War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.
View Poll Results: What's funner street racing or drag strip
Good old steet race
50.47%
Drag Strip
49.53%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Street Racing or Drag Strip racing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Racing or Drag Strip racing?

Whats funner street racing or racing on a drag strip?
Old 03-27-2006, 08:56 PM

street racing, of course! That's why you buy the car! Not to just do the speed linit all year round, and go to the tack once ina blue moon, pay the entry fee, sit in a line, get just a couple races in, and go home!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 PM

street raceing is more fun ..but come on common sense says bring it to the strip!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 PM

Street racing
Old 03-27-2006, 08:59 PM

You gotta admit though it's funny though, when people say street racing is gay. Why dont you just get a hyundai and be happy then. leave the cobalt ss and the rsx type s and the civic si to people that are gonna use them for what they are made for
Old 03-27-2006, 08:59 PM

the street vs. strip racing argument is a lot like the spend/save argument. You know saving is the smartest thing to do, but spending is much more fun!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:26 PM

Drag strip all the way. At least you have actual numbers to back up your **** talking.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Self
Drag strip all the way. At least you have actual numbers to back up your **** talking.
Not that I talk **** or anything, but with a slip at least you can analyze your driving style and see where you need to improve, ie launch rpms, shift points, etc. Hell even if you lose to the guy in the other lane, you may beat your previous best ET. Plus you get to see a lot of kick ass cars at the strip
Old 03-27-2006, 11:41 PM

You'll learn more at the drag strip. I can tell if I'm racing a "street racer" (i say that with a gay voice) or someone thats visits the drag strip on occasion. USUALLY street racers will think they have there car mastered but if they take it too the track they'll see they can usually knock an entire second off there times by practicing.

There was a family killed in my area a few months ago by a couple people street racing, well the 4 year old daughter lived, but both her parents and brother died. The driver spending a few years in jail and has to live with what he did.

I was hit head on by a guy street racing a few years ago. Luckily we were ok, but the passengers in my car kicked the **** out of the guy. They were drunk and I was DD. Hehe I didnt try to stop em though. We all got in trouble for that...

Regardless, street racing isnt a good/safe idea.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CynicX
I was hit head on by a guy street racing a few years ago. Luckily we were ok, but the passengers in my car kicked the **** out of the guy. They were drunk and I was DD. Hehe I didnt try to stop em though. We all got in trouble for that...
haha, thats good stuff right there
Old 03-28-2006, 12:00 AM

Street racing is fun if you catch a race with some tool and his slutty girlfriend in a civic. But the Strip just is more intriguing to me. You can get more practice and become a much better driver, then you can tune Susp/tire setups and learn how to get the most power out of the car.

The director of an awesome video, Vehicular Lunatics, once said, "Always practice at the track and then bring it on the streets."
Old 03-28-2006, 10:40 AM

The street racing causes more excitement and more adrenaline rush, but obviously it can be very dangerous (to innocent bystanders and the drivers) and have to deal with cops.

However, at the track, you tend to learn about racing technique, get to meet some cool people, and you actually have set of numbers to verify whether your time and effort was worthwhile and can be rewarding.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
The street racing causes more excitement and more adrenaline rush, but obviously it can be very dangerous (to innocent bystanders and the drivers) and have to deal with cops.

However, at the track, you tend to learn about racing technique, get to meet some cool people, and you actually have set of numbers to verify whether your time and effort was worthwhile and can be rewarding.
I totally disagree. At the track you'll have 50-100 races waiting behind you and crowded bleachers....Now thats exciting and a huge adrenaline rush. Very very fun.

Street racing is for kids in my opinion. I think we all do it, even if we try not too. Its hard not to take off if someone is riding your butt or if you pull up to a red light that merges behind the light.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:09 AM

street racing is fun, but there are alot of turnoffs to it, cops, is the other person ur racing a good driver or is gonna crash, other cars on the road, people walking down the road, there are too many varibles that can cause somehting to happen, i was passing a buddy of mine down a two lane road, and i was at about 80 there was a dead animal in the road, i barely squeezed between it and my buddy and if i was racing doin a 100+ i could have crashed in burned, deffently safer at the track i have never been but i would like to start too if any one around syracuse goes to a drag strip let me know cuz i will go!
Old 03-28-2006, 11:14 AM

Neither. Street racing is just flat out stupid and dangerous. Drag strip, meh. If those were the only two options out there, I'd go to the strip but I far prefer road racing and auto-x. I've learned so much more there than I ever would driving in a straight line.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Banned

I totally disagree. At the track you'll have 50-100 races waiting behind you and crowded bleachers....Now thats exciting and a huge adrenaline rush. Very very fun.

Street racing is for kids in my opinion. I think we all do it, even if we try not too. Its hard not to take off if someone is riding your butt or if you pull up to a red light that merges behind the light.
Cant agree more. on top off it people die. we had a person die from turning in front of two street racers. she had no clue what was going on and was hit by one of the cars. she died and the racer went to jail for manslaughter. What an adrenaline rush, eh. go to the track guys. I am guilty of street racing but I try not too.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Neither. Street racing is just flat out stupid and dangerous. Drag strip, meh. If those were the only two options out there, I'd go to the strip but I far prefer road racing and auto-x. I've learned so much more there than I ever would driving in a straight line.

well said
Old 03-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Banned

This^ is not real street racing and how can you say it is for kids when there are guys that have been doing it for 30 years the right way.

Street or strip both have their advantages and disadvantages. Most people on this site have no clue how real street racing goes down(tip: it is never light to light).

Originally Posted by Brenn8402
street racing is fun, but there are alot of turnoffs to it, cops, is the other person ur racing a good driver or is gonna crash, other cars on the road, people walking down the road, there are too many varibles that can cause somehting to happen, i was passing a buddy of mine down a two lane road, and i was at about 80 there was a dead animal in the road, i barely squeezed between it and my buddy and if i was racing doin a 100+ i could have crashed in burned, deffently safer at the track i have never been but i would like to start too if any one around syracuse goes to a drag strip let me know cuz i will go!
Cars can crash at the track too. If you are racing you check the road for debris just for that reason.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:23 AM
360 L337 User

Originally Posted by helty
Not that I talk **** or anything, but with a slip at least you can analyze your driving style and see where you need to improve, ie launch rpms, shift points, etc. Hell even if you lose to the guy in the other lane, you may beat your previous best ET. Plus you get to see a lot of kick ass cars at the strip

there is plenty of kick ass cars at the street races too, ones thAt will never be seen at the strip since the people built them for street racing, and it is there way of life.

I am not saying the track isn't fun, it eleviates the whol problem of getting mad fines and your car taken away
Old 03-28-2006, 11:30 AM

You'll learn more at the drag strip. I can tell if I'm racing a "street racer" (i say that with a gay voice) or someone thats visits the drag strip on occasion. USUALLY street racers will think they have there car mastered but if they take it too the track they'll see they can usually knock an entire second off there times by practicing.

There was a family killed in my area a few months ago by a couple people street racing, well the 4 year old daughter lived, but both her parents and brother died. The driver spending a few years in jail and has to live with what he did.

Regardless, street racing isnt a good/safe idea.

None of those are reasons why it is more/ less fun ... they are reasons why it is wrong ..besides you dont street race anyway so how would you know ?

I've only done spirited driving for a brief few seconds on the street.
Like I said I dont like street racing and there isnt a drag strip for roll racing hahaha...
Old 03-28-2006, 12:02 PM

I Believe he said fun

I think street racing is fun'er
Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by 280Z1977
Cars can crash at the track too. If you are racing you check the road for debris just for that reason.
yes cars crash at the track, but when people street race on plain roads most of them don't check for debris, especially if ur doin say 55 mph on a highway someone pulls up to u and u just go, u ussually don't know what is ahead of u other than if there are cars, also if cars crash at a track its less likely that bystanders will be right there or could be right where u are racing im not hatin on street racing and im not saying track is better (i've never been to the track) than street racing is , its just people do stupid things on the roads, and that's how people die, if ur street racing on an empty highway, no cars around no way for cars to enter the highway then thats not a prob, but when people go through citys haulin ass or cuttin through cars like the new fast and the furious movie then theres the problem.

Alot of people lack common sense
Old 03-28-2006, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Brenn8402
yes cars crash at the track, but when people street race on plain roads most of them don't check for debris, especially if ur doin say 55 mph on a highway someone pulls up to u and u just go, u ussually don't know what is ahead of u other than if there are cars, also if cars crash at a track its less likely that bystanders will be right there or could be right where u are racing im not hatin on street racing and im not saying track is better (i've never been to the track) than street racing is , its just people do stupid things on the roads, and that's how people die, if ur street racing on an empty highway, no cars around no way for cars to enter the highway then thats not a prob, but when people go through citys haulin ass or cuttin through cars like the new fast and the furious movie then theres the problem.

Alot of people lack common sense

additionally, if you crash at the track, fire and EMS are usually there before you even know what's happening.

I think this is a pretty childish thread personally, we do not live in the fast and furious, it's not all about blocking off roads, running from the cops and getting ticketed. For all you who havent, i've been ticketed 8 times in the 3 years i've been driving, its not fun...and it's a waste of money, and i'll tell you first hand how much it sucks to lose your license
Old 03-28-2006, 01:00 PM

I acutally think drag strip racing is more fun. Especially bracket races. I've never ran but have spectated and it looks awsome. I'm not street racing anymore. From now on i'm taking it to the track (when i turn 18 lol) I mean at least you get timed. On the street, you don't get timed. You just base it on car lenghts.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Street Racing is more fun in some cases.

However you can't See 50+ 5 second cars run down the streets all night now can you!

Quick Reply: Street Racing or Drag Strip racing?