War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

making mustangs look silly

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
making mustangs look silly

Well generally I am not much for the street scene but it was a beautiful day yesterday. So my fiancee' and I were headed to our new house and in front of me at the left light was a 1997 mustang gt. Well when I rounded the turn going about 15 mph he looked at me and revved and then punched it and I figured what the hell so I punched it also. He was up on me by a quarter panel at the very beginning by 80 i had a car and a half on him and then my fiancee shouted cop so that got shut down real quick........

Later in the day I was at the gas station and a black mustang gt (same body style as the last)
pulls in, really cocky wigger just staring me down..... he was actually pissing me off because him and his friend were like mocking my car under their breaths.... so anywho nice black mustang lowered , exhaust, probably not much more pulls out with me at the light. This is from a dead stop light turns green I am holding steady at about 1500 rpms and go then I hammer into second I was easily a car and a half on him by 70 and I could hear his exhaust roaring. We got to 85 and I shut it down.... I wont race 100+ on streets rarely race at all for that matter. We get to the next light and he wants to go again. So I roll down my window and tell the kid I already dumped a quarter tank of gas pwning him at the last light and then I turned.

Well that is my story it was a fun day...... I must say they after the second race I was reminded why I don't street race anymore... this idiot was so hopped up from the race he gunned it and nearly t-boned some old bitch in a buick....
Old 04-23-2006, 10:24 AM

nice kills !
Old 04-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Domestics Pwn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moved to war stories.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:23 PM

dont get too lax around all 96-98 mustangs anytime soon. The 96-98s were some of the weakest stangs ever built. Some dyno'd under 200 stock, most around 205. With the PI H/C/I swap they jump to about 265-270. which is more than a 99-04 GT bc the 96-98s had higher compression. Now from the sounds of it, he was probably modded a bit. (cuz I know someones gonna try and start ****) Maybe gears, exhaust and intake. Thats my Mustang Education 101 tid-bit for the day.

glad it opened your eyes a little bit about street racing. I know it can be tempting as hell, but seeing an accident almost happen because someones driving like a turd reminds me why I take it to the track as well.

speaking of the track, I raped an SS/SC last night by a good second, and that was my worst run of the night, had a passenger too. Everyone was running a few tenths slower than usual though, maybe it was the heat/humidity or track prep. I know two guys on this board have run 11.7x-11.9s in their SS/SCs at the same track. Beat a white Mach 1 by .0388 (won that one at the line. I know her and she wouldnt say **** to me afterwards) and lost to an Azure Blue Mach by .0433. The guy in the Azure Blue Mach was cool as hell. I got him good off the line, but he pulled on me like a mother from just before the 1/8 to the finish. I want his car soooooo bad.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:30 PM

i think at the most the kid with the black stang had an exhaust, gears, lowered suspension, and possibly a new header.... it was loud as ****.. i just thought it was funny that he was a little ******* and was made to look like a fool. I beleive with my mods I can hang or beat almost any mustang 95 - 99 as long as they are stock..... some races maybe lose by half a car some races win by half a car..... my friend has a 99 cobra and I wanted to see how well I fair with him... i know he will win but I want to see by how much...