War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.
View Poll Results: What's funner street racing or drag strip
Good old steet race
50.47%
Drag Strip
49.53%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Street Racing or Drag Strip racing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CynicX
here is a tidbit to everyone who read this and doesnt know.

I'm actually standing behind c7015 with a gun to his head forcing him to read this. He really doesnt want too. I also have explosives on his car, the second he puts me on his ignore list his car will explode.

Get a life dude. You dont like it, dont read it. You dont like me, ignore me. No one asked for you to show the difference between dangerous and fun. I managed not to whine/bitch one time while I read your three post about it.

THIS IS A POLL!!! That is the answer to the question of which is more fun. The post are usually explanation on why you voted one way or the other. I voted drag strip and I explained why I dont like street racing and why I do like the drag strip. The person did ask for ANY responses. Its a freakin' vote one or the other.

Don't have an aneurysm ... in a poll where the purpose was to find out the opinion of more fun you started ranting on how it was dangerous ... are you telling me you don't think anything remotely dangerous is not fun because of the danger. You can't equivocate things like that ... in the moment if you had fun like you claimed then it is fun ... forget about post street race where you turn into an after school special ranting on a forum like a police officer. Any adrenaline rush brought on by danger will be fun in the moment, forgetting about the consequences .... I will agree street racing is by no means as safe as the track ... but the resulting adrenaline rush does not come near either ... its more exciting because there is more at stake ... why do you think gamblers gamble ..its not the money they win or loose its the rush they get risking something real.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:45 PM

Street racing impresses the girl in the seat next to you......Strip racing impresses the guys in the stands. I like impressing girls more than guys. Street racing!
Old 03-29-2006, 03:47 PM

Street Racing ALL THE WAY!!! yah ok so i shouldn't street race cuz my car is sloww but good times in any case..as long as the cops aren't around haha
Old 03-29-2006, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by c7015
Don't have an aneurysm ... in a poll where the purpose was to find out the opinion of more fun you started ranting on how it was dangerous ... are you telling me you don't think anything remotely dangerous is not fun because of the danger. You can't equivocate things like that ... in the moment if you had fun like you claimed then it is fun ... forget about post street race where you turn into an after school special ranting on a forum like a police officer. Any adrenaline rush brought on by danger will be fun in the moment, forgetting about the consequences .... I will agree street racing is by no means as safe as the track ... but the resulting adrenaline rush does not come near either ... its more exciting because there is more at stake ... why do you think gamblers gamble ..its not the money they win or loose its the rush they get risking something real.
well *I* explained why *I* dont like street racing. It doesnt mean *you* dont have too. *I* dont like it because of the potential consequenses. *You* are allowed to like it for whatever reasons *you* do. *I'm* allowed to dislike it for whatever reasons *I* do. If *you* dont like my reasons *you* dont have too.

I put * around key words.

I'm talking about dangerous which apparently isnt a good reason. But adrenline rush and exciting (which have no correlation to fun either) is a good reason? I'm sure robbing a bank is exciting and gives you one hell of an adrenline rush, doesnt mean its fun, nor does it mean I have to like it.

Anyway lets agree to disagree. Its obvious you find street racing fun and I find drag stip fun. For our own reasons....
Old 03-29-2006, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by CynicX
well *I* explained why *I* dont like street racing. It doesnt mean *you* dont have too. *I* dont like it because of the potential consequenses. *You* are allowed to like it for whatever reasons *you* do. *I'm* allowed to dislike it for whatever reasons *I* do. If *you* dont like my reasons *you* dont have too.

I put * around key words.

I'm talking about dangerous which apparently isnt a good reason. But adrenline rush and exciting (which have no correlation to fun either) is a good reason? I'm sure robbing a bank is exciting and gives you one hell of an adrenline rush, doesnt mean its fun, nor does it mean I have to like it.

Anyway lets agree to disagree. Its obvious you find street racing fun and I find drag stip fun. For our own reasons....

I actually find both fun ...I only disagreed with your reasons for qualifying that street wasnt fun becasue it was dangerous ...
Old 03-29-2006, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by traviskearney
Street racing impresses the girl in the seat next to you......Strip racing impresses the guys in the stands. I like impressing girls more than guys. Street racing!

Who says you cant have a girl in the seat when you go down the track? The key is actually finding a girl in the first place.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by traviskearney
Sorry, if I was with a guy ignorant enough to street race with me in the car I'd be gone the first chance I got.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Sorry, if I was with a guy ignorant enough to street race with me in the car I'd be gone the first chance I got.

Haha! That's what my wife threatens to me when I tell her I'm gonna race someone that's next to us at a stoplight: "You better ******* not, Joshua!!"
Old 03-30-2006, 12:10 AM

If you need a car to impress a girl then it doesnt say much for yourself or the gap your trying to impress.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:12 AM

I voted street racing because it is more fun. BUt it's illegal soo the strip>the street
Old 03-30-2006, 12:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Self
If you need a car to impress a girl then it doesnt say much for yourself or the gap your trying to impress.
A-freaking-MEN!!!!! I've found in my past experiences with guys if they need a car/job/house/phone/designer wardrobe/gym-slave body to impress women it's because they're making up for something (not necessarily in a sexual way either).