War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Ricer excuses

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by an0malous
not every post. but every day there is at least 1 or 2 threads dominated by this troll king.
Finally some respect, at least you think of me as a king now.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by god+1
99.9% of Cobalt owners that only race from a roll???

"

If that is mocking one person.....then you failed miserably.

All subaru owners are flaming homosexuals.

Of course...you automatically knew i only meant you right?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Might not be in this thread but I've seen him actually give someone some facts and pointers. I could show you a thread where he actually tried giving the guy advice without being rude and the guy totally blew him off like he didn't know what he was talking about.
And it's not a suprise either dude. His reputation precedes him. He could post a proven fact like oh say 2+2=4 and because of how terrible his attitude is I'd tell him to go hug a root and 2+2=5. Even though I knew otherwise.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Banned

If that is mocking one person.....then you failed miserably.

All subaru owners are flaming homosexuals.

Of course...you automatically knew i only meant you right?
Yep, I knew you meant me. I mean really, I called all Chevy owners gay, right?

The OP said 99.99% he was exaggerating, I am sure he just meant most. I said 99.9%, I was exaggerating, I meant most and that is a fact.

Mocking---
To mimic, as in sport or derision.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
And it's not a suprise either dude. His reputation precedes him. He could post a proven fact like oh say 2+2=4 and because of how terrible his attitude is I'd tell him to go hug a root and 2+2=5. Even though I knew otherwise.
I guess...I mean, you have your opinion of him which is fine but I can show you the thread I'm telling you about and the guy was a complete dick back to him without any cause.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Banned

Wesman????
Old 11-30-2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by god+1
How is this any different from the 99.9% of Cobalt owners that only race from a roll???

I hear it all the time, "I can beat you from a roll", "but your Cobalt will kill STIs/EVOs from a roll" "If I put the 10k difference in MSRPs, I would kill your car"

Or "At least its not a Neon...our interior is better... we can handle better"

So maybe you guys should rethink that it's only "riced out" civics that bring out the "ricer excuses"
Ain't that the truth. I think half the people on this site are for the most part a joke. I've been on this site long enough and been through enough to honestly say that with no regrets. And it seems like a fresh batch of noobs comes in every few months.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
I guess...I mean, you have your opinion of him which is fine but I can show you the thread I'm telling you about and the guy was a complete dick back to him without any cause.
I don't doubt you dude. I'm just saying it'll take more than one thread of not being a dick for people to come around to him.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:24 PM

I don't doubt you dude. I'm just saying it'll take more than one thread of not being a dick for people to come around to him.
Understood.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:22 AM

How did I stereotype or be an ass???
You stereotyped the cobalt sc driver as only running from a roll, and youre an ass by being disrespectful and just treating everyone like garbage. The only talent you have is drawing hate and sinking threads with rhetoric.

Take you're back handed compliments and comments and take em with ya

Also I never said all SS/SC race from a roll..
To quote you:

How is this any different from the 99.9% of Cobalt owners that only race from a roll???
Yes you did, oh sorry just 99.9% .... which is BS. Your the first to come running with a mop and bucket to stick up for anti honda stereotypes, but yet the first chance you get, you do the same. Please stfu...

How long have you been on this site?
Long enough to know you love to sink threads and stir the pot. Why does this matter anyway?

Also if you "KILL most that come knocking" you need to step out of the kiddy pool and start running cars other than ones that some stock minivans can beat.
I can't control who wants to race, I live in a kiddie pool city, not my fault the ricers around here dont know how to build a car. I mentioned I didnt think my car is fast either, its decent for where I live though. ****, its a 4 cyl balt man... I also said I dont think I can take STI's etc and once again you're showing your stupidity by stereotyping... thinking all I run is mini vans etc... and you dont even know my mods... lol Oh by the way there was a 10 second caravan at a local dragstrip, to quote you're words not all civics are slow, how could the same NOT apply to any vehicle.. lol you crack me up, go back to the tiburon forum.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
You stereotyped by saying that 99.9 cobalt sc drivers make excuses, youre an ass by being disrespectful and just treating everyone like garbage. The only talent you have is drawing hate and sinking threads with rhetoric.

To quote you:

Yes you did, oh sorry just 99.9% .... which is BS. Your the first to come running with a mop and bucket to stick up for anti honda stereotypes, but yet the first chance you get, you do the same. Please stfu...

Long enough to know you love to sink threads and stir the pot. Why does this matter anyway?

I can't control who wants to race, I live in a kiddie pool city, not my fault the ricers around here dont know how to build a car. I mentioned I didnt think my car is fast either, its decent for where I live though. ****, its a 4 cyl balt man... I also said I dont think I can take STI's etc and once again you're showing your stupidity by stereotyping... thinking all I run is mini vans etc... and you dont even know my mods... lol Oh by the way there was a 10 second caravan at a local dragstrip, to quote you're words not all civics are slow, how could the same NOT apply to any vehicle.. lol you crack me up, go back to the tiburon forum.

you need to get off this whole 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% bs. it was an exaggeration, that is all. he did not go out and poll everybody to get that number. it was more of a mock on the OP anyway.

he alo never said all you race is minivans, said you need to stop racing cars minivans can beat get it right.

look, im going to be quite honest here, god+1, on most of the other threads i thought you to be a jerk, sometimes a real dick to people. i rarely agree with your views on alot of topics. im getting the feeling there are others that agree with me.

this in no way means i will jump down your throat everytime you speak just because i have those feelings toward you. you are entitled to your opinions as i am mine, in this case, like i said, i agree with you and will side with you on this thread. this is the opinion i have for everybody. i notice some people jump down this guys throat just becasue they dont like him regardless of what he says.

People on this site take things way to seriously, everything that is said will be scrutinized to the highest level. A grammar mistake will be picked out and taken way out of control cause some people here are more concerned about hating people and making them look like retards then utilizing this forum for what it is intended. Get off your high horse, this is an open forum, not everybody will agree with you 100% and there is always someone to call bs on you. it is opinion, we all have one, we wont all get along, but we can all learn from each other.

[/end rant 2]
Old 12-01-2006, 10:43 AM

You cant sling crap around and expect people to bend over and take it. B
So I can go around here and stereotype and just be a jerk, and when I am called out, simply hide behind the excuse of me "Just kidding, and exaggeratin'?"

That is a stereotype and it was made from someone who's known to cause **** in threads for the fun of it.

Given that this type of ass is getting more common place here, as well as being defended for it.... I am outta here.

Have fun everyone, this is not a place for me anymore. There so much bullshit, and so little info, its a waste of time. I waded into this way too much already.

Peace.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:49 AM

i didnt say to run and hide, dont jump down someones throat cause you dont like them, especially when they make a valid point. but thats just my opinion anyway.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:04 AM

Valid points my azz... he spared no expense in treating people like garbage and just being an all around ******* here..

Have fun.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:10 AM

splink i understand what your trying to do....but i dont know if you realise....this guy has been banned before, numerous times, and every time he comes back its more of the same ****. snyde little remarks that he can defend by chuckling it off....but in the end every day hes a smartass punk trying to troll up the forums.

you can point to a good post here and there all you want. he has a long and star studded track record of assholiness and it continues to **** more and more people off.

and ill say it again since you defended it again.....mocking or not....you dont single out every single cobalt ss/sc owner on a site and stereotype them in an attempt to goad 1 person.

Id also like to point out....that the name of this site is "cobaltss.net"
not "streetracecar.net"

most of us own cobalts....or vehicles in that same platform.....
and yet we are mocked by ******* sti trolls for being fanbois....and poeple stick up for them?
are we supposed to not like our car?
are we never supposed to be biased towards the car we love?

WHAT THE ****.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:32 AM

splink i understand what your trying to do....but i dont know if you realise....this guy has been banned before, numerous times, and every time he comes back its more of the same ****. snyde little remarks that he can defend by chuckling it off....but in the end every day hes a smartass punk trying to troll up the forums.

you can point to a good post here and there all you want. he has a long and star studded track record of assholiness and it continues to **** more and more people off.

and ill say it again since you defended it again.....mocking or not....you dont single out every single cobalt ss/sc owner on a site and stereotype them in an attempt to goad 1 person.

Id also like to point out....that the name of this site is "cobaltss.net"
not "streetracecar.net"

most of us own cobalts....or vehicles in that same platform.....
and yet we are mocked by ******* sti trolls for being fanbois....and poeple stick up for them?
are we supposed to not like our car?
are we never supposed to be biased towards the car we love?

WHAT THE ****.

i agree with you, ive seen his track record and gotten into it with him on different threads.

all im saying is he made a point that he has heard "ricer excuses" from cobalt owners also and we are not immune to "rice" here. i agree with that.

i dont mean to offend or come down on anybody, i apoligize if i have, i just hate to see a fairly valid point get slammed into the ground because of dislike toward someone.

yeah, we are supposed to like our cars and stick up for them, we paid good money for them so we better. when trolls attack our cars i stick up for them also and i will join with other cobalt owners in doing so.

when the stereotypes of ricer/nonricer come up though its a whole different story and ill defend whatever side my opinion falls in.

im good now, if you guys are cool also i say lets let the debate end here and get back to what the thread should be about...what are some excuses you have heard as to why they lost the race, regardless of the car they drive. anybody here give any good excuses either? im curious if anyone will admit any. :}

ill start with the one i submitted earlier:

a buddy of mine said his other car would have smoked me

and i used this one when i first got my car:

i hit the rev limiter, if i didnt i would have had a better chance of beating you
Old 12-01-2006, 11:41 AM

its funny how we always get dogged on for wanting to go from a roll now and then. i think that these AWD owners hate roll racing because they cant look as good as they do from a stop. race from a dig and an AWD drive demolishes the competition and looks fast as hell. race from a roll and its a much MUCH different story and of course the AWD car doesnt look as fast. and what makes these AWD cars SOOOOO fast in the 1/4? yes, they have a good amount of power(enough for high 13's), but the AWD is what puts them in the low 13's.
to add, i have heard many AWD owners say, "from a dig i would have killed you!" WHO CARES!!??? maybe thats the case, but it wasnt a dig race was it?
a roll race between a FWD and AWD car just evens the playing field a little bit. i agree that dig racing shoud be the preferred race for everyone, but when its just a ridiculous advantage, like AWD, then things should be evened out as well. maybe a couple lengths or going from a roll. IMO a roll race shows the true POWER vs. POWER race, rather than the AWD+POWER vs. FWD+POWER race.
with this said, i dont think that there are any good excuses. if a FWD loses to a AWD in a dig race, well then go from a roll as well. if the AWD loses to the FWD from a roll, well then go from a dig. if your car is just plain slower than the other, well then accept it and move on. simple really...
Old 12-01-2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
its funny how we always get dogged on for wanting to go from a roll now and then. i think that these AWD owners hate roll racing because they cant look as good as they do from a stop. race from a dig and an AWD drive demolishes the competition and looks fast as hell. race from a roll and its a much MUCH different story and of course the AWD car doesnt look as fast. and what makes these AWD cars SOOOOO fast in the 1/4? yes, they have a good amount of power(enough for high 13's), but the AWD is what puts them in the low 13's.
to add, i have heard many AWD owners say, "from a dig i would have killed you!" WHO CARES!!??? maybe thats the case, but it wasnt a dig race was it?
a roll race between a FWD and AWD car just evens the playing field a little bit. i agree that dig racing shoud be the preferred race for everyone, but when its just a ridiculous advantage, like AWD, then things should be evened out as well. maybe a couple lengths or going from a roll. IMO a roll race shows the true POWER vs. POWER race, rather than the AWD+POWER vs. FWD+POWER race.
with this said, i dont think that there are any good excuses. if a FWD loses to a AWD in a dig race, well then go from a roll as well. if the AWD loses to the FWD from a roll, well then go from a dig. if your car is just plain slower than the other, well then accept it and move on. simple really...
trudat.

i think maybe they dont understand....its not that we dont want to race from a dig....its that its a conceeded race. we can do it if you want...but whats the point...we both know that its no competition with the WORST drivetrain system vs the BEST.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
a wise man once said..."excuses are like buttholes, we all have one and they all stink."

its natural for people to want to compete at something they are good at, like roll racing for us, digs for awd. i like to try both though. i know my car is amazing from a roll but im working on launching to try and get better at digs also.

what you say is absolutely right also
Old 12-01-2006, 11:52 AM

trudat.

i think maybe they dont understand....its not that we dont want to race from a dig....its that its a conceeded race. we can do it if you want...but whats the point...we both know that its no competition with the WORST drivetrain system vs the BEST.
i actually had race set up with a stock WRX one time. he drove out to some empty road where there were houses being built. the road had some dirt and sand all over it and of course he wanted to go from a dig. normally i dont mind but this was just ridiculous. i spun through first and second with no traction at all. after the first run, i asked if he wanted to try a slow roll so i could get some traction. his exact words were, "nah, i think you just need to learn how to drive your car..." i think that has to be the most ignorant response i have ever heard in my life from a person.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 PM

wow all the butt hurt people in this thread...every car has its ricers, cobalts included...just cause its a honda dosnt make it rice.

i do seem to notice an arrogence on this site,(hate me if you want for this) but i see it more from ss/sc owners then the rest. and when somone questions the balts greatness. everyone feels like they have to gang up on him...its quite childish in my opnion
Old 12-01-2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by halfj99
wow all the butt hurt people in this thread...every car has its ricers, cobalts included...just cause its a honda dosnt make it rice.

i do seem to notice an arrogence on this site,(hate me if you want for this) but i see it more from ss/sc owners then the rest. and when somone questions the balts greatness. everyone feels like they have to gang up on him...its quite childish in my opnion
It's a Cobalt site for crying out loud. I don't get what is so hard for people to add up in their heads. Cobalt forum + Cobalt owners= a place where people who love their Cobalt come to talk about Cobalts. I don't want to hear jack about an SRT-4 or an STI unless I own one and am on an STI or SRT-4 forum, or a Cobalt beats one. If someone comes a trolling and gets ganged up he deserves it, to think otherwise is stupid in my opinion. There are members who drive other cars on this forum and they for the most part are helpful and don't go out of their way to talk down the Cobalt. You'll notice they don't have double digit ban counts. That just goes to prove that certain people are just trolling bitches. I'm tired of people complaining that we defend the Cobalt too much. No ****, Cobaltss.net, with a name like that you'd think it was a forum for Cobalts.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by halfj99

correct. People on here can't argue and understand that theres a good chance the person there arguing with may not come around. And when they get frustrated they start with the name calling and then everything goes down hill from there. Believe it or not this place needs people like God+1 on here casue even though he comes off ruff and has his opinions, he has alotta facts too. and as long as he doesn't do any name calling i dont see why he shouldn't be on here. Just cause a member isn't pro cobalt or own one doesn't mean they can't post what they feel if its tactfull enough.

Last edited by Darksun; 12-04-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:34 PM

It's a Cobalt site for crying out loud. I don't get what is so hard for people to add up in their heads. Cobalt forum + Cobalt owners= a place where people who love their Cobalt come to talk about Cobalts. I don't want to hear jack about an SRT-4 or an STI unless I own one and am on an STI or SRT-4 forum, or a Cobalt beats one. If someone comes a trolling and gets ganged up he deserves it, to think otherwise is stupid in my opinion. There are members who drive other cars on this forum and they for the most part are helpful and don't go out of their way to talk down the Cobalt. You'll notice they don't have double digit ban counts. That just goes to prove that certain people are just trolling bitches. I'm tired of people complaining that we defend the Cobalt too much. No ****, Cobaltss.net, with a name like that you'd think it was a forum for Cobalts.
But guess what thats fine and all but he's posting in this thread which is in war stories not like he's spouting off these things in a dissusion about removing pistons or somthing. And just cause this is a cobalt forums doesnt mean everything talked about HAS to be cobalt related. You feel they should be banned i feel not all of them should be banned. Acutally there's very few people i ever think should be banned unless there completely ignorant and just wanna start trouble, Thats the def of a troll not the person doesn't love cobalts.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:47 PM

wow there is alot of **** to say about god+1

all i can say is i might not agree with how he says stuff but from what i can see most of the **** he says has a huge point

he has useful info and i personally think that by him being here either the noobs will leave by his critisizing or grow up

and lets put it this way alot of people bitch because oh that evo or sti costs 10 grand more than mine

well if you are a true tuner/ racer then put that 10 grand in your car and smoke his ass

otherwise if your buying the car for other reasons then stfu

Quick Reply: Ricer excuses