War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS S/C vs. GTO

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
GTO's are slow, I cant even touch stock Cobalts. Make sure you bet alot of money on that race.
are you the same kid who had that fast green ford tarus back in the day?

Originally Posted by cpraider12
i raced a gto 6.0litre tonite from a dig and a roll....from a dig i lost by 2-3 cars the first time then the second time was 4cars and then from a roll at 40 they got me by 1 car and then after 110 they walked me and i let off......and my mods are in my sig
sounds about right. thanks for being realistic. we got alot of ******* noobs on here swearing up and down that Gto's are easy kills which isn't the case......

Last edited by Darksun; 06-13-2007 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
That's always the excuse! Haha... "He just didn't know how to drive"

Geez... People these days. Talking Bad about people they know nothing about.
If you went even with a 6.0 M6 GTO, then I know they cant drive. I don't need to know them personally to tell you they can't drive. Race someone who knows what they're doing. Get smoked, and cry yourself to sleep begging someone to tell you they had nitrous.

Originally Posted by Darksun
are you the same kid who had that fast green ford tarus back in the day?

sounds about right. thanks for being realistic. we got alot of ******* noobs on here swearing up and down that Gto's are easy kills which isn't the case......
Nah my SHO is Silver and wasnt very fast. +1 on your response though. This site isn't as bad as I thought at first, but the occasional kid who runs a bad driver thinks they cant beat everyone.

Last edited by SLoW SHO; 06-13-2007 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by cpraider12
i raced a gto 6.0litre tonite from a dig and a roll....from a dig i lost by 2-3 cars the first time then the second time was 4cars and then from a roll at 40 they got me by 1 car and then after 110 they walked me and i let off......and my mods are in my sig
That guy was 1 car back with a CAI, stage 2 and a 2.8" Pulley and you tell him "thanks for being realistic"... I've got CAI, Stage 2, 2.8" pulley, HEADER, DP, AND CAT-BACK and when I say that I run side by side with a 6.0 I get flamed???

Hmmm... You guys are right... my header, downpipe, and Cat-Back probably isn't enough to make up for that 1 car difference.

And the guy with the Camaro and the GTO runs consistent low 13's... so if he's that bad of a bad driver... then I guess YOU are a bad driver.

There's no sense in arguing over it. You are underestimating MY car... a car you know nothing about. You've never seen MY car... never seen MY Dyno sheet. There is no reason for me to lie about beating or running even with these cars. I gain nothing from lying to a bunch of strangers that I beat a car. There is no reason to lie... so I don't. As a Marine, I pride myself on my Integrity, please don't question it.

I'm not here saying that a Stock SS/SC can keep up... because there is no way in hell that a stock SS/SC can keep up with someone who can drive a goat halfway descent - 5.7L or 6.0L. So there is no sense in getting all worked up about it. You know what you know... I know what I know.

One day you'll race an SS/SC from a 40 roll and crush it by like 10 cars and think that all SS/SC's will lose that bad. You'll come on here and post it... and everybody will scream "Bad Driver" and other stupid stuff! There's no point in it. Relax and have some fun.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Banned

One day you'll race an SS/SC from a 40 roll and crush it by like 10 cars and think that all SS/SC's will lose that bad. You'll come on here and post it... and everybody will scream "Bad Driver" and other stupid stuff! There's no point in it. Relax and have some fun.
Been there, done that. At least he was cool about it. He made more power than you too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKvxzdxzjIo
Old 06-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Been there, done that. At least he was cool about it. He made more power than you too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKvxzdxzjIo
That's cool. But I find it hard to believe he had more power than me with a 2.9" pulley and stock downpipe. But it happens. Like I said... different cars... different powers. No 2 cars are the same, you should know that. But just to be a pain in the butt... I'll call the classic "Bad Driver" excuse!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

That's cool. But I find it hard to believe he had more power than me with a 2.9" pulley and no downpipe. But it happens. Like I said... different cars... different powers. No 2 cars are the same, you should know that.
I know that no two cars are the same. Maybe he does have a downpipe I don't know. The fact is he still made more power than you. He's got HP Tuners, just because you have a pulley thats one tenth of an inch smaller doesn't mean he can't make more power than you. I'm sure I don't have to get into why he made more power with a bigger pulley. Or are you one of those guys thats swears only by more boost = more power?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

True, you can make more power with just a 3.0" pulley. BUT I haven't seen many cars with 42.5# injectors making much more than what I've got. Not saying it's not possible... but if you are under the impression that he makes the advertised 305 horsepower AT THE WHEELS... you are WAY wrong. Let's see a dyno sheet... or is he taking the reading off of his trusty Interceptor?

So that's the question now... how much does he make?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Banned

It's funny that people brought up my business in this thread and no one cared.

For you dopes who think your special and are in disbelief think about it. Unlike your jobs unless the world enters a total vegitation killing drought I have a job. Those of you who doubt the profits should get off your asses and find out what your missing.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this thread is so jam pack full of paper racers its unbelievable.

I just wanna put this out there.....
you guys are all aware that not every vehicle of every type, will always run, the best possible time, that ANYONE in north america has run.....with that type of car...

right?

cuz it sure doesnt look like it with some of the bullshit gettin thrown around in here.

Last edited by an0malous; 06-13-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:42 PM

That guy was 1 car back with a CAI, stage 2 and a 2.8" Pulley and you tell him "thanks for being realistic"... I've got CAI, Stage 2, 2.8" pulley, HEADER, DP, AND CAT-BACK and when I say that I run side by side with a 6.0 I get flamed???

Hmmm... You guys are right... my header, downpipe, and Cat-Back probably isn't enough to make up for that 1 car difference.

And the guy with the Camaro and the GTO runs consistent low 13's... so if he's that bad of a bad driver... then I guess YOU are a bad driver.

There's no sense in arguing over it. You are underestimating MY car... a car you know nothing about. You've never seen MY car... never seen MY Dyno sheet. There is no reason for me to lie about beating or running even with these cars. I gain nothing from lying to a bunch of strangers that I beat a car. There is no reason to lie... so I don't. As a Marine, I pride myself on my Integrity, please don't question it.

I'm not here saying that a Stock SS/SC can keep up... because there is no way in hell that a stock SS/SC can keep up with someone who can drive a goat halfway descent - 5.7L or 6.0L. So there is no sense in getting all worked up about it. You know what you know... I know what I know.

WHOA!!!!!!! who said i was talking about you and your race against one?!?!?!?! Easy man im saying even on a good day a stock ss/sc shouldn't be neck and neck with a stock 5.7 or 6.0 gto. and a stock one def can't miss a gear and still be next to a 6.0 one from a dig...

Last edited by Darksun; 06-13-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:10 PM

The fact is he still made more power than you.
Power isn't everything. As you guys have so conveniently brought up, some people suck at driving. What has the guy in Sho's video ran in the 1/4 vs. what USMCfieldMP has run? There are people on here that have run better times w/ only a tune, intake, & wheel hop mods than those w/ Stage 2 and practically every other bolt-on out there. How else do you explain that the "fastest recorded stock GTO in the world" ran a 13.08, and yet others can barelymanage to even break into the 13's? This thread is funny, nobody is bashing GTOs, and nobody is bashing Cobalts, yet everyone is sticking up for their car. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.

ps. I agree 100% w/ anamolous' post about two or three above this.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

WHOA!!!!!!! who said i was talking about you and your race against one?!?!?!?! Easy man im saying even on a good day a stock ss/sc should be neck and neck with a stock 5.7 or 6.0 gto. and a stock one def can't miss a gear and still be next to a 6.0 one from a dig...
I gotta ya... I'm not good at aiming my words to people, more of a Spray and Pray sort of guy. Haha... Sorry.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by N8s07SS
Power isn't everything. As you guys have so conveniently brought up, some people suck at driving. What has the guy in Sho's video ran in the 1/4 vs. what USMCfieldMP has run? There are people on here that have run better times w/ only a tune, intake, & wheel hop mods than those w/ Stage 2 and practically every other bolt-on out there. How else do you explain that the "fastest recorded stock GTO in the world" ran a 13.08, and yet others can barelymanage to even break into the 13's? This thread is funny, nobody is bashing GTOs, and nobody is bashing Cobalts, yet everyone is sticking up for their car. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.

ps. I agree 100% w/ anamolous' post about two or three above this.
I don't have the "Fastest recorded Stock GTO time in the world" I'm about 3 tenths short of that. The explanation is Bad Drivers. Like I've been saying

True, you can make more power with just a 3.0" pulley. BUT I haven't seen many cars with 42.5# injectors making much more than what I've got. Not saying it's not possible... but if you are under the impression that he makes the advertised 305 horsepower AT THE WHEELS... you are WAY wrong. Let's see a dyno sheet... or is he taking the reading off of his trusty Interceptor?

So that's the question now... how much does he make?
270whp. This isn't my first day on the job please don't mistake me for a newb.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:10 PM

Just to interject, my friends with 2 i/h/e RSX-S' have beaten the same Stage2 Cobalt...and my 2004...thats right, 2004 with headers/intake, whooped both the RSX's. I find these Cobalt owners who are absolutely convinced they can beat or be dead even hilarious. As I said in another thread, did the guys at GM really go "Lets bring back the GTO, stuff 400hp 8cyl and a 6spd in it, sell it for 32k..then build a 4cyl COBALT that beats it for 20k?" hahahaha. I honestly have never seen fanboys like this ever before. And im on Honda-Tech, ClubRSX, and SRT4 sites. Cobaltss.net takes the cake.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:36 PM

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but how can you say this:

Originally Posted by SScarTuning
The worst time I ever put down in one of my GTo's was a 13.56
and then this:

I have tuned some of the fastest cobalts around. Honestly....they are not fast in comparison. Cobalts are fun little cars, but in no way are they are race for a GTO
when there are a list of 10 Cobalts on this site alone that have all beaten that time? I'm sure there are more out on the streets that don't post on here as well. Obviously you have not tuned some of the fastest Cobalts around. Only a select few on here claim that stock for stock an SS/SC can hang w/ a GTO, and yes, they are clearly mistaken. But to say that a highly modded Cobalt is no match for a stock GTO is just ignorant. I mean come on, a modded anything can keep up with a stock anything. I'm really surprised that none of the guys who've run lower than 13.5's have nothing to say about this. Once again, I know GTO's are faster and 90% of the time will beat an SS/SC, but all that I am saying along w/ many others in this thread is that it IS POSSIBLE for a modded SS/SC to hang w/ a stock GTO.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by N8s07SS
when there are a list of 10 Cobalts on this site alone that have all beaten that time? I'm sure there are more out on the streets that don't post on here as well. Obviously you have not tuned some of the fastest Cobalts around. Only a select few on here claim that stock for stock an SS/SC can hang w/ a GTO, and yes, they are clearly mistaken. But to say that a highly modded Cobalt is no match for a stock GTO is just ignorant. I mean come on, a modded anything can keep up with a stock anything. I'm really surprised that none of the guys who've run lower than 13.5's have nothing to say about this. Once again, I know GTO's are faster and 90% of the time will beat an SS/SC, but all that I am saying along w/ many others in this thread is that it IS POSSIBLE for a modded SS/SC to hang w/ a stock GTO.
I don't think the guys on here are saying its absolutly impossible to beat a GTO with a Cobalt. They are saying its NOT LIKELY to happen with X mods on the Cobalt. Hell a Cobalt could beat a new Z06 with enough money and mods.

I will say though a list of 10 Cobalts that can run 13.5 or better isn't a high number when you get on a GTO forum and that is average or below average on the forum. On the other had, in time, more Cobalts will be running faster and more mods will come out along with more people on the site.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:41 PM

How many cobalts actually run 13's? Not many at all. Stock GTO's run high 12's to mid 13's. My viewpoint isn't ignorant, it is factual. I didn't say that it was impossible, but it certainly isn't likely. I tune cobalts and GTO's and drive both often. There is a ss/sc sitting in my driveway right now with just about every bolt on mod you can do to it. I have been driving it finalizing the tune for a few days. I can tell you this, it is no where near as fast as the SS Trailblazer I drive everyday. That is a 4800lb truck that makes about 380/390 to the tires. A GTO weighs about 900lbs less and makes about 30-40 horsepower less to the tires in stock form. 14's is just not fast anymore. Coabalts have a ton of potiential to go fast, when folks really start tearing into the engine, forging the bottom end, running turbos, and finding new ways to get traction they will be significantly faster than the average cobalt today. As for a GTO, They spend $400 for header, $2000 for heads and cam, and another $1000 for other misc and they can run 11's easily. It just isn't comparing apples to apples....that is all I am saying
So is your TB SS faster than the Goat? I totally agree that it's not apples to apples to compare a Cobalt to a GTO, I just took offense to the posts discounting anyone running w/ a GTO. Disclaiming it merely based on the assumption of driver error on the GTO's part is ignorant, especially when you(they) have no clue who the poster is or what mods they have on their car. It may have been a bad GTO driver, maybe not. That's all, otherwise I totally agree.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a win is a win.

everything else is bench racing.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:29 PM

How many cobalts actually run 13's?
I will slap 13's around all day long...stopping to light a cigarette before I cross the finish line
I will also slap a stock GTO 5.7 liter or 6.0 liter around...all day long..all night long...and then back around in the morning. Heck, I will even let you slap bolt on's on it (minus changing the gearing) and still smile at one as I float by it
Old 06-14-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, I'm actually the original Bad06ss's little brother. I took over the payments on the cobalt and he bought a 2005 impulse blue 6 speed gto. When he bought his car it was tuned with a 3- inch cat-back exhaust. From a fifty mph role i put 2 1/2 cars on him by 110 and he'll vouch for that. Since then he has done an underdrive pully, custom intake, 150lbs of weight reduction, and has now tuned it to see as much as 30 degrees of timing. We recently took them both to the track and they both consistently trapped 108 in 93 degree heat and a 2900ft DA. GTO's are very stong down low as well as up top and down low is were cobalts run into traction issues with their fwd. I have raced two ls1 GTO's as well as two ls2 gto's and haven't lost yet. They might have been close to stock but it can be done. Being able to drive both when i want to and being able to compare back to back is very nice. I think both are great cars but i think anyone who thinks ANY GTO can beat a well driven highly modded cobalt ss/sc needs to get their facts straight. Just a thought.

Aaron
Old 06-14-2007, 06:16 PM

How many cobalts actually run 13's?
I have counted at least 25-30 on this site alone. I'm sure there is more!

14's is just not fast anymore.
Just because you have driven that modded Cobalt to 14 second passes does not mean everyone else would. Sounds like you need to invest in a driver mod!

Last edited by SS4ME; 06-14-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:30 PM

I am posting an open challenge to ANY GTO LS1 OR LS2 within 150 miles of me...I will meet you half way...loser pays the others gas for the trip and has to come back on and admit they lost WITHOUT making any excuses.

IF I have any takers please PM me...I will have a passenger to film the race...from a dig, from a start or from a strat stop start stop start...your choice. Even if you have some mods...thats ok...just PM me...I'm game.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:13 PM

I live in Greenbay...ready when they are. Just shoot me a PM.

Hope your TBSS is under 12.4 @ 116 haha

I also hoped you looked at my mod list and are finding me something good to eat...because your buddy in the close to stock GTO...is going bye bye hahaha Don't feel bad maybe he can call the guy in the C6 I chewed up on the highway the other day and trade sob stories.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:23 PM

BTW Here is the top 10 list on this site, notice anything about it???
I notice they are alot slower than what I am

Still waiting on that PM...stop posting and start making calls big mouth.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

BTW Here is the top 10 list on this site, notice anything about it???

1.)DWK5150,12.84@110.53 w/2.04 60',I/PB/DP/E/2.5"/HE/T/DR's
2.)Fast06SS,12.86@109.13 w/1.93 60', I/E/CD/T/2.5"/DR's
3.)CobaltSS1,13.18@108.05 w/2.11 60',I/GMH/E/2.6"/T/ST
4.)Enufpwr,13.20@106.13 w/2.03 60', I/E/T/2.5"/CD/DP/DR's
5.)R33P3R007,13.23@106.72 w/2.05 60',H/DP/2.7"/T/DR's
6.)PatathSS,13.32@105.66 w/2.08 60', I/H/T/2.5"/DR's
7.)Bad06SS,13.35@104.50 w/1.95 60', 2.6"/T/CD/GMH/DR's
8.)WSFrazier,13.42@107.81 w/2.21 60'I/CD/2.5"/T/ST
9.)NewEraPerformance,13.52@106.64 w/2.29 60',I/H/DP/E/2.8"/T/ST
10.)WheelHoppinSS,13.59@104.61 w/2.13 60',T/CD/2.7"/ST

That is all modified cars...

Here is the top 10 GTO STOCK ET LIST
1) PhantomGoat06 12.88 @ 108.9
2) NYTIGER 12.920 @ 109.40 MPH
3) Boilermaker GTO 12.9299 @ 106.89 MPH
4) 05torridred60 12.971 @ 108 MPH - SAP mufflers
5) jumbojet 12.974 @ 108.08 MPH
6) BlackSheep 12.98 @ 108 MPH
7) GTOboss 13.007 @ 108.52mph
8) KYGTO 13.035 @ 108.96 MPH
9) Judgethis05 13.036 @ 108.72
10) hookmechanic 13.074 @ 106.76 MPH
11) SLoW SHO 13.082 @ 108.15
12) SloNlo 13.086 @ 108.75 MPH
13) TheCamel 13.112 @ 108.49 MPH
14) BadGTO 13.14 @ 104.99 MPH
15) Lord Vador 13.132 @ 108.85 MPH

Notice anything about that list, the top half of the list is in the 12's stock.

Anyone can run nitrous. I can bolt on a 50 shot and run better than your 12.4 all day. Come on man, what is really the point of this??? Why isn't your 12.4@116 at the top of the et list? Where is your timeslip??Maybe a video of you running? I am done bickering with you, it is really pointless.

You wanna bench race....here is my dyno sheet for my TBSS.
http://www.sscartuning.com/pictures/turbotbss.jpg

What do you say we line em up and run em?
Yeah... I notice that you won't be beating my friend - FNFast.

Quick Reply: SS S/C vs. GTO