War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

had a GREAT weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had a GREAT weekend!

Well guys/gals...i had an awesome weekend full of racing...friday night my buddies and i went to No-problem raceway in Donaldsonville, LA. on the way down there i had a few kills on the highway (not that im a huge fan of street-racing) my buddies '07 charger rt Daytona edition with full exhaust/intake/pullied i got about a car and a half on him from about a 60mph roll til 90mph, my friends '08 altima coupe v6 intake/exhaust/pullied (same damn mods lol) pulled him a few cars in a hurry, then my friends '08 trailblazer ss with intake exhaust and superchips tuner (also with 22's and HUGE sub box in the back) that wasn't even a race for me
Once we got to the track i ran 14.1's thru 14.3's all night (first time at a dragstrip) and it was freakin 90 degress at NIGHT with humidity at like 6000 ha... but the same guys i mentioned earlier couldnt touch me at the track they wer soo pissed...they had made fun of my "matchbox" car as they called it since i bought it..but i proved to them that these cars are no joke.
Then tonight i had an autocross event in Zachary, LA. I didnt win first place or anything but i ran between average and great times (nothing too amazing) but i got plenty comments and compliments on the car..everyone was amazed at the sound of it.. i have injen charge piping and CAI and a catless downpipe from CIA..if i can get the vid up i'll post it but it sounds sick and looks sexy as hell ha.
On the way home from the auto-x i had a few cars pull up to me so i gave a few runs. A 96mustang gt tried playing but couldn't hang, a toyota celica (enough said) and my most favorite...the new hyundai genesis coupe had deepdish aftermarket wheels on the back and was de-badged...i asked the guy if it was fast and he said "yah" so we wer rolling at about 45-50 for a few seconds and i told him to go and i'd let him have the jump and i'd react when he hit it....he thought i was crazy but i felt confident..i let him get the jump then i immediately downshifted and pulled right out in front of him pullling a car by about 80 or 90.
I know all these cars i just named arent the gods of the road but i think i tackled some decent cars and really proved that even un-tuned these SS/TC's will run against alot. Sorry i know i just wrote a novel but i was just not dis-appointed one bit this weekend, i fell in love with my car all-over again. Wether in a straight line, road course, rolls, digs, this car never ceases to amaze me.
Lemme know what yal think.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats on the nice kills! Looks like you need to practice launching a little bit as well, I myself still can't launch to save my life.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:21 PM

pretty sure a genesis would get you up top.

and the tbss wasnt a race? does that mean he killed you or other way arround.

good kills tho.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joemama
pretty sure a genesis would get you up top.

and the tbss wasnt a race? does that mean he killed you or other way arround.

good kills tho.
Sounds like he killed the TBSS... I'd believe it if he's running 22s and a big sound system. Wasn't there 2 kinds, anyway?
Old 06-21-2009, 10:12 PM

yeah awd and not

and genesis has 2 kinds

300hp v6 and a turbo 4 cylinder
Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
Congrats on the nice kills! Looks like you need to practice launching a little bit as well, I myself still can't launch to save my life.
thanks man, yeah i def need to...i was still pretty excited cuz i figure if 14's and high 13's are what people are getting out of these cars un-tuned then i'm driving decent..but ima practice launches and go again when its cooler outside lol

Originally Posted by Force
Sounds like he killed the TBSS... I'd believe it if he's running 22s and a big sound system. Wasn't there 2 kinds, anyway?
yeah it was the 6.0 liter 2 wheel drive...he's got the bitch sooo weighed down and trying to make it a damn show truck..i tell him stop wasting money on trying to make it fast butttt he wanted to run so i did haha

yeah awd and not

and genesis has 2 kinds

300hp v6 and a turbo 4 cylinder
i believe the genesis was a v6 since it had a more deeper exhaust note (although stock prob) and i heard no sort of air flow like you would a turboed car...still a sweet looking car though

Last edited by jmfselu; 06-21-2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-21-2009, 11:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmfselu
i believe the genesis was a v6 since it had a more deeper exhaust note (although stock prob) and i heard no sort of air flow like you would a turboed car...still a sweet looking car though
A V6 Genesis would be a close race with an SS/TC... The 2.0T would get absolutely raped.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Force
A V6 Genesis would be a close race with an SS/TC... The 2.0T would get absolutely raped.
yeah i think thats why it took me from 45 to about 85 mph to pull a car on him...those things modified should be sick
Old 06-23-2009, 08:43 PM

either way nice kills man. wasn t trying to dog on you or anything.

if the tbss was smart at all and put some mods to it you would have a tough job trying to catch up lol
Old 06-23-2009, 08:46 PM

nice kills man...you should have come out to MS for scrapin the coast
Old 06-24-2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnthonyCM
nice kills man...you should have come out to MS for scrapin the coast
i wanted to man i knew a buncha people going too...i went last year and had an awesome time..its so sick

either way nice kills man. wasn t trying to dog on you or anything.

if the tbss was smart at all and put some mods to it you would have a tough job trying to catch up lol
no man i understood...yeah ur right he could make it really move if he wanted...i'll see what else he as planned for it incase he wants to go again lol

Last edited by jmfselu; 06-24-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 PM

yeah man we had a whole group of balts out here for scrapin....you ever come out to the gulfport area? we got a local ecotec club
Old 06-25-2009, 12:41 AM

nah man i dont usually get out there much...i never see too many balts riding around here but thats cool yal got a club goin