War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Is it hard for you to say no to a street race?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope real easy for me to say no, my stock 2.2 can't beat much lol
Old 06-26-2011, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't know about you but it think its awesome to street race. i don't taunt anyone its always someone taunting me. i cant just leave a green light with my tail between my legs. i let them know what a cobalt really has under the hood. i tell u what...shuts them up every time.
a wyotech school down the road doesnt help either.lol
Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shibito
That's what I mean though about being minimizing the risk to others. The 2 people who raced in that story didn't do it, the fact that they were racing over a hill makes them complete idiots, it's just very unfortunate that they had to involve innocent people in their mistake. I'm not trying to say street racing can be made legal or completely safe, hell racing on a track is not even safe, but I ask that you don't judge everyone on what the idiots do. We're not all out racing on surface streets.
I do understand where you're coming from, but the post-FnF era of "street racing" the VAST majority of the time means racing on surface streets, on the interstate, without regard for the safety of anyone else, sometimes not even of themselves. When I lived in Texas, local LEOs used to ORGANIZE street races, donate $10 to the Sheriff's association, run all you want for 3 or 4 hours late at night. They'd run it on a deserted road, or on a street that wasn't open to the public yet. What happened? The ricer crowd ruined it just like they ruined everything else for just about any real car enthusiast. Now you can't even get a group of people to hang out together in a public place because some douchebag(s) in a POS has come through and caused trouble and ruined the fun for everyone.

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
a wyotech school down the road doesnt help either.lol
Ugh. I used to dread driving through Blairsville coming to/from grad school. So many tools, and I don't mean the ones for working on cars.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:18 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by alleycat58
I do understand where you're coming from, but the post-FnF era of "street racing" the VAST majority of the time means racing on surface streets, on the interstate, without regard for the safety of anyone else, sometimes not even of themselves. When I lived in Texas, local LEOs used to ORGANIZE street races, donate $10 to the Sheriff's association, run all you want for 3 or 4 hours late at night. They'd run it on a deserted road, or on a street that wasn't open to the public yet. What happened? The ricer crowd ruined it just like they ruined everything else for just about any real car enthusiast. Now you can't even get a group of people to hang out together in a public place because some douchebag(s) in a POS has come through and caused trouble and ruined the fun for everyone.

Ugh. I used to dread driving through Blairsville coming to/from grad school. So many tools, and I don't mean the ones for working on cars.
Agreed, ricers ruin everything.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by vahdyx
Haha, it's almost like girls hate it all together lol. All of my buddies girlfriends don't even know why why add "pointless parts" to our cars. I say we wanna be faster, but their like, why? And it gets difficult to explain after that statement.

Nice though,

My girlfriend wouldn't let it down all night. "See you shouldn't do this", "remember when I told you not to race and it saved your license" All night, but I'm thankful I listened.
I get this both on car parts and home audio.
The car goes...what is the problem?
I can hear the TV...what else matters?

...Meanwhile I'm with a ruler on the wall measuring speaker height for speaker position....
Old 07-25-2011, 12:08 PM

Im only 19 with 2 street racing tickets (wasnt actually racing just 50+ over) and its way more worth while bowing out to some jack ass that doesnt know **** about his engine just that it gets noisier the more you press the gas. much better to bow out if your gut says no and your unfamilier with the area and roads, saves money, demarit points and a discusting inpound fee :p. race smart! and if anything take em to the track and show em what a race is :P