War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced a jetta GLI then a sti

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
raced a jetta GLI then a sti

i went out to get some taco bell and as i was turning out i saw a jetta GLI. i followed for about 15 minutes and then i passed him in traffic and he got behind me and i signal to turn on the main road SR64. we get to a red light and im thinkin he wants to race but not sure so i steadily go out of first then shift to 2nd then he takes off and put my foot down and immediately i pull about 2 car lengths by the end of 2nd and so much more by the middle of 3rd. that was that race. then i was on the way to blockbuster after i stopped at a gas station a pull up to the light to turn and i see a silver 04-05 sti go by so i really want to race it because i never have and to see if it was true about our cars pulling an sti. so i catch up to him at a red light and he has his g/f in the car i think. im not gonna launch bc i know ill get killed.but i ease out again to about 4 grand and he punches it and i floor and get full traction. he pulled about 2 1/2 car lengths on me but as soon as i shifted to 2nd he stopped gaining and when i shifted to 3rd i was even more suprised that i was gaining on him. we only went to about 80-85 because of traffic but the way i was pulling on him im pretty sure i would have pulled up next him maybe even passed him.
well thats my war stories for the night.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:28 AM

im not gonna throw the b.s. flag or anything, since i have never raced a sti from a lower speed, but i have raced one on the highway from 80mph and he pulled on me pretty good. i guess either A: your guy was a bad driver, or B: the sti's arent that great from a slower punch... either way, good kills man!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
im not gonna throw the b.s. flag or anything, since i have never raced a sti from a lower speed, but i have raced one on the highway from 80mph and he pulled on me pretty good. i guess either A: your guy was a bad driver, or B: the sti's arent that great from a slower punch... either way, good kills man!
I'm gonna agree with you on this one, and say that anything can happen on the street...

On another note, I finally raced an SRT-4 on the highway from like a 70mph roll...he was stock...since he had temp tags, I doubt he had started modding yet...but I left him like he was standing still...and then when he passed me I waved...and he just stared at me...typical SRT-4 owner...can never give credit where credit is due.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by 05SCOOBYSTI
I'm gonna agree with you on this one, and say that anything can happen on the street...

On another note, I finally raced an SRT-4 on the highway from like a 70mph roll...he was stock...since he had temp tags, I doubt he had started modding yet...but I left him like he was standing still...and then when he passed me I waved...and he just stared at me...typical SRT-4 owner...can never give credit where credit is due.
Well, since you've got a cobb 2 and a catback i would imagine you'd beat him. That's nothing to be excited about dude. It also has nothing to do with this post since it's a horrible comparison.

Hah, a heavily modded Sti beats a stock SRT and brags about it on the SS forums...typical Sti owner
Old 12-17-2005, 05:21 PM

i guess he was a bad driver cause i gained steadily but slowly on him on him or he might not have been trying but from the looks and sound of his engine id say he was but who knows i was excited to see my car keeping up with an sti at that.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
Well, since you've got a cobb 2 and a catback i would imagine you'd beat him. That's nothing to be excited about dude. It also has nothing to do with this post since it's a horrible comparison.

Hah, a heavily modded Sti beats a stock SRT and brags about it on the SS forums...typical Sti owner
If I'm heavily modded then what is a turbo upgrade?
and of course I'm gonna talk about it...its still a turbo car...that people go on about for hours...if it was a honda then I wouldn't have even wasted my gas.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
K&N Drop-in air filter
Cobb AP Stage 2 93oct
Turboxs Stealthback Exhaust (Catless)

that is not heavily modded. that is BPU. heavily modded would be a lot longer list including fuel mods, turbo upgrade, internals, cams, etc. supposedly a stock srt is supposed to beat a stock sti from a roll. so with his small list, i would brag about it too.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss

Modded SRT-4 owner creeps a stock STI, and the whole world has to listen to it. A modded STI beats the **** out of an SRT-4 and all the sudden its hush time. I do agree that this isn't the best thread for the comparision, but hey wouldn't be the first time something got off topic around here.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Banned

Hey good kill... how does your exhaust sound?? If you don't mind me asking. The stock is too quiet for me.

And don't worry about bulldog he knows not what he speaks of.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by wasey13
Hey good kill... how does your exhaust sound?? If you don't mind me asking. The stock is too quiet for me.

And don't worry about bulldog he knows not what he speaks of.
Well...to whoever started this thread, sorry for taking it WAY off topic

As for my exhaust, I left the stock muffler on, so its not much louder then stock, but you definitly know its there. You actually hear more noise inside the cab from under the hood then you do from the rear of the car. I may get an axle back to complete the setup some day, but for now I like it.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Banned

Well...to whoever started this thread, sorry for taking it WAY off topic

As for my exhaust, I left the stock muffler on, so its not much louder then stock, but you definitly know its there. You actually hear more noise inside the cab from under the hood then you do from the rear of the car. I may get an axle back to complete the setup some day, but for now I like it.
I can get a slightly used injen intake and turboXS turbo back exhaust for a grand. I thought I read on the 06's that you have to cut or take something off on the undercarriage to change the exhaust??
Old 12-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wasey13
I can get a slightly used injen intake and turboXS turbo back exhaust for a grand. I thought I read on the 06's that you have to cut or take something off on the undercarriage to change the exhaust??
please take this convo to pm's or make another thread relating to this. thanks.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DC52NV
please take this convo to pm's or make another thread relating to this. thanks.
Ok, I figured this thread was done.:
Old 12-20-2005, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by yellowcobaltss05
i went out to get some taco bell and as i was turning out i saw a jetta GLI. i followed for about 15 minutes and then i passed him in traffic and he got behind me and i signal to turn on the main road SR64. we get to a red light and im thinkin he wants to race but not sure so i steadily go out of first then shift to 2nd then he takes off and put my foot down and immediately i pull about 2 car lengths by the end of 2nd and so much more by the middle of 3rd. that was that race. then i was on the way to blockbuster after i stopped at a gas station a pull up to the light to turn and i see a silver 04-05 sti go by so i really want to race it because i never have and to see if it was true about our cars pulling an sti. so i catch up to him at a red light and he has his g/f in the car i think. im not gonna launch bc i know ill get killed.but i ease out again to about 4 grand and he punches it and i floor and get full traction. he pulled about 2 1/2 car lengths on me but as soon as i shifted to 2nd he stopped gaining and when i shifted to 3rd i was even more suprised that i was gaining on him. we only went to about 80-85 because of traffic but the way i was pulling on him im pretty sure i would have pulled up next him maybe even passed him.
well thats my war stories for the night.

I would guess that the STi was toying around with you, speeding up to get a couple of cars on you and then letting you catch up and hit the gas again to just get a head of you.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:58 PM

I'd love to race you from a highway roll, then when you get walked you can come and post about it.

Typical WRX owner thinking his **** doesnt smell.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:34 AM

If someone easily stomped on you right after you bought the car I'd imagine you'd be a little butthurt too. I hear those mods (K&N Drop-in air filter,Cobb AP Stage 2 93oct,Turboxs Stealthback Exhaust (Catless) ) help your top end out a bit?

Originally Posted by pkskull77
Modded SRT-4 owner creeps a stock STI, and the whole world has to listen to it. A modded STI beats the **** out of an SRT-4 and all the sudden its hush time.
Thats because the STi starts out faster and cost a bit more. Think if a C6 z06 beating a civic,, who gives a ****?? but a civic spanking a C6 Z06...then people will care. (yea it's a bad comparison but you get my point)
Old 12-21-2005, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by xonic
If someone easily stomped on you right after you bought the car I'd imagine you'd be a little butthurt too. I hear those mods (K&N Drop-in air filter,Cobb AP Stage 2 93oct,Turboxs Stealthback Exhaust (Catless) ) help your top end out a bit?

Going from Stage 1 to stage 2 with the Stealthback did wonders for the whole power band...if this car came from the factory like that it would be great. I never raced an SRT-4 from a roll when I was stock...so who knows.
As for being butthurt...not really, if you a buy a car for pure speed, you need to buy something other then an STI, SRT-4 Cobalt SS/SC...if I could have a Carrera GT that would be great...check out this video of one...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...109&q=top+gear
Old 12-21-2005, 04:20 PM

what about the GTI VW...are thoes pretty quick?