War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Has anyone on this site raced a civic hatch b18 motor? Either ss/sc or ss/tc!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone on this site raced a civic hatch b18 motor? Either ss/sc or ss/tc!!!!

Just like the title sais, has anyone raced a civic hatch preferably an eg hatch that has a gsr motor in it with minor bolt ons?

If so what was the outcome??
Old 04-23-2009, 11:37 PM

They can be quick. If the swap is done correctly the SS/SC should have some trouble. A TC shouldn't have much of an issue. The HB has to have a good amount of quality modifications to hang with it I'm assuming. Your average GS-R powered hatchback should be a low 14 second range car. A strong one with those quality mods can dip into 13's very easily. If you race one, ask him about the car and make sure he doesn't sound like he has no clue what he is talking about. You never know what you are going to get with a swapped Honda. You may come across one that runs like ass and smokes like Cheech and Chong, or you might get the Frankenstein with a boner running after Paris Hilton.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by beefy Si
They can be quick. If the swap is done correctly the SS/SC should have some trouble. A TC shouldn't have much of an issue. The HB has to have a good amount of quality modifications to hang with it I'm assuming. Your average GS-R powered hatchback should be a low 14 second range car. A strong one with those quality mods can dip into 13's very easily. If you race one, ask him about the car and make sure he doesn't sound like he has no clue what he is talking about. You never know what you are going to get with a swapped Honda. You may come across one that runs like ass and smokes like Cheech and Chong, or you might get the Frankenstein with a boner running after Paris Hilton.
thing is haha im buying a hatch that has that motor in it, im just trying to get an idea obviously to refrence how fast that car will be all motor...

thanks for the advice
Old 04-24-2009, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
thing is haha im buying a hatch that has that motor in it, im just trying to get an idea obviously to refrence how fast that car will be all motor...

thanks for the advice
Oh ok haha. Are there any problems with the car? See if you can get a compression test on it and maybe a leakdown to be safe before you purchase.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:17 AM

i've never raced a gsr swapped honda that was even close to me. normally i put 6-8 car lengths on them, but i have never raced a fully built gsr yet. some hondas can be dirty tho, every ls/vtec swap i have raced has been really close. i also raced a european H23 swapped hatch and he got me by a car. if i were u i would definately do my own swap just so i kno it would be done right. ls turbos are really cheap to do and can be fast as hell. my friend had an ls turbo integra and he could drop it in 3rd goin 70 and white smoke the tires
Old 04-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hotpants08
my friend had an ls turbo integra and he could drop it in 3rd goin 70 and white smoke the tires
Aaaah LS engines are great for boooost! I had a 16G powered B18B a couple years ago..that thing was lovely. Never had a problem with it.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:40 AM

If I want to race Golf carts, I go to the Golf course

When I want to race cars I go to the racetrack
Old 04-24-2009, 11:46 AM

they can be quick............ my buddy has a 94 eg si with a grs turbo on a t3-t4 non ball bearing burbo on 7 psi and he dyned 278whp and i only lose to him by a car
Old 04-24-2009, 11:56 AM

I have a gsr swapped crx fully bolted there no joke.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:45 PM

The gsr is mint, it has perfect compression and had a good leaked down test. It was flushed and all so its goin in...

Lol im not worried about boost yet, I love cobalts and if I could truly afford it I would buy the new one but nah cant I go to college full time so its time to get a older toy thats still mint and is pretty quick
Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
The gsr is mint, it has perfect compression and had a good leaked down test. It was flushed and all so its goin in...

Lol im not worried about boost yet, I love cobalts and if I could truly afford it I would buy the new one but nah cant I go to college full time so its time to get a older toy thats still mint and is pretty quick
well for what the car costs and will do performance wise i'd say its a pretty good deal man, just please please please dont rice it out.

Leave it looking stock, just nice rims and lowered at most if it isnt already. all the extra jazz is unecesary.

But im all for performance per dollar and i'd say a swapped civic hatch is a good one as long as it is as clean and well put together as you say.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
well for what the car costs and will do performance wise i'd say its a pretty good deal man, just please please please dont rice it out.

Leave it looking stock, just nice rims and lowered at most if it isnt already. all the extra jazz is unecesary.

But im all for performance per dollar and i'd say a swapped civic hatch is a good one as long as it is as clean and well put together as you say.
Amen.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:14 PM

^ bet you thought you'd never hear me say that huh beefy?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:32 PM

^ bet you thought you'd never hear me say that huh beefy?
Not really. But that's what I like to hear and those are the cars I like! I don't dress my car like a Japanese Christmas tree. It looks pretty much stock other than the height and Koseis. (no lips, stickers, Rotas, or pointless JDM show parts.)
Old 04-24-2009, 03:20 PM

Not really. But that's what I like to hear and those are the cars I like! I don't dress my car like a Japanese Christmas tree. It looks pretty much stock other than the height and Koseis. (no lips, stickers, Rotas, or pointless JDM show parts.)
Very tasteful, and thats honestly about 95% of the way to tell if a honda is truely fast or not. If it does have any apperance mods other than rims and a drop, those are usually the fast ones that are put together correctly and the ones to watch out for.

Now on the other hand the ones with body kits and all that extra jazz, they are usually the stock motor'd non-vtec cars that are all show no go. Which goes against everything in the bible i follow [haha ]

and the japanese christmas tree comment OMFG thats amazing
Old 04-24-2009, 03:46 PM

^^^ Yea. There is just NO point whatsoever to spending money on that bullshit. You want to see riced out, my toolbox and laptop. ;-) You will surely find quite a few stickers there haha.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:59 PM

^^^ Yea. There is just NO point whatsoever to spending money on that bullshit. You want to see riced out, my toolbox and laptop. ;-) You will surely find quite a few stickers there haha.
haha i feel ya on that one.

my room is kinda ricer out then too haha.

**** ive got paint chips on the nose of my car, you think ill spend any money fixing that before ive done every single performance mod? **** no!

i'll go fast and look good later on haha
Old 04-24-2009, 04:28 PM

haha i feel ya on that one.

my room is kinda ricer out then too haha.

**** ive got paint chips on the nose of my car, you think ill spend any money fixing that before ive done every single performance mod? **** no!

i'll go fast and look good later on haha

Even though my car is in great condition and very clean, I do enjoy a beat up well built car.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:37 PM

Even though my car is in great condition and very clean, I do enjoy a beat up well built car.
ohh **** yea, i'll see other T/A's and Muscle cars around town, and people will look at me like look at this young ass fucken kid in this old T/A. i look young [people tell me i look 15 and im almost 22, fucken baby face] And i end up dustin them, the looks on their faces are priceless.

2 Older dudes that work around me that always mean mug the **** outa me got their asses handed to them, Trail Blazer SS, and a new Mustang GT CS.

The mustang was just yesterday, wasn't much of a kill so i didnt post it.

But i guess hijack and here i go:

Mustang is bright orange all done up body kit black racing stripes down the length of the car, dude is hott doggin it next to me with this **** eating grin on his face. At this point i open the electric cut-out and smash the throttle just to let him know im game to hand him his rich ass.

We get to a light unfortunately im stuck behind him, he takes off pretty quick and as i start to get over into an open spot next to him he tags the gas, i proceed to nail it as well and easily caught him and passed him by 65, when he had a car length and a half head start.

dude let off right as i passed him and wouldnt even look over HAHA!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a civic HB with a b18 claiming 170HP play with me before... i didn't race him just gave it some gas when i heard him winding past me at 9k on the offramp next to me... it did pull on me til the turbo spooled up. he said he has alot done to it and i'd believe it but i really don't think it would have a hope in hell if i really wanted to race him because i've seen him wind it through the gears and although it sounds fast i can tell it's not as quick is he thinks.

Cobalt_Daddy
2009 Cobalt SS/TC Sedan