War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

GTO vs Stage 2 + Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:59 AM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Shanman
LS2's have an extra 50 hp and 30 torque also torque curve is much fatter in LS2 then LS1
Yes I know, it must that TQ curve, I had traded in my cobalt for an 04 GTO 6sp, and just ended up returning and getting back my cobalt for 2 reasons only.
1. After nailing 3 runs, one run ending at 135mph, it started steaming from the water pump!! thats no good!! it only had 40k miles!! So it was probably ABUSED!! My brothers Z28 LS! has 134k and still on the stock water pump!!

2. It was slower that my stage 2 cobalt at the time (Slower from 0-80, faster from 80+)
I got beat by my friends Z28 LS1 4sp w/ 3:73 intake, exhaust, tune.

But if it wouldn't have steamed from the water pump, I would have kept it. Good thing I didn't now im considering just keeping the cobalt ad adding an LS1 Corvette to the family!!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I bought my 2000 Camaro SS in 2002 it had 22,000 miles and was $24,000 when I bought my 2002 Camaro SS in 2004 it had 8,000 miles and I stole it for $18,000.

I would trade my GTO for a 2001-2002 Camaro SS or Trans Am WS6 or Firehawk without a second thought. They aren't faster but a Bilstein equipped car will out handle like a Vette and the the aftermarket is a little better.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Bannned

a couple more mods on the balt and im sure he would have been even
Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 AM

i'd like to race both of these guys. im very curious how fast slow sho is. would be crazy to hang with a gto. even if i have to use nitrous to do it, still would be impressive. now from a dig i got no chance but a roll i would think i could hang with them.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:20 AM

It's always cool when you are able to hang with a car thats in a higher class. Its always not so cool when a car hangs with you from a lower class. Give the race a shot. LS1 GTO's are quick but they arent the ****. I finally got a ride in one in Orlando. LS2's on the other hand... I would love to take one for a rip.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shanman
LS2's have an extra 50 hp and 30 torque also torque curve is much fatter in LS2 then LS1

The LS2 has LS6 style heads and more displacement. It should have more torque then the LS1.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
a couple more mods on the balt and im sure he would have been even
this is where you guys crack me up

WHAT OTHER MODS COULD HE POSSIBLE BUY , THE AFTERMARKET FOR COBALT IS SO SHITTIE THAT THIS GUY HAD TO RESULT IN NITROUS JUST TO GIVE A BARELY MODDED GTO A RUN, THERE ARE NO MORE MODS TO BUY , UNLESS YOU WANT TO BUILD YOUR MOTOR OR TURBO
Old 09-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
this is where you guys crack me up

WHAT OTHER MODS COULD HE POSSIBLE BUY , THE AFTERMARKET FOR COBALT IS SO SHITTIE THAT THIS GUY HAD TO RESULT IN NITROUS JUST TO GIVE A BARELY MODDED GTO A RUN, THERE ARE NO MORE MODS TO BUY , UNLESS YOU WANT TO BUILD YOUR MOTOR OR TURBO
I suppose he coulda gotten a smaller pulley but I mean when do you say enough is enough? He's probably gonna blow the motor in that car soon. Think about how much stress those little pistons and rods are under hanging with a car that has 3x the displacement.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:01 PM

a 75 shot is a big for a cobalt. and the aftermarket aint too bad. i enjoy taking down quiete a few cars and havent spent too much on my car. its a hell of alot faster then most other ss/sc locally anyways. im really debating new internals this winter. nothing wrong with nitrous. just gotta be smart about it. but yes its not the best thing to do if you want to longevity of the car.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
I suppose he coulda gotten a smaller pulley but I mean when do you say enough is enough? He's probably gonna blow the motor in that car soon. Think about how much stress those little pistons and rods are under hanging with a car that has 3x the displacement.
i guess im just sick of all the sore losers AKA ricers on this forum , "well if he had more mods on his stock bottom end cobalt" if he had more mods hed be walking because his motor took a fat dump
Old 09-20-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
red your a ****** idiot.
we have watched you transform into a troll before our very eyes.

he had to result in nitrous to give a barely modded SIX LITER V8 RWD a run.

go nuthug on the GTO forums for christs sakes.
I may nuthug my cobalt. but at least i dont run around doing it on every other car forum and take every oppertunity to put their cars down.
I love the GTO/Monaro to death. but theres to many owners who have your attitude....and its starting to smell like mustang in here.

good run to the gto and the cobalt. gotta admit its a fair achievement to almost stick with the big brother like that.
slowsho props to you for making the effort to keep the thread clean.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
red your a ****** idiot.
we have watched you transform into a troll before our very eyes.

he had to result in nitrous to give a barely modded SIX LITER V8 RWD a run.

go nuthug on the GTO forums for christs sakes.
I may nuthug my cobalt. but at least i dont run around doing it on every other car forum and take every oppertunity to put their cars down.
I love the GTO/Monaro to death. but theres to many owners who have your attitude....and its starting to smell like mustang in here.

good run to the gto and the cobalt. gotta admit its a fair achievement to almost stick with the big brother like that.
slowsho props to you for making the effort to keep the thread clean.
, truth hurts doesnt it , i nuthugged the cobalt until i realized running mid 12's consistantly and reliably was gonna cost 7K+ , its alright man one day you will want to go fast and realize whats up , your in canada they dont even sell GTO's over there , maybe thats why your so quick to talk **** , how about you SEE one , much less ride in it , drive one , and best of all run one , until youve done all 4 STFU your opinion means nothing
Old 09-20-2007, 12:15 PM

eh, you can only make the cobalt so fast but still its a fun car. gto should be faster afterall they cost more and have a much bigger motor. if they werent faster i'd be asking why the hell do people buy them. i love my car cause on motor i have 271 horse and still get 33 mpg on average. gto's are too big for my taste but ar fast without a doubt. no denying that
Old 09-20-2007, 12:16 PM

, truth hurts doesnt it
what truth? i just hear a bunch of whining from GTO owners... shouldn't you go pester people in your own "league" instead of try to down-talk a car that is not even half your displacement almost keeping up...

i guess i should go to ls1tech and start talking **** to ls1 owners since i can beat the ws6 around the corner with not even 1000 in total mods on my car huh...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0
what truth? i just hear a bunch of whining from GTO owners... shouldn't you go pester people in your own "league" instead of try to down-talk a car that is not even half your displacement almost keeping up...

i guess i should go to ls1tech and start talking **** to ls1 owners since i can beat the ws6 around the corner with not even 1000 in total mods on my car huh...
What truth ???? just look at your 1/4 mile thread for fastest cobalts , i see a 12.84 and a 12.88 and a whole lot of 13's , theres a reason , the stock 6.0 LS2 1/4 mile times look so much better than the fastest modded balt times , thats the truth
Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM

Well I like the old school GTO's , the re issue GTO is let down in the looks dept, and really isnt as fast as some may think. I guess you could say its quick when compared to a 4cyl.. lol Good lord..

When I bought my balt I was under no assumption I could be running with a car that has 3 times the displacement and twice as many cyls.

If the GTO is so fast and deadly why does it have to be defended on a 4cyl chevy forum?
I dont get it. I am sure whatever it is, its somethin the cobalt community did...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:23 PM

, truth hurts doesnt it , i nuthugged the cobalt until i realized running mid 12's consistantly and reliably was gonna cost 7K+ , its alright man one day you will want to go fast and realize whats up , your in canada they dont even sell GTO's over there , maybe thats why your so quick to talk **** , how about you SEE one , much less ride in it , drive one , and best of all run one , until youve done all 4 STFU your opinion means nothing
do you know where the GTO comes from?
do you know where I come from?

im so quick to talk **** because you are arent even a troll
your a wannabe troll.
you jumped ship and started lookin down your nose faster than you can say `i dont even know the displacement of my LSJ engine`

wahhhhhhh the cobalt you make fun of in every one of your posts kept up with the gto.
and instead of just making a normal comment, your cryin about it with stupid comments like `had to resort to nitrous to keep up with a lightly modded gto`

hell i dont even have to point out how stupid you look.

your doing a stellar job all by yourself.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:28 PM

exactly if you really want to argue, i got something for your little gto to go against. try the 75 vette my and my friend are building. im sure you can take a 8-71 blower on top of our built 350. after all its only a 10 second car. see arguing that your car is faster then a car with literally 1/3 of the displacement is kinda pathetic. i admire slow sho for not bragging in an ignorant way. he won simply stated, wasn't coming on this site to talk **** about the cobalt, just stating the race. plus rep for showing some maturity on this site which is rare
Old 09-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Banned

do you know where the GTO comes from?
do you know where I come from?

im so quick to talk **** because you are arent even a troll
your a wannabe troll.
you jumped ship and started lookin down your nose faster than you can say `i dont even know the displacement of my LSJ engine`

wahhhhhhh the cobalt you make fun of in every one of your posts kept up with the gto.
and instead of just making a normal comment, your cryin about it with stupid comments like `had to resort to nitrous to keep up with a lightly modded gto`

hell i dont even have to point out how stupid you look.

your doing a stellar job all by yourself.
i can talk **** bc my ss/sc was way more modded than yours ever will be , so therefore i know how fast cobalts are on the stock blower and its NOT impressive to say the least , but since all you guys know everything im wrong , yet im probably one of the few running at sea level and actually doing legit races instead of ricer flybys

by saying that, the cobalt with an m62 is nothing more than a 13 second wonder, funny how my friend went 14.4 with stage 2 and an intake yet pulls so many cars on the street

When they put a freeway in at atco or englishtown then you ricers will be in business

Originally Posted by skymynx
exactly if you really want to argue, i got something for your little gto to go against. try the 75 vette my and my friend are building. im sure you can take a 8-71 blower on top of our built 350. after all its only a 10 second car. see arguing that your car is faster then a car with literally 1/3 of the displacement is kinda pathetic. i admire slow sho for not bragging in an ignorant way. he won simply stated, wasn't coming on this site to talk **** about the cobalt, just stating the race. plus rep for showing some maturity on this site which is rare
if youve never owned a cobalt it doesnt give you the right to talk **** about it , i on the other hand have owned a cobalt and done enough work on the cobalt and had enough parts for the cobalt to realize that its one big waste of time , the only reason its not a waste of money is becuase there are thousands of people on here that will buy your parts thats the only positive

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 09-20-2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-20-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i got my 05 w 6k for 25

i dont think you can find a camaro /trans am with anywhere NEAR those miles especially at a dealership, im not saying camaros arent sweet, just have a good time finding a really low miles , stock, with a manual transmision, and the interior of the GTO is far better than any camaro , but everone has their opinion
i do know where to find an 02 TA with less than 25k miles. my friend owns it and he spends most of his time in kuwait. he really hasnt driven it. dunno how much hed sell it for.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kahless
i do know where to find an 02 TA with less than 25k miles. my friend owns it and he spends most of his time in kuwait. he really hasnt driven it. dunno how much hed sell it for.
i got my GTO from a dealer so privately owned vehicles dont count thats why i put from a dealer in my original post , there are tons of those types of cars out there but not at dealers , and im 20 so i dont have 25,000 cash lying around
Old 09-20-2007, 12:38 PM

I cant believe I got dragged into this as I really like the old school GTO's , but seriously... why bring this o the balt forum...

Why dont you guys head over to some other v8 forums like the cobra forums or something and throw some wieght around?? oh yeah this happens...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...6900ef4b54.htm

GTO gets two cars. If you say this isnt fair, but running a 2.0 LSJ is, then I dont know what to say. The GTO cant even keep up as a chase car, better yet compete...

That kind of answers the question why you guys are so active in the 4cyl forums.

Im done here. This thread is a trainwreck
Old 09-20-2007, 12:40 PM

i can talk **** bc my ss/sc was way more modded than yours ever will be
what so your miss cleo now or what?

damn dude....how can you see into my future like that zomg!!!!!

nice comeback.
keep trying.

no comment on the where the GTO come from huh?
do you know?

no defence of your ``had to run nitrous to keep up with a GTO`` comment?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned

what so your miss cleo now or what?

damn dude....how can you see into my future like that zomg!!!!!

nice comeback.
keep trying.

no comment on the where the GTO come from huh?
do you know?

no defence of your ``had to run nitrous to keep up with a GTO`` comment?
im not even worried about how fast your cobalt will be in 5 years id hope it would be faster than the one i had for 9 months , i would have pulled you bad thats all that matters, and ill pull you even worse now

gto - austrailia , you - dont care , but canada

had to run nitrous to keep up with a gto , what about it , the gto owner has 800 in his car while the cobalt owner has probably 4-6k who feels like an idiot now , especially when alot of people pay 24,000 for brand new cobalts , you can get a gto with 5-10k miles for 24,000
Old 09-20-2007, 12:45 PM

The closest track to me is over an hour away so I don't really live in the track racing world... furthermore track racing is great fun dont get me wrong but don't get so damn consumed with the 1/4 times... Lets try looking at trap speeds for once because that my friends is what truly tells you which car has a better power to weight ratio and who is "faster" on the street. DIG racing or track races with a Cobalt will prove nothing more than you can hook up better than a FWD car...

Quick Reply: GTO vs Stage 2 + Nitrous