War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

STI vs G8 vs Evo X vs Cobalt vs Built motor Evo X

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 05:58 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Beamer
never been able to make out people with hazards on when infront at night because typically HEADLIGHTS out shine hazards and are not visible enough for me to see them untill they are beside me. Guys doing it to announce his retardation.
U may need to have ur eyes checked if u cant see a different color flashing light over the headlights, iv never had a problem seeing them. There may be a few people that couldnt see it but there are plenty of people that can, people are so hell bent on proving that the evo driver is a douchebag and was doing it to gloat, and that is very possible but it dont change the fact that it did make him more noticeable to anyone walking down the side of the road or driving in front of him.

Last edited by Vander Nars; 04-12-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dcrep06
it said stage 2 evo in the beginning of the race between the two im pretty sure............but its not being jealous, its stupid to have your hazards on, no one out my way does that ****. ppl can see you perfectly fine with your HEADLIGHTS........wtf is the point of having your hazards on too!? its stupid. no jealousy involved.
ummm lets see here....

Oh thats right, OTHER PEOPLE ON THE ROAD THAT HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA WHAT UR DOING.

Unless of course you had the highway closed off and Im pretty sure theres no way in hell you did legally. 20,30,40,50, etc mph roll hazards are all applicable to traffic behind you ESPECIALLY the asshat coming up on you doing 90 in a 65...
Old 04-12-2013, 08:24 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
"Oh that car has its hazards on, it must have broke down and I should be careful passing it."

"WTF... Its pulling away from me really fast, how the **** and I suppose to pass him carefully and why is he speeding with a broken car!?>?!?!"

"************, I going liek 150mph trying to pass him and he's still pulling away. I dunno whats going on?! What do I do!?!?"

:Pedestrian crashes car into car with hazards on after said car slams on his brakes after victory:

Now everyones dead and nobody knows what the hazards meant.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
"Oh that car has its hazards on, it must have broke down and I should be careful passing it."

"WTF... Its pulling away from me really fast, how the **** and I suppose to pass him carefully and why is he speeding with a broken car!?>?!?!"

"************, I going liek 150mph trying to pass him and he's still pulling away. I dunno whats going on?! What do I do!?!?"

:Pedestrian crashes car into car with hazards on after said car slams on his brakes after victory:

Now everyones dead and nobody knows what the hazards meant.
Cool story. My turn

" that rainbow is pretty "

" look at the purple unicorn "

" is that a dancing lolipop and pickle on the side of the road? "

" sure am glad i brought my canoe "

Look i just made up some nonsense too. I can "what if?" with random bs all day long as well.

Lemme explain to the newbs how this works. No traffic to the rear or front > Hazards > race > let traffic pass if any. Its a very simple concept and im sure if it works on the autobahn, it will work on the lame interstate system in the US
Old 04-12-2013, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Beamer
never been able to make out people with hazards on when infront at night because typically HEADLIGHTS out shine hazards and are not visible enough for me to see them untill they are beside me. Guys doing it to announce his retardation.
thank you. someone with sense. u can still see hazards flashing but headlights over power them by a lot. and who the hell looks in the rear view expecting to see a REGULAR car with their hazards on? i give up with this talk. complete stupidity. this is why u just race with no cars on the road other than those racing like i do........and clearly in the video it was pretty empty.......so again, what is the point of the hazards? idiots......
Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dcrep06
thank you. someone with sense. u can still see hazards flashing but headlights over power them by a lot. and who the hell looks in the rear view expecting to see a REGULAR car with their hazards on? i give up with this talk. complete stupidity. this is why u just race with no cars on the road other than those racing like i do........and clearly in the video it was pretty empty.......so again, what is the point of the hazards? idiots......
I see ur still to stupid to understand that besides cars they can be people on the side of the road, and the headlights do not over power flashing lights because you should be able to tell different color lights that are flashing on and off.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Cool story. My turn

" that rainbow is pretty "

" look at the purple unicorn "

" is that a dancing lolipop and pickle on the side of the road? "

" sure am glad i brought my canoe "

Look i just made up some nonsense too. I can "what if?" with random bs all day long as well.

Lemme explain to the newbs how this works. No traffic to the rear or front > Hazards > race > let traffic pass if any. Its a very simple concept and im sure if it works on the autobahn, it will work on the lame interstate system in the US
agreed. only race when there is nothing in front of you, and if there is make sure its WAY ahead of you.......then there is no need for hazards........i still think the hazard think is freakin retarded and the evo just being an epic douche.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Premium Member

If you need to put on the hazards to race than you probably shouldn't be racing.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:40 PM

Hazards are designed amber because they look different then headlights. Also many cars have them seperate from the headlight assembly. So you can have your headlights on and the amber light will be flashing somewhere lower on your bumper. Not all cars are like that though. I think evo owner did the winrar thing and turned them on. I did not watch the video.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM

I will say that flashing hazards after a win is RICE
Old 04-12-2013, 06:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Vander Nars
I see ur still to stupid to understand that besides cars they can be people on the side of the road, and the headlights do not over power flashing lights because you should be able to tell different color lights that are flashing on and off.
It's too.... not to. I don't think calling someone stupid while using the improper form of the word to is very smart.

For the record the guy in the Lancer is a tool AND a douchebag for using the hazards...
Old 04-12-2013, 08:37 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Not all emergency response cars have sirens, also cops can activate the lights independent of the siren should he decide too when pulling someone over when the loud siren may bring unwanted attention. my cobalt was equipped with emergency lights that flashed when u activated the hazard lights because it was owned by someone that worked in that field and if he was out cruising around something happen he could flip them on and respond. But going by ur logic that they have sirens then why do they have flashing lights also? Oh let me guess maybe because some people are deaf, u can be deaf and drive but not blind and thats the reason we use flashing lights and sirens to warn people to not get in the way, and that is the same reason i know u would notice a car flying up on ur ass with hazards on and u would know better then to jump in his lane and get rear ended. Keep coming with the failed logic and ill keep shooting that **** down all day.
Lol this is funny your comparing hazard lights to emergency vehicle lights? Even without sirens there is a huge difference

I'm guessing you use hazards when you think you've won a race? I mean....that's the only reason I can think of for you to be so adamant in defending the evo driver
Old 04-12-2013, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Haven07
Lol this is funny your comparing hazard lights to emergency vehicle lights? Even without sirens there is a huge difference

I'm guessing you use hazards when you think you've won a race? I mean....that's the only reason I can think of for you to be so adamant in defending the evo driver
pretty sad that he is the only one defending the evo drivers and the evo owners in this thread wont even defend on of their own, lmao. As for the arguement about hazards and emergency vehicals. Theres a huge difference and theres a reason why emergency vehicals have red, blue and yellow lights
Old 04-12-2013, 09:29 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Lol all I'm seeing is "Because Racecar"
Old 04-12-2013, 09:49 PM

The evo definately just flashed his 4-ways to be a *****.... but as a general statement (for at least most people im assuming) flashing lights do get peoples attention. they are made to stand out if a car is broke down on the side of the road so people dont hit them..... i dont see why it wouldnt get peoples attention while driving. if a cop/ambulance/firetruck has flashing lights on reguardles of the sirens it gets my attention........... just my .02

Oh and nice kill
Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by r1owner
It's too.... not to. I don't think calling someone stupid while using the improper form of the word to is very smart.

For the record the guy in the Lancer is a tool AND a douchebag for using the hazards...
Its a internet forum and honestly if the best u got is the fact I left out 1 o then dont even waste my time.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GRok25
The evo definately just flashed his 4-ways to be a *****.... but as a general statement (for at least most people im assuming) flashing lights do get peoples attention. they are made to stand out if a car is broke down on the side of the road so people dont hit them..... i dont see why it wouldnt get peoples attention while driving. if a cop/ambulance/firetruck has flashing lights on reguardles of the sirens it gets my attention........... just my .02

Oh and nice kill
This right here has been my point the whole time, maybe since it came from someone else they can accept it. Im not saying the evo guy is using lights for purpose or the other im just saying its possible and you get a whole thread full of girls with bleeding vaginas crying when u make a simple statement that has plenty of truth to back it up.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by srt-10
pretty sad that he is the only one defending the evo drivers and the evo owners in this thread wont even defend on of their own, lmao. As for the arguement about hazards and emergency vehicals. Theres a huge difference and theres a reason why emergency vehicals have red, blue and yellow lights
You must of missed the evo guy that confirmed that using hazard in a race is prefectly acceptable and they do it in germany, just as iv seen it done here in ga.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Haven07

Im pretty sure I stated early in my post that I dont race at night so I have no reason to use them.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im gonna turn my hazards on at the drag strip. So the people at the end of the strip know that im racing and will get out of my way because im so awesome
Old 04-13-2013, 12:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Its a internet forum and honestly if the best u got is the fact I left out 1 o then dont even waste my time.
No I find it ironic calling someone stupid when you yourself appear to be first in line for stupidity.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:46 AM

This thread is fail. If you idiots are going to roller ricer race which isnt safe to begin with considering the speed limit on the interstate is typically 65 mph then i find it a common curtosey to just use the blinkers. There really is no harm in both cars racing using them. All they do is say "look at me! my car is doing something retarded so be careful" which is what hazards are for anyway.

People are dumb enough when they drive, a warning would only help prevent issues.

And if you use the blinkers to say you "won" youre a ***
Old 04-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by r1owner
No I find it ironic calling someone stupid when you yourself appear to be first in line for stupidity.
How is anything I said stupid iv given very logical reason for everything iv said in this thread, you can stop dick riding and come back with a logical reason why im stupid or my opinion is stupid then id love to hear it.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by srt-10
im gonna turn my hazards on at the drag strip. So the people at the end of the strip know that im racing and will get out of my way because im so awesome
So ur saying that street racing is the same as racing on the drag strip? Last time I check people at the drag strip knew the cars where there to race, you keep showing ur ignorance with each post.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
I will say that flashing hazards after a win is RICE
Lol I don't agree with you on many things, but this is true. I do it just for the hell of it or to make them laugh sometimes haha or to milk the victory lol.

I don't do that if it's someone I don't know I should add lol. Though it is funny.

Quick Reply: STI vs G8 vs Evo X vs Cobalt vs Built motor Evo X