the 9's now adays, Its going to take longer that a few months to get the EVO's attention.
yeah 9 second streetable evos are the average ....umm lets focus on what you are likely to run into
Old 10-04-2005, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by c7015
yeah 9 second streetable evos are the average ....umm lets focus on what you are likely to run into

To be honest the other half of my car club are Evos, I would say out of 50 guys 80 percent or high to mid 12's and the remaining 20 percent or in the 11's -low 12's. Take that with a grain of salt
Old 10-04-2005, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by v8killer2pt5
To be honest the other half of my car club are Evos, I would say out of 50 guys 80 percent or high to mid 12's and the remaining 20 percent or in the 11's -low 12's. Take that with a grain of salt
That's right. My friend got his not too long ago, i'm going to say about like 4 months ago and he already has an exhaust and intake on it.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:53 AM

oh I didnt mean to come off like there not fast but once we get some availible mods its not to say that some evos will have to think twice about what they could beat ... sure there are going to be some 9 second evo's but chances are your going to run into one thats not so heavily modded giving them something to think about
Old 10-04-2005, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by c7015
oh I didnt mean to come off like there not fast but once we get some availible mods its not to say that some evos will have to think twice about what they could beat ... sure there are going to be some 9 second evo's but chances are your going to run into one thats not so heavily modded giving them something to think about

Once the cars are no longer stock, there really is no validity of getting into a pissing match over speed. When mods are available, which they always are, the outcome is usually only a matter of how much you’re willing to spend. Heck, if you were so inclined you could make a 9 second Yugo, but it probably wouldn’t’ t gain you anyone’s respect. Which is what this debate is really all about.

If people aren’t respecting your Cobalt now, they are not going to respect it after you mod it either. Some people are just that way.

Stock for Stock the EVO is a much better car. The Cobalt would probably give it some trouble from a roll, but that’s about it. Handling, dig, and overall utility go the way of the EVO. Looks, well their always subjective, and your opinion is really the only one that’s matters.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by pkskull77
Once the cars are no longer stock, there really is no validity of getting into a pissing match over speed. When mods are available, which they always are, the outcome is usually only a matter of how much you’re willing to spend. Heck, if you were so inclined you could make a 9 second Yugo, but it probably wouldn’t’ t gain you anyone’s respect. Which is what this debate is really all about.

If people aren’t respecting your Cobalt now, they are not going to respect it after you mod it either. Some people are just that way.

Stock for Stock the EVO is a much better car. The Cobalt would probably give it some trouble from a roll, but that’s about it. Handling, dig, and overall utility go the way of the EVO. Looks, well their always subjective, and your opinion is really the only one that’s matters.

I agree
Old 10-04-2005, 12:43 PM

Amen, my brotha! Need to post that comment in the 2.2 forum
Old 10-04-2005, 12:53 PM

Hallelujah and sing it on the mountain top.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:05 PM

Well my friends STI can beat your STI!!! So take that!!! J/k...I swear every EVO I see nowadays is NEVER Stock!!! Also every STI I see is NEVER stock. I **** you not that people that buy either a EVO or STI make sure that have 2G's left after they buy it so they can buy aftermarket stuff. True Story.