War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

race wit a wack stang gt

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
race wit a wack stang gt

i was playing video games at friends house n on my way home a raced a silver stang gt n i smoked em, the guy looked at me first like i wasnt even goin to be able to keep up, but suprised him tho i bet. and im new to this standard daily thing. shouldnt have done it tho cuz its still needs some time to brake in but man was it fun.lol
Old 09-01-2008, 11:43 PM

what year GT? 04 and under are slow but 05 and up are fast
Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moved to War Stories, post in the correct section...
Old 09-01-2008, 11:54 PM

good kill! i assume u have the ss/tc?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by PimpLay2

Slow relative to what?

14.18 is a very attainable time for a stock 99-04 Mustang GT.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM

that comment always makes me laugh my ass off, lol...
Old 09-02-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by esfkotaro
that comment always makes me laugh my ass off, lol...
Which comment?

english, speak it!

Originally Posted by Blainestang

Slow relative to what?

14.18 is a very attainable time for a stock 99-04 Mustang GT.
Slow relative to REAL cars.. A 13.1 is a very attainable time for a 00-02 f body. The only mustang worth owning is an 03-04 cobra or 05+

I don't think my cobalt is fast so don't try and argue with me.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Banned

I see stock mustangs from 04 to 08 running 15's all day long at my local track

all in the driver

come to think of it i have video of my friends 2.4 running neck and neck with a later model GT.. the GT couldn't drive.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Try2k
Slow relative to REAL cars.. A 13.1 is a very attainable time for a 00-02 f body. The only mustang worth owning is an 03-04 cobra or 05+

I don't think my cobalt is fast so don't try and argue with me.
That's not what he meant.

Clearly, his reference point was a car that he assumes to be faster than a 99-04 GT and slower than an 05+ GT.

An LS1 F-body is faster, yes, but it has nothing to do with this thread except that it is the victim of your Red Herring.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Clearly, his reference point was a car that he assumes to be faster than a 99-04 GT and slower than an 05+ GT.

An LS1 F-body is faster, yes, but it has nothing to do with this thread except that it is the victim of your Red Herring.
is that logic term I see?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mss26
I see stock mustangs from 04 to 08 running 15's all day long at my local track

all in the driver

come to think of it i have video of my friends 2.4 running neck and neck with a later model GT.. the GT couldn't drive.
Yeah, driver is of utmost importance, and low 14's for a 99-04 Mustang generally assumes reasonable weather conditions and decent driving.

As another example of crappy driving, my stock-ish V6 Mustang ran neck and neck with an AMG E55 in the 1/8th mile. Clearly, that has no bearing on what the car is capable of or what SHOULD have happened.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

Yeah, driver is of utmost importance, and low 14's for a 99-04 Mustang generally assumes reasonable weather conditions and decent driving.

As another example of crappy driving, my stock-ish V6 Mustang ran neck and neck with an AMG E55 in the 1/8th mile. Clearly, that has no bearing on what the car is capable of or what SHOULD have happened.
Yep, very true. It just seems that for all cars in general there are very few people who can truly drive them to their potential at the track.

Which isn't an insult to anyone, because it takes practice. And I'm one of the ones who needs practice too .

And our local track is pretty crappy.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:01 PM

Red Herring lol... this isn't composition or philosophy

You bolded "04 and under are slow" and the proceeded to say "in comparison to what?"

All I am stating is that they are slow IN GENERAL... They are just flat out slow. So in comparison to ANY CAR not just one in particular and I don't think we were specifying in the first place.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by PimpLay2

that one Blaine
Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by esfkotaro
that one Blaine
Gotcha...

Didn't know if you meant that one or mine.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:07 PM

nope.

I'm a mustang addict. had 6 of 'em before the cobalt (if you count parts cars, otherwise just 4)

just had to get something a little better in the snow, kept missing classes because of weather last year
Old 09-02-2008, 02:13 PM

You bolded "04 and under are slow" and the proceeded to say "in comparison to what?"

All I am stating is that they are slow IN GENERAL... They are just flat out slow. So in comparison to ANY CAR not just one in particular and I don't think we were specifying in the first place.
yea, RED HERRING = QUEER.

"critical thinking" and "logic" is the most useless, uninteresting, and non life altering information available to man kind!

In fact, this is the first time Ive heard that BS since I took a class on it! Congrats blainestang! You do css.net, and humanity proud!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
In fact, this is the first time Ive heard that BS since I took a class on it! Congrats blainestang! You do css.net, and humanity proud!
Thanks... I think
Old 09-02-2008, 02:26 PM

Thanks... I think
that was sarcasm....

I HATED that class with a passion. The professor acted as if he was teaching a class about curing cancer with a wave of your hand. The guy was an idiot, and he thought his 100 level class was a 600 level course.

Not to mention, the "logic" they present makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. I understood CALCULUS and GRAPHING ON THE Z-AXIS better than that stupid class.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:32 PM

The SS/TC with a skilled driver would beat a stock Mustang GT (>04) from a dig, and most certainly from a roll. Even if the Mustang GT had a few bolt-ons I think the SS/TC would still have a good chance.

But yeah against a (>04) decently modded GT, or a 05+ Mustang GT, isn't going to happen stock...

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC;2826142I
HATED that class with a passion. The professor acted as if he was teaching a class about curing cancer with a wave of your hand. The guy was an idiot, and he thought his 100 level class was a 600 level course.

Not to mention, the "logic" they present makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. I understood CALCULUS and GRAPHING ON THE Z-AXIS better than that stupid class.
LMAO! I feel you man. I'm a philosophy minor, and I took "ADVANCED LOGIC" an upper level course with no background in logic whatsoever, and I thought I was going to fail for sure. Especially when it came to doing proofs... Couldn't stand having to use inference rules, and studying predicate vs sentential logic, doing the various logic tests, etc. I managed to pull a B out of my ass in that course, and I'll never take anything ever related to logic again...

Last edited by SS4EVER; 09-02-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by SS4EVER
The SS/TC with a skilled driver would beat a stock Mustang GT (>04) from a dig, and most certainly from a roll. Even if the Mustang GT had a few bolt-ons I think the SS/TC would still have a good chance.

But yeah against a 05+ Mustang GT, isn't going to happen stock...

LMAO! I feel you man. I'm a philosophy minor, and I took "ADVANCED LOGIC" an upper level course with no background in logic whatsoever, and I thought I was going to fail for sure. Especially when it came to doing proofs... Couldn't stand having to use inference rules, and studying predicate vs sentential logic, doing the various logic tests, etc. I managed to pull a B out of my ass in that course, and I'll never take anything ever related to logic again...
At least ur professor didnt have a perpertual sandpaper ***** up his ass about the class. He started off the first day with " so many people come into this class thinking theyre going to not work, and this will be an easy A". Let me tell you, that homosexual midget had his ass buddies that gave him a reach around, then everyone else he said **** you to. Id love to rip that ****** earring out of his queer ear and gouge out both of his homoerotic eye sockets with it...
Old 09-02-2008, 02:46 PM

Hmm... somehow I missed this one.

I'm not suggesting that 99-04 GT's are "super fast" in comparison to a lot of cars out there, but they are not "flat out slow in comparison to any car." You're just making your point look even more ridiculous by making ignorant statements because you can't back up your claim with a legitimate argument.

Fact is, fast and slow are relative, and compared to cars that were in it's price class (you could buy a new one for $18k, if you knew where to look) and relative to the Cobalt SS's (the main subject of this site), they are not "slow" in the 1/4-mile.

that was sarcasm....

I HATED that class with a passion. The professor acted as if he was teaching a class about curing cancer with a wave of your hand. The guy was an idiot, and he thought his 100 level class was a 600 level course.

OK... well then, I'm sorry you don't like the term "Red Herring".

Next time, I'll just say, "Your argument is irrelevant to the topic at hand" or something like that.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:48 PM

At least ur professor didnt have a perpertual sandpaper ***** up his ass about the class. He started off the first day with " so many people come into this class thinking theyre going to not work, and this will be an easy A". Let me tell you, that homosexual midget had his ass buddies that gave him a reach around, then everyone else he said **** you to. Id love to rip that ****** earring out of his queer ear and gouge out both of his homoerotic eye sockets with it...
Yeah a professor can make or break a class. I've had my fair share of courses that I've had to re-take because the prof was a douche and couldn't teach for sh*t.

I've taken all my philosophy courses with the same professor, a really cool lady who does a great and thorough job. I even wait until she's teaching a course that I need just to take her. I just need two more upper level courses and the minor is all taken care of...

But yeah I feel you.

Quick Reply: race wit a wack stang gt