War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Should i have kept my sti?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No I want a Ford Aerostar, those are so much worse. Watch me win car of the month still hahaha.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rissa
I like the look of a 2 door car over a 4 door. Looks too mom-ish lol.
I agree.. coupes are sexy... but there are a few cars that the status/performance overrides the sedan aspect. Obviously STI & Evo being two of the more prominent ones, their rally history and performance make up for it. However if they still made the 2 door scoobys I would be way more inclined to buy one of those.

Not to mention I liked having the STI, because the doors were so little, and light. lol. Cobalt doors are huge.

Originally Posted by Rissa
No I want a Ford Aerostar, those are so much worse. Watch me win car of the month still hahaha.
Oh god

Last edited by Jazer; 12-09-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
ROFL

It will be an 08 viper, and yes it will be better than ur GTO. Sorry if youre butthurt.
By the time you get a Viper, I'll have HAD a CTS-V, and you'll get smoked anyway.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:41 PM

Got my balt for around 22k with a few k's in rebates. 5 year note with 0%! So.. paying 22k + a few thousand in performance mods and weight reduction in the fure. Will prove to be a monster at the track. cmiller is already in the mid to high 12's with just a few swaps. ZZP has a proven 500+ whp car. So much potential for not alot of money invested. Say a person bought and built up an SS/TC for 32,000 brand new car and parts. Thats a total win. Plus the SS/TC is in FWD class and set the record. Sti's are way awsome.. but so costly new.. and have heard they have many costs to repair less then 10 years into their life. Buying a new 4wd trans is costly. Buy a used SS/TC and put 10 or less thousand = 25k or less into the whole build. Low 12 high 11 second car EASY.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Banned

If it's so easy how come only 1 car (shop car) has done it?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:15 PM

:facepalm
Old 12-09-2009, 07:16 PM

I would have found a way to keep the STI.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Drag strip:

LSJ = wheelhop
CSRT4 = wheelspin
Cobra = backend kicking out
Evo = goes straight

Snow/ice/rain:

LSJ = wheelhop + sliding
CSRT4 = wheelspin, but otherwise good due to ESP
Cobra = hold on to your asscheeks
Evo = unstoppable

Cornering:

LSJ = pretty good
CSRT4 = decent
Cobra = average
Evo = excellent

stock 1/4 miles:

LSJ = mid 14's
CSRT4 = 13.9 @ 106.6
Cobra = ~13.7Evo = low 13's

Maybe I should be specifying, but I have the evo 9 which is the fastest evo out of the box.

And I agree, if he didnt like it thats cool. But honestly, you need to really drive the car to understand the difference, and not necessarily for just a test drive.

Why are you comparing the 99 and 01 Cobras? Why not use the 03/04's? They run 12's with ease stock.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 PM

LOL.. i'm just guessing here, but probably has something to do with warrenty. I could be mistaken, but being as how the TC has only been out since '08 and they are still DD. Give it a few more years. Anyway.. just i'm bias in my statements. It's my plan to make a total track car after 5+ years. Just a poor fire fighter. Not rich or anything. hehe..
Old 12-10-2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
And when you get that car, we'll hear all about how THAT car is the best car ever.
I just spit coffee out my nose. Yes, you know traditions like this wont die...

1BAD (thumping chest on the css.net soapbox): Maybe I should be specifying, but "I" have the evo 9 which is the fastest evo out of the box.
I remember you bashing me for pages a while ago saying "Stock means **** all... who keeps a car stock" when you were in your CSRT > world phase, but I guess that all changes now you have the fastest stock breed of evo.....
And dude, you need to learn what a good looking car / mean looking car is. The CSRT is not mean, unless you find a Toyota Matrix/Minivan mean. The evo looks like a chick car. Only enthusiasts know what it is, hence why we like it here.. To the majority of those on the road it looks like gay wrapped in a silver box. And many would think its gayer that you race it on public highways... I wouldnt go broke for this experience. Much like a lot of everyday people must think my car is a cavalier.... lol However, I only owe few grand now on it and have 4 years of warranty left... also it has over 300 whp.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 AM

Sti>ss/tc
Old 12-10-2009, 08:59 AM

/\ Captain obvious has made his mark.... For the $$$ and pedegree there I should sure as *** hope so.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
If it's so easy how come only 1 car (shop car) has done it?
I have a feeling a lot of Cobalts are gonna start seeing 11's next year and I'm sure ZZP (if not others as well) will make 10's.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 PM

By the time you get a Viper, I'll have HAD a CTS-V, and you'll get smoked anyway.
haha, 3200 lbs car @ 570 whp vs a 4500 lb car @ 500 whp. Whos going to win I wonder.....

And I didnt know the cts-v was on par with the Z06 and the ZR1...
Old 12-10-2009, 06:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
haha, 3200 lbs car @ 570 whp vs a 4500 lb car @ 500 whp. Whos going to win I wonder.....
More like who's gonna crash 1st.

Just messing.

A new CTS-V is one of my dream cars for sure. Not big on the Vipers. Keep your evo and rape the Viper

On a side note I met a guy in Florida who was looking to set the world record for fastest 1/4 mile on stock turbo with the Evo8. I wonder if he ever made it, he had an extremely nice Evo. Think the record at the time was a 9.5 and he ran a 9.9 or 9.8 with 50 less whp then he had when I met him.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
I just spit coffee out my nose. Yes, you know traditions like this wont die...

I remember you bashing me for pages a while ago saying "Stock means **** all... who keeps a car stock" when you were in your CSRT > world phase, but I guess that all changes now you have the fastest stock breed of evo.....
And dude, you need to learn what a good looking car / mean looking car is. The CSRT is not mean, unless you find a Toyota Matrix/Minivan mean. The evo looks like a chick car. Only enthusiasts know what it is, hence why we like it here.. To the majority of those on the road it looks like gay wrapped in a silver box. And many would think its gayer that you race it on public highways... I wouldnt go broke for this experience. Much like a lot of everyday people must think my car is a cavalier.... lol However, I only owe few grand now on it and have 4 years of warranty left... also it has over 300 whp.
The evo 9 has the largest turbo for the 4g63. You can easily make over 400 awhp on the stock turbo. Its also out performed the X, AND all previous model year evo's in the quarter mile and around the track. Average drivers net low 13's STOCK. That is the fastest model year evo PERIOD ( unless you get into the foreign evo's that make over 400 awhp out of the box and cost over 60k! ). I dont make this **** up.

A good looking car and a mean looking car? You drive a cobalt for **** sake. The evo's look much more aggressive than the cobalts lol. As you said cobalts look like glorified cavaliers! And honestly the SS is more of a chick car than the EVO. There are hardly any girls driving evo's on the forums.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 PM

The evo 9 has the largest turbo for the 4g63. You can easily make over 400 awhp on the stock turbo. Its also out performed the X, AND all previous model year evo's in the quarter mile and around the track. Average drivers net low 13's STOCK. That is the fastest model year evo PERIOD ( unless you get into the foreign evo's that make over 400 awhp out of the box and cost over 60k! ). I dont make this **** up.
Yep. Stock matters now. Imagine that eh!

A good looking car and a mean looking car? You drive a cobalt for **** sake. The evo's look much more aggressive than the cobalts lol. As you said cobalts look like glorified cavaliers! And honestly the SS is more of a chick car than the EVO. There are hardly any girls driving evo's on the forums.
Who is saying the balt looks more mean/agg than an evo? IMO it looks better than the toaster.... Again though you have the bums eye and confuse mean with ugly.

I prefer the performance of the 9 and the looks of the X. The 9 is just too boxy and shitty looking. Albeit, like you said, at least it is fast stock... if you care about that type of thing.

AWD is great thats for sure, but I would much rather have it in a truck. More practical up here... especially in winter. Im looking at a few trucks.

Last edited by SuperchargedSS; 12-10-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:27 PM

Yep. Stock matters now. Imagine that eh!

Who is saying the balt looks more mean/agg than an evo? IMO it looks better than than the toaster.... Again though you have the bums eye and confuse mean with ugly.

I prefer the performance of the 9 and the looks of the X. The 9 is just too boxy and shitty looking. Albeit, like you said, at least it is fast stock... if you care about that type of thing.

AWD is great thats for sure, but I would much rather have it in a truck. More practical up here... especially in winter. Im looking at a few trucks.
I totally agree. I prefer the looks of the X, however the new hood style with that goofy ass tiny hood scoop just looks gay and isnt very functional. The giant ass opening in the top of the hood on the IX and VIII allows so much more airflow and heat extraction its insane. You can see the heat radiating out of the engine bay. Its sweet looking.

Get an SRT8 ^^
Old 12-11-2009, 12:16 AM

um less payment, more warranty, similar speed, better gas mileage.... Im not seeing where you went wrong. Altho if i lost my job i wouldnt have gone out and bought a NEW car but o well.

And ya you were well on your way for paying like 15g's over the cars value NEW.... and than the warranty runs out...
Old 12-11-2009, 07:39 AM

Both the cobalt and the evo are not good looking cars. The rear end of the evo 9 and down is hideous and they look like glorified lancers, which is nothing to brag about. But both cars are not bought for the looks imo. And the balt really is a chicks car, my girl loved my tc at first sight and she hated the sti I test drove with her, lol.

OP, taking the right decision money wise is always the best choice. Buying a new car while being laid off was maybe not the best one, but if you are saving money it's fine. You can always find a new sti in a few years and mod it with the money you saved, plus have a decent cash down when you will buy one again.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:49 AM

1BAD, you bought a new car with no income in this econonmy? Tell me there is more to this. I am not buying an SRT-8, my bro in law has a SRT -10 sick. I am just not a big dodge guy and if I was I would be restoring a real one.

However May 1st I take ownership of the 68 vette ragtop 427 in my pics :P Finally. The cobalt is a daily driver.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:26 AM

1BAD, you bought a new car with no income in this econonmy? Tell me there is more to this. I am not buying an SRT-8, my bro in law has a SRT -10 sick. I am just not a big dodge guy and if I was I would be restoring a real one.

However May 1st I take ownership of the 68 vette ragtop 427 in my pics :P Finally. The cobalt is a daily driver.

well, if you crash ur cobalt and get money from insurance...

Beautiful cars. That model year was way ahead of its time in terms of looks. Thats my second favorite year on the cvette in terms of looks. My fav is the 1963 stingray.

Originally Posted by jb09ss
Both the cobalt and the evo are not good looking cars. The rear end of the evo 9 and down is hideous and they look like glorified lancers, which is nothing to brag about. But both cars are not bought for the looks imo. And the balt really is a chicks car, my girl loved my tc at first sight and she hated the sti I test drove with her, lol.

OP, taking the right decision money wise is always the best choice. Buying a new car while being laid off was maybe not the best one, but if you are saving money it's fine. You can always find a new sti in a few years and mod it with the money you saved, plus have a decent cash down when you will buy one again.
^This. I hate the back end of the evo.

The sti will always be around unless slowbaru takes an economic dump. I seriously doubt this is going to happen though.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 12-11-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 AM

I totally agree. I prefer the looks of the X, however the new hood style with that goofy ass tiny hood scoop just looks gay and isnt very functional. The giant ass opening in the top of the hood on the IX and VIII allows so much more airflow and heat extraction its insane. You can see the heat radiating out of the engine bay. Its sweet looking.

Get an SRT8 ^^
Sigh. Your heat extractor is the size it is because of the orientation of the turbo at the front of the engine. Our "tiny ass hood scoop" called a Naca duct, that "just looks gay and isnt very functional" is not true. It feeds air through the hood, then through a series of channels to help cool the turbo since ours is rear mounted.

You have such tunnel vision its not even funny. How come every thread in this section that you post in, ends up about your Evo?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by The Sunburst Kid
Sigh. Your heat extractor is the size it is because of the orientation of the turbo at the front of the engine. Our "tiny ass hood scoop" called a Naca duct, that "just looks gay and isnt very functional" is not true. It feeds air through the hood, then through a series of channels to help cool the turbo since ours is rear mounted.

You have such tunnel vision its not even funny. How come every thread in this section that you post in, ends up about your Evo?
Are you mad u bought the wrong model year evo??
Old 12-11-2009, 09:53 AM

Too late now. Just modify the **** out of your cobalt if you're feeling too slow. The cobalt still won't be a better car when compared to a modded Sti though.

Quick Reply: Should i have kept my sti?????