War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Race`in down at the D

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Race`in down at the D

was down on the west side of detroit and at a racein spot, cops busted it up we all split, 4 people got spectating street racing tickits (500$ a peice)
so me and my bud cruzed around and hung out on the corner for about 35-45 min when a z28 (Lt1 w/ what he claimed 320hp) and a Pimped out Honda Civic, decided to have a go at it. we crused back down to our spot but the cops were still sittin around hastleing some people parting off in a parkinglot so we did a lap around and ended back at the gas station. Me and my friend sat around waited up for one of my co workers to show and we sat for about 10 min when a ton of racers showed up in the station. We rolled back down to our street and sat with about 8 other cars when a ton more rolled up, this was about 2 am and heres what it looked like. 2 3000GTs one with a turbo sending bout 17#s o bost and the other was red, thats all i know. there were 2 or 3 eclipses older body style not the newer ones. 2 eagle Talons, one was an older one and the other was a Turbo. there were 2 or 3 neons (lame stock 4 and 2 doors) that had the fake ram air and the aluminum wings. we had 2 or 3 Foxbody mustangs. A GT modded with some cobra bumpers( i couldnt tell what the **** it was. :? ) well it sat there with its fog lights on watchin everyone else. there was something like 25 cars around. people just there to watch in their grand cherokees and g20 work vans. well the first race was a neon with intake and exause vrz the nice 3000gt and the talon witha turbo. it was lame. like watching old people ****, lame :roll: . The neon won to let you know. then we got to see the other talon and an eclipse, and again the neon. it was closer this time but the neon won again. next a Honda Accord and the Awd turbo talon went at it, it was fugly, the 4 door, neon orange got served a peice of victory ( bet you thought i ment he woulda got owned, but no he destroyed the talon. ) anyway im watching with my two friends when two black dudes roll outta their mustang and aproach us and ask whos vett this was, i said
mine why whats up?
Wanna run said the two guys
no not really.
why not, comeon man this **** is boreing, it sucks
is yours stock>?
heh, he NO!
no thanks.
ill give you 3 car lengths.
(look at my friends) yea sure.
we pull up to the man who drops the flag,
hes up to where my rear wheel well was and we go, we get about 50 feet im way ahead and i hear this
GRINDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!
my teeth hurt, i see him pull a Uey and i do the same, catch up to him off to the side and he says,
I missed seccond, wanna run again, ill give u half car length.
yea, thats fine.

so we pull back up to the start, two cars go ahead of us and we wait till the road is clear, then we go, my car squeeled for like 20 feet leaving a nice set of stripes in the road, i pull on him and i get a good lead, i hear him grind so i look in my mirror and see him slow down so i let off apply my brake and he floors it once he finds the right gear again. catches up i floor it we get about a mile down the road before i was passed and it was a slow pass i mite add. well he turned around and after we drove back he asked if i wanted another go i said i was done, so i pulled aside and went back to my watching position. a pimped out foxbody pulls up to the line and waits for someone to roll aside and race. well tha GT/cobra whatever takes up the chalange. Well all is well when what looks to be another mustang is pulling up and we look at it, i was as well as others thinking it was a cop trying to make out the sirens on it but as i did they went on, we started calmly walki when everyone ran, the two people about to race floored it and the gt/cobra thing hit the driver of the 3000gt he rolled off the hood and did a faceplant on some ashfalt and the two kept on going. the cops went after the first people to run a grand cherokee and we all bolted going down side streets, i saw people going down the wrong way on one ways, it was exzilerating. we went back to the gas station and chilled for about 15 when the cops rolld up and busted us and we went home about 3:15 got home 430 and im tired as hell.

what a night
and wheres my longest post of the month award?
Old 09-25-2004, 11:41 PM

wtf

do i need to make fun of a cavy to get osme attention down here? lol how bout some responce, have any of you seen anything like what i expereniced? words and stuff
Old 10-01-2004, 02:59 AM
Premium Member

Sorry man, I usually run out of energy once I get this far down the forums list. Sounds like an awesome night though, there's never anything like that, the most we get is 4 or 5 cars (and not good ones) together at one time. I'd love to hang out at big races like that, I'd need a better car though cuz I could never resist a race.

The worst part is the cops, people always go nuts when they show and it would be hella easier (and safer) if some guys could keep their cool a little more. Anyways, sweet post man. You should get some vid of this, now that would be really cool.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:19 PM

no u dont, there were some plain janes there as well people show up just to watch
Old 10-06-2004, 08:37 PM

Soundz like you had a very exciting night... Keep us posted of any other nights like that...
Old 10-18-2004, 04:18 PM

Damn...that was a long post. - So...people can actually get tickets for observing a street race? I suppose that makes sense..but ouch. This is why I don't bother hanging out at street racing spots. Too much attention. If anything, I'll roll through and check the rides out. Otherwise, not worth it. If the cops don't show up, a fight breaks out..someone crashes, or something equally stupid happens. Just my opinion. Be safe out there man.