War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SVT Focus

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 280Z1977
People are doing the same thing with Base/LS/LTs to make them look like SSs why is it so hard to believe Foci would do it. Either way with your time I believe it is possible you beat an SVTF, but it was the SVTs race to lose.

Quote so people will stop thinking torque is more important then horsepower.

Your right about some people trying to make it look like an SS, but i am not. My sedan will never be an SS and im okay with that. But i just think its funny how my pretty much base sedan took one of fords best focus out there. But the difference with the focus is, itd cost a lot more to change the rear valence and front fascia and swap out wheels and badges than what people do to cobalts, which is really just put the wing on.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dnbguy86
Your right about some people trying to make it look like an SS, but i am not. My sedan will never be an SS and im okay with that. But i just think its funny how my pretty much base sedan took one of fords best focus out there. But the difference with the focus is, itd cost a lot more to change the rear valence and front fascia and swap out wheels and badges than what people do to cobalts, which is really just put the wing on.
You have to change all the valences, fascias, wheels and badges on a Cobalt to make it look like an SS too plus the wing. So it would be cheaper for the Foci to do it.

Like I said I believe you beat him, but it was his race to lose. Meaning he should have beat you. Either way good kill.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by memphisr24
I'm going to Englishtown Friday the 24th of this month. Anybody in my area is welcome to join me. I won't be running though (i'm not old enough without parents permission) but bluecobaltss06 is going and running. He's currently stock. Maybe he will get some good times.

I hope I have my car by then
Let me check my schedule. I would like to get out there. I'll also see about some others.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:12 AM

First off read that link, it even says that those are not the average times or best times. Secondly SVT Foci started at about 17k brand new and came with a really good sound system, awesome 6spd tranny(crappy clutch), nice tires and 17in wheels, awesome interior, and were all individualy numbered special editions. No matter what you say or think that is a hell of a deal for 17k.

Also it is funny how you say you are just stating a fact here and then later you say you are just saying your opinion. Make up your mind.

why so hostile?.....i was stating the fact that they were $23k in 2003 (sticker price) i don't care what people could have gotten them for....that was sticker price and that is what my friend has paid for his......my car's sticker price was $20k which i got for $16k along with the nice 17" rims, sound system and so on...also quicker......calm down fan boy me and the other guy had already settled this.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt443
lol you actually made a great point.....I have yet to see a cobalt ss/sc run better than a 15.2 at the track (sad i know) but someone needs to get down here and show these kids how to drive...it's pretty depressing
im embaressed myself last night, my first run was 16.00

second run i ran a 14.81 so it was a little better

3rd was 14.9
Old 03-16-2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltBurst
im embaressed myself last night, my first run was 16.00

second run i ran a 14.81 so it was a little better

3rd was 14.9

Good for you!......that's not too bad if it was your first time really launching the car at the track. It took my fiance forever to get the GTO down to 13.1 completely stock on street tires but when he did he was the happiest person ever....
Old 03-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Banned

why so hostile?.....i was stating the fact that they were $23k in 2003 (sticker price) i don't care what people could have gotten them for....that was sticker price and that is what my friend has paid for his......my car's sticker price was $20k which i got for $16k along with the nice 17" rims, sound system and so on...also quicker......calm down fan boy me and the other guy had already settled this.
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...6/pageNumber=3

Just because your friend paid too much for his doesn't mean everyone did. You paid the same for your car that most people paid for their SVTF that already came with nice 17in. wheels, sound system, so on and more. And your car is not much quicker. So because I correct you and catch you back-pedaling, I become a fanboi l33t yo! Weak at best.

Got 'em
Old 03-16-2006, 11:12 AM

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...6/pageNumber=3

Just because your friend paid too much for his doesn't mean everyone did. You paid the same for your car that most people paid for their SVTF that already came with nice 17in. wheels, sound system, so on and more. And your car is not much quicker. So because I correct you and catch you back-pedaling, I become a fanboi l33t yo! Weak at best.

Got 'em

and once again....being that SOME people paid $17k doesn't mean ALL did.....we can go back and forth all day about this......is it really worth it...I have my opinion and my opinion is that i would never even pay $17k for something with looks like an impregnated roller skate. I respect that you feel highly for the focus....so respect that I don't and be done with it.
And I don't know what you were getting at with " ....SVTF that already came with nice 17in. wheels, sound system, so on and more.".....what i was saying is SO DID MINE FOR THAT PRICE........drop it...
Old 03-16-2006, 11:16 AM

Referring to that article you cited....

Base MSRP of Test Vehicle: $19,130
MSRP of Test Vehicle: $20,255

I still can't seem to find where it says $17k...it looks more like the price of the SS/SC to me
Old 03-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned

and once again....being that SOME people paid $17k doesn't mean ALL did.....we can go back and forth all day about this......is it really worth it...I have my opinion and my opinion is that i would never even pay $17k for something with looks like an impregnated roller skate. I respect that you feel highly for the focus....so respect that I don't and be done with it.
And I don't know what you were getting at with " ....SVTF that already came with nice 17in. wheels, sound system, so on and more.".....what i was saying is SO DID MINE FOR THAT PRICE........drop it...
They stickered for 19k! And MOST NOT some people paid less then that. How did you respect me for respecting the focus by calling me a "fan boy"??? Yeah real respectful. You are wrong, I am right so you start to insult the car. Grow up and admit you are wrong.

What I was getting at is that your car is not much better then the SVTF if at all.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Banned

Referring to that article you cited....

Base MSRP of Test Vehicle: $19,130
MSRP of Test Vehicle: $20,255

I still can't seem to find where it says $17k...it looks more like the price of the SS/SC to me
You said and thought they stickered for 23k. Come on now. The SS/SC starts at $20,500 and costs about $22,000 to have some of the features SVTFs have stock.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:25 AM

wait so now I'm confused...you just changed your originally stated price of $17k to $19k and you are right?..........i wish i could have gone back and changed my answers on tests in high scool once i already knew they were wrong and then keep telling myself i'm right....yes doll, you keep telling yourself you are right...i'm sure you'll get real far in life. I called you a fan boy because I didn't START OFF by saying my car was better than anyone (I still haven't but simply stated i was a bit quicker) you come in here telling me I'm wrong because you THINK they sold for $17 (you have still yet to show me where you got that from since the last web site said $20k) so please save yourself the embarassment and just keep telling yourself you're right if that makes you feel better......OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS THEREFORE THEY CAN BE NIETHER RIGHT NOR WRONG .....their ya' go sweet heart that might be a bit easier for you to understand....
Old 03-16-2006, 11:33 AM

I once took an SVT focus from a roll by 2 car lenghts.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:12 PM

i couldnt get one to race when I had the Cobalt still, not even gonna bother now that I have my GTO, would be a waste of gas
Old 03-16-2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by RiCeEaTeR05SS
i couldnt get one to race when I had the Cobalt still, not even gonna bother now that I have my GTO, would be a waste of gas

lol i hear ya' on that....so how are you and the new goat getting along...i'm supposing no complaints yet.....the only complaint i had was the stock sound system.....but quick fix was to adjust the amp in the back...
Old 03-16-2006, 12:33 PM

Arrow

lol i hear ya' on that....so how are you and the new goat getting along...i'm supposing no complaints yet.....the only complaint i had was the stock sound system.....but quick fix was to adjust the amp in the back...
good, no gripes, only things are to be expected, takes so much longer to clean and detail,lol. Deff. did that system fix by turning up the factory amp, they had mine completely turned down, sounded like smacking a peice of cardboard w/ a wooden spoon. Either way, wont last long, I am planning on putting the system I had in my Grand Prix in my goat. two 15" Rockford Fosgate P1's in a dual bandpass box, 1farad dig. RF power series Capacitor, ANL fuesholder with 300amp platinum fuse, 250amp Circuitbreaker, 250amp battery issolator, 3000watt Monoblock Amp, and I plan to get a nice Pioneer or Panasonic deck, have a few picked out, right now, the Panosonic is kicking @$$ http://www.cardomain.com/item/PANCQC9701U . Of course, replacing the speakers w/ either RF or Infinity and possibly hook up my 2nd amp, 1000watt 2-Channel. And lots of sound deadning materials
Old 03-16-2006, 01:18 PM

cool.....looks like a nice unit...be sure to post pics when install is finished some guy on 1s2gto.com made a custom box which looked really really nice. and I hear ya' on the whole detailing aspect...this thing is a boat compared to the little cobalt and has many more grooves and lines than that of the cobalt...but is all worth it in the end
Old 03-16-2006, 01:44 PM

AHHH STOP TALKING ABOUT THE GTO!!! I'm getting so jealous. I want one so badly and was so close to getting a used 2004 until I saw the insurance quote......STOP!!! lol I still need to get a ride in one.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Banned

wait so now I'm confused...you just changed your originally stated price of $17k to $19k and you are right?..........i wish i could have gone back and changed my answers on tests in high scool once i already knew they were wrong and then keep telling myself i'm right....yes doll, you keep telling yourself you are right...i'm sure you'll get real far in life. I called you a fan boy because I didn't START OFF by saying my car was better than anyone (I still haven't but simply stated i was a bit quicker) you come in here telling me I'm wrong because you THINK they sold for $17 (you have still yet to show me where you got that from since the last web site said $20k) so please save yourself the embarassment and just keep telling yourself you're right if that makes you feel better......OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS THEREFORE THEY CAN BE NIETHER RIGHT NOR WRONG .....their ya' go sweet heart that might be a bit easier for you to understand....
What in the hell are you babbling about?? You did the same exact thing, but worse. You started off saying they cost 23k. Most sold for 17 and 18k, they started off at 19k though. Is that better. Your friend either got ripped off, had negative equity, or a really bad interest rate. I still don't see why I am a fan boy. Are you just throwing out insults even though you don't know what they mean???
Old 03-16-2006, 03:48 PM

Arrow

Originally Posted by memphisr24
AHHH STOP TALKING ABOUT THE GTO!!! I'm getting so jealous. I want one so badly and was so close to getting a used 2004 until I saw the insurance quote......STOP!!! lol I still need to get a ride in one.
my insurance only went up $30 a month, but back on topic
Old 03-16-2006, 05:56 PM

First off read that link, it even says that those are not the average times or best times. Secondly SVT Foci started at about 17k brand new and came with a really good sound system, awesome 6spd tranny(crappy clutch), nice tires and 17in wheels, awesome interior, and were all individualy numbered special editions. No matter what you say or think that is a hell of a deal for 17k.

Also it is funny how you say you are just stating a fact here and then later you say you are just saying your opinion. Make up your mind.

Actually, mine was $21.8k with options ( 6-disc changer, moonroof, HID's). Well I didn't pay that price, due to rebates, but that's the MSRP. $17k is an exaggerration. More like $19k for a base model SVTF.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by phxSS
Actually, mine was $21.8k with options ( 6-disc changer, moonroof, HID's). Well I didn't pay that price, due to rebates, but that's the MSRP. $17k is an exaggerration. More like $19k for a base model SVTF.

Well, my question is why would you buy a base focus for 15k give or take a few grand. Then go out and throw about 3k in it for the svt wheels, ground effects apperance kit and all the other items that a svt focus has ? why not just spend the rest of the money on a real one. Surely no one is this ignornant. But yes, im just as surprised as some of you are, i beat a 170hp car.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:09 PM

yeah but they weigh alot
Old 03-19-2006, 06:06 PM

Well, my question is why would you buy a base focus for 15k give or take a few grand. Then go out and throw about 3k in it for the svt wheels, ground effects apperance kit and all the other items that a svt focus has ? why not just spend the rest of the money on a real one. Surely no one is this ignornant. But yes, im just as surprised as some of you are, i beat a 170hp car.
Actually, we bought my brother's base model Focus with the "Flash" package which already included SVT Wheels, a little spoiler, and a couple other things for $9k brand spanking new.

Sure, we got an awesome deal (someone offered us $9,500 a year later!!!) but that would be a good example of someone who would buy the base model and build it up a little instead of getting the SVT.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:45 PM

What are you talking about? An authentic SVT Focus went for about $19k for the "base" model version (which comes with the 17' wheels, body kit, leather, suspension, 170hp engine, etc). My SVTF had all the options ( HID's, moonroof, 6 disc CD changer), which came out to $21.8k. Whose talking about the 130hp Focus?