War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Stock 370z vs. mod/tuned SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i worked at Nissan, i will NEVER own a Nissan. i have a chunk of a Maxima engine in my drawer that someone paid $35k for lol. i broke it off, went and got the boss, and he said "meh, it'll be ok" i couldn't believe it!! it was a threaded ear on the tcc for a ground wire. i had to ground it on the next hole over. im sure the tcc leaks like crazy now.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Hmmm...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

Motor Trend says.....yep, faster than the 2010 Ford Mustang GT.

Real world, it's a drivers race.

Is it really any surprise though, 315hp Mustang (3,572 curb weight) vs. 332hp 370Z (3,355 curb weight). That's a 17hp and 200lbs advantage.
Wow... excellent magazine racing.

He said that the fastest 370Z he knows of ran 13.3. Stock '10 GTs are capable of that, too.

Point is, they're REALLY close. Close enough that it's a little silly to say you won't buy a Mustang because they're "too slow", but the car you buy runs the same times. That was my point.

BTW, the '10 GT that went 13.3, stock, also went 12.9 w/ X-pipe and Upper Control Arms... and 12.5 after adding slicks.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blainestang

He said that the fastest 370Z he knows of ran 13.3. Stock '10 GTs are capable of that, too.

Point is, they're REALLY close. Close enough that it's a little silly to say you won't buy a Mustang because they're "too slow", but the car you buy runs the same times. That was my point.

BTW, the '10 GT that went 13.3, stock, also went 12.9 w/ X-pipe and Upper Control Arms... and 12.5 after adding slicks.
keep in mind man i said i know of a 370 that went 13.3 fully loaded. It also had 1000miles on the car and the guy had his car the first time to the track....13.3 for the first time at a track is amazing. People are saying with intakes, header, hfc and exhaust you can get mid/high 12's with the 370.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes709
keep in mind man i said i know of a 370 that went 13.3 fully loaded. It also had 1000miles on the car and the guy had his car the first time to the track....13.3 for the first time at a track is amazing. People are saying with intakes, header, hfc and exhaust you can get mid/high 12's with the 370.
The guy with the '10 GT went 13.3 his first time with the car... and we already KNOW the Mustang can go high 12's with just x-pipe and control arms, and mid 12's with that and slicks.

I'm not saying the Mustang is FASTER than the Z, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to call it "too slow" when the car you bought runs VERY similar times. If you said a Challenger R/T was "too slow", or that a V6 Camaro was "too slow", then that would make more sense, but the '10 GTs are capable of low 13's, just like the Z's.

Again, I'm not bashing your choice of vehicle, either. The Z is a great performance car. It's relatively fast in a straight line and handles very well, too.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Banned

The guy with the '10 GT went 13.3 his first time with the car... and we already KNOW the Mustang can go high 12's with just x-pipe and control arms, and mid 12's with that and slicks.

I'm not saying the Mustang is FASTER than the Z, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to call it "too slow" when the car you bought runs VERY similar times. If you said a Challenger R/T was "too slow", or that a V6 Camaro was "too slow", then that would make more sense, but the '10 GTs are capable of low 13's, just like the Z's.

Again, I'm not bashing your choice of vehicle, either. The Z is a great performance car. It's relatively fast in a straight line and handles very well, too.
point taken....lol
Old 08-28-2009, 11:20 AM

Nice buy. It looks very sexy.

Congrats on the kill as well.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:23 AM

Stage 4 twin turbo = $9000 = 900hp. Thats what the kit makes in the car...thats not including intake, exhaust,header, highflow cat and other mods...of course the engine will have to be built cuz it can only handle 650hp but with alot of searching and alot of deals + i get military discounts at mostly every store...the cost wouldnt be much more then $10,000-12,000. I'm not saying im going to do that im just saying its possible. Once i come back from afghanistan in 2011 ill be ordering Stage 1 or 2...stage 1 is 500hp and 2 is 625. And i seen a few 350z with twin turbo at 1000hp so getting a 370z at 1000 isnt impossible
First I never said it was impossible to make 1000rwhp I said it was impossible to make a 1000rwhp for 10k.

Second most kits are rated at the fly so 900hp isn't even close to 1000rwhp and when you are at those power levels 900hp isn't even close to 1000hp. If you think exhuast and simple bolotns will pick you up 100hp your in for a rude awakening.

Also if you think you can build an engine for even $3000 you are very inexperienced in the automotive world. Making a motor reliable to 1000rwhp doesn't come cheap, I don't care how many discounts you get. Even then you are still leaving out trans, rearend, fuel system ect because I promise you they will not hold up to those power levels.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
First I never said it was impossible to make 1000rwhp I said it was impossible to make a 1000rwhp for 10k.

Second most kits are rated at the fly so 900hp isn't even close to 1000rwhp and when you are at those power levels 900hp isn't even close to 1000hp. If you think exhuast and simple bolotns will pick you up 100hp your in for a rude awakening.

Also if you think you can build an engine for even $3000 you are very inexperienced in the automotive world. Making a motor reliable to 1000rwhp doesn't come cheap, I don't care how many discounts you get. Even then you are still leaving out trans, rearend, fuel system ect because I promise you they will not hold up to those power levels.
Unless its a terminator
Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT

Ok enough about that i dont care if it costs $500 or $20,000. I'm not going with stage 4 tt so drop the subject and call it a day.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:12 PM

maybe u should actualy come to the track i race at and see for yourself before you call bs because whether or not you believe me, i dont care...it happend and now you look like a complete retard maybe get a few more posts and research on the forms then get some more driving time in your cobalt and actualy learn how to drive it and find out what it can do before you make bs statements. I already made a post in the drag race section and got slips to prove that i've raced and beat a 89 mustang with DR, 75shot of nitrous, intake and exhaust...dont think he sprayed though. Then when i came back around the lined me up with a mustang gt. beat him. Then let the car cool down and raced a mustang gt with every part including engine,supercharger and body kit of the saleen...he even had other bolt ons...him and his friends just dynoed that day...car hit 480whp. He missed 2nd gear which let me win. Heres his car and heres the time slip. Like i said he missed 2nd but that doesnt matter...he has 200whp more then me, not to mention i just installed header, 3" dp and 3" exhaust without changing the tune...afr was all over the place that night. I'm on the right... his was 13.887...i was 13.865 with a 2.4 60'. Now of course u r going to say "oh he didnt know how to drive"....Well i raced 3 mustangs that night and beat them all...did they all not know how to drive? maybe...but i can tell you this...i could not launch the cobalt for the life of me...2.4' is sad.

LOOOOOOOOOOL You won due to the account of DRIVER ERROR!!! I bet you really proud of that one... so your the kid that goes around saying "It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!" your a ******* joke dude.

Oh, and the fact that you look at my "post counts" just makes you look like a pathetic loser, but i guess your ok with that because its true.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391
LOOOOOOOOOOL You won due to the account of DRIVER ERROR!!! I bet you really proud of that one... so your the kid that goes around saying "It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!" your a ******* joke dude.

Oh, and the fact that you look at my "post counts" just makes you look like a pathetic loser, but i guess your ok with that because its true.
Ur slow and dont have time slips.

Who are you?
Old 08-28-2009, 12:23 PM

ahahahahahahahaha ^^
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Ur slow and dont have time slips.

Who are you?
WTF are you talking about? Was i even talking to you?
Old 08-28-2009, 12:41 PM

Ummm, yeah.....that's why I said in the real world it's a drivers race.

de de dee
Old 08-28-2009, 12:56 PM

morale of story rwd > fwd
Old 08-28-2009, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Ummm, yeah.....that's why I said in the real world it's a drivers race.

de de dee
You claimed the Z was faster based solely on Motor Trend's times... ignoring real-world times. That's what I was addressing.

Obviously, I don't diagree with your statement that it's a driver's race.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM

WTF are you talking about? Was i even talking to you?
IDC who youre talking to.

The way I see it, he has the faster/nicer car, therefore u need to sit down and STFU.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 PM

IDC who youre talking to.

The way I see it, he has the faster/nicer car, therefore u need to sit down and STFU.
Thats funny cuz im pretty sure i still have every right to my 1st amendment.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:27 PM

Thats funny cuz im pretty sure i still have every right to my 1st amendment.

really?

Go make a political thread. See what happens.

This is a privately owned forum. If you bash members, you can get the banstick faster than a fat kid chasing a donut.

So if you dont have anything constructive to say, STFU.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:41 PM

really?

Go make a political thread. See what happens.

This is a privately owned forum. If you bash members, you can get the banstick faster than a fat kid chasing a donut.

So if you dont have anything constructive to say, STFU.
Funny how you tell me to say something constructive when all you have said is "STFU". And i have not bashed anyone on the forums so i dont know why you would even bring that up when i was merely expressing my opinion about the 370z he bought. 0 for 2 cowboy.

Anyways, im going to stop replying to your responses. If you want to continue this why dont you just PM me, or better yet just dont cuz i dont care what you have to say.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM

i dont see why ur gettin all over him for buyin a new car.. 370Z is a nice car... he wanted a nice car..so he bought a nice car..end of story.. if its not ur first pick..thats fine.. but he likes it enough to be his first choice.. if u had a 100k and bought a viper and people bitched at u bc there first choice would have been a GTR.. u would fight that too.. he bought what caught his eye..good for him im happy hes able to pay for it.. i think its great
Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 PM

Funny how you tell me to say something constructive when all you have said is "STFU". And i have not bashed anyone on the forums so i dont know why you would even bring that up when i was merely expressing my opinion about the 370z he bought. 0 for 2 cowboy.

Anyways, im going to stop replying to your responses. If you want to continue this why dont you just PM me, or better yet just dont cuz i dont care what you have to say.

O RLY!?

^No bashing huh? Are you retarded or stupid? Maybe a little bit of both?

So not only did I point out to you that YOU DONT HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH on this forum, or any forum for that matter. But I also pointed out and replied to you bashing another member, yet u think it isnt bashing?

0 for 2 cowboy? How about 0-3 retard?

Go learn something about the members and about ur own car before you start posting smack. Stop being a ricer fanboi.

Originally Posted by 06_SIC_SS
i dont see why ur gettin all over him for buyin a new car.. 370Z is a nice car... he wanted a nice car..so he bought a nice car..end of story.. if its not ur first pick..thats fine.. but he likes it enough to be his first choice.. if u had a 100k and bought a viper and people bitched at u bc there first choice would have been a GTR.. u would fight that too.. he bought what caught his eye..good for him im happy hes able to pay for it.. i think its great

hes a ******* newbie fanboi. What the hell do you expect? Hes just like all the other fucktards on here who give people who own a cobalt a bad name.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 08-28-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-28-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by 06_SIC_SS
He failed to mention that in his OP hints the reason for my FIRST post. But here, ill end the bitching by saying this...

"Congrats on your 370z purchase Snakes709, juts wouldn't be MY first choice in car but have fun with it!"
Old 08-28-2009, 02:05 PM

thankyou
Old 08-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Banned

this is why im starting to hate coming on these forums. Yes people can express their opinions to me...either they like my car or not. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. But when you come in to every post i make and go on and on and on about "oh the 370 sucks...mustangs are better, blah blah blah" its really pointless. Like i said in another post and another thread. I have beaten many mustangs with the setup i had on my cobalt. Some were perfect races some where driver error. The only one that i am 100% sure that was driver error was the Mustang GT set up like a saleen. Even though he missed 2nd gear i still won when he has 200+ whp more then me His car was 480rwhp and mine at the time was around 260-270fwhp. I never actualy said "i won all races because of driver error" i predicted what you were going to say.

Anyways...keep the posts positive...if you dont like my choice...you can say so but leave it at that. Otherwise i'll request the mods just lock the thread because im sick of the bullshit on this forum.

Last edited by Snakes709; 08-28-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Stock 370z vs. mod/tuned SS/TC