War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

K04R Sedan vs 03 C5Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 03:14 PM

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
K04R Sedan vs 03 C5Z

Had some fun runs with an 03 C5 Z06 last night. We ran a few times on the freeway and then another from 40.

He paced behind me for a little bit and initially tried for a fly-by. Now I typically cruise in 4th on the highway because I'm a ricer and enjoy the turbo noises. I was sitting around 75-80, watching in the rear view trying to figure out what was pacing me. I watched his lights come up a bit and knew what was going on. I literally said to myself "NOT TODAY". He was unable to come around me and I actually put some distance between us. It definitely got his attention too
Initially, I thought it was an FD RX7 because of the front end profile but it was too dark to tell. We did this a couple more times until it was WAY clear and the results are as follows -

1st run - 60-125 - No honks, he just took the hit but I was in 3rd and waiting. He got a decent jump but I stopped his pull, came around him and wound up pulling about a car.

2nd go-round, 60-140 - I told him on 3, honked it off and I had a nice steady pull from the hit. Ran 3rd out with a solid car and a half on him, NLS into 4th and pull another car or so by the time I hit the rev limiter. One of those races where you keep looking back, hoping you maintain your pull/lead

3rd and final race - 40-100 - We exchanged pleasantries and mods prior to the run. Come to find out, he's a customer of a friends performance shop. So he honks this time and I spin through 2nd a bit but stay door to door with him, pull 3rd (no NLS, 2-3 is sketchy) and start to put distance between us again before we had to slow for a light. Unsure of the distance put between us on this race but it was fun.

His mods - Long tubes, no cats, CAI and tune

Mine are in my sig. Also, wanted to mention that I absolutely love the ZZP IC. The stocker would be absolutely worthless during a 3-4 pull and IATs would climb by 30* or so, a little in 3rd and quite a bit in 4th. During my multiple races last night, my IATs only climbed around 9* and only through 4th gear. That's bad ass
Old 11-03-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well thats fkn bad ass!
Old 11-07-2016, 02:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice. I had a roll with what I'm assuming was a stock C5Z. He tried to pull away from me coming off the on ramp. I didn't catch him, but he didn't really pull me much either. This was probably from about 45-120. I really thought they were quicker than that, I guess not.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice
Old 11-07-2016, 07:57 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Nice!
I have a buddy with a built c5z and I wouldn't mess with it. It's beatable because he struggles to get traction till about 90mph though.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:39 PM

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by HHRFrenchy
Nice. I had a roll with what I'm assuming was a stock C5Z. He tried to pull away from me coming off the on ramp. I didn't catch him, but he didn't really pull me much either. This was probably from about 45-120. I really thought they were quicker than that, I guess not.
They're incredibly quick bone stock. Modded like this one, there have been many low 12/high 11 second 1/4 with 115+ mph trap speeds. I'd estimate his car to be in the 116 range.

Originally Posted by 06blackbalt
Nice
Thanks man

Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
Nice!
I have a buddy with a built c5z and I wouldn't mess with it. It's beatable because he struggles to get traction till about 90mph though.
Appreciate it man. Trust me, had this car have been cammed it would have been extremely close with him pulling up top. Anything past a simple cam swap and I'd be toast!