War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

My Mini Encounter

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Mini Encounter

06 Cobalt SS/SC
Suspension stuff/Airbox mod/Ingalls ETD
04-05 Mini Cooper S
Some performance kit from the factory(Canada plates)
45 degrees

I was on my way to Wal Mart for some stuff(Guitar Hero FTW!). Its roughly about 10:30 and I was bitching out loud to myself, I had to be at work at 5:00 for an excercise. Driving like the normal person I am. I look in my windown and see HID head and fog lights creeping up on me. I am pretty good with headlight design, but I couldn't tell what kind of car this was. We were driving back and forth, going the same speed. I didn't have any idea this guy wanted to run me. At the time I didn't have obnoxious wing on the back so he assumed it was just a normal Cobalt. He gets on his car a little bit, I hear his whine. Figured it was the S model, it was a white one with racing stripes down the middle. Pretty sick little car, I thought. Then something happened we caught a red light...

Sitting at the light watching the cars go thru the intersection. I could not stop eye ******* his car. I really like the Coopers, they make damn fine autocross cars. He throws a rev my way. Sounded the way mine sounds, I have the airbox mod. The traffic stops, I just keep my clutch pedal at the engagement point and wait.

Green!
1st gear, ground was a little slippery and I have to feather the throttle. I am glad though, better spinning then wheel hop. He has got me by a half of a car, his first ends a little later than mine. Second, here comes the power difference, I even it up between us. It was weird it felt he was my little brother. Both of our S/C's just wailing away on streets. Like an epic battle of rivarlies, when the truth is we aren't. I hit my powerband and began to take the lead. Nearing my rev limit I got about a car on him, he shifted into third before I had to. I made up some more ground there, slam GM's short throw into 3 watch the boost guage peg 12.5 PSI. I got him now, 2.5 car lenths. We both went to Wal Mart and Bs'ed for a bit. He had a performace package from the factory. It had a free flowing header, cat, and exhaust,free flowing intake, and smaller pulley. Its really nice to see, people that tune some other cars besides WRX's/DSM's/Honda's.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:52 PM

Nice race, my friend is going to get a mini very soon, and he wants to put some performance on it. I told him he still wont keep up after what i do to my ss/sc
Old 10-23-2006, 03:54 PM

You know he is going to get 89% more ***** than you right?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:01 PM

that what he wishes
Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 PM

Nice race man. Oh, and girls don't care about cars as long as you lay the pipe right gentlemen.